Other Sunscreens:

Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Dry-Oil Sunscreen Nourishing Coconut Oil SPF 15

Pros

Cons

Great scent!

Comments about Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Dry-Oil Sunscreen Nourishing Coconut Oil SPF 15:

I try to use natural products as often as possible, so Alba is one of my favorite brands for many different products. I really like the Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Dry-Oil Sunscreen Nourishing Coconut Oil SPF 15. First, this has a great scent. It really smells like the scent I think of when I'm planning to go to go to the beach. The coconut smell is the perfect scent without being overpowering.

You basically spray a small amount of this sunscreen on your skin. It works to both keep you skin from getting too dry from the sun while protecting your skin from the sun.

I love the scent of this sunscreen. It is the perfect coconut smell for the summer.

This works well to keep my skin from getting burned when I am out in the sun. I typically reapply this every few hours, and it will stay on my skin, protecting it from the sun, for that whole time.

Ease of Application
This is really easy to apply to your skin because it comes in a spray bottle.

• Ease of Application:

Coconut oil is great for your skin!

I live a really clean lifestyle and one thing I have learned is how great coconut oil is for your skin. That is why this sun block is wonderful. Alba is a great brand and this dry oil sunscreen works wonders. It has an SPF of 15 so you get protection from the sun. The oil feature helps you enhance your tan. An added bonus is that the coconut oil leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft. It nourishes your skin while protecting this. This is one of my top rated sun blocks. I would highly recommend trying it. The benefits are definitely worth the price.

The scent is great. It has a very tropical coconut scent to it. It is a great scent for summer. It will leave you smelling great after you use it as well.

Absorption
Due to this being oil, it does not absorb incredibly fast. However, it absorbs better than other oils I have used.

Longevity
It lasts a decent amount of time. I reapply about every hour and a half.

It is highly effective at protecting you from burning but also enhancing your tan.

Ease of Application
The spray feature makes it easy to apply.

Really Good Stuff

from Oakwood Vlg., OH

I bought this sunscreen for myself as well as and especially for my grandson who has eczema. I found this product to be excellent overall in many categories.

I love the scent of this sunscreen, which everyone knows is a tricky subject that can can be rated on the extreme as far as scents and sunscreens are concerned. But this one smells very natural and tropical as well. The coconut smell is very prominent.

Absorption
The absorption properties are amazing. It does not feel at all tacky after you apply it. I want to say it has a lingering feel on the skin similar to a regular lotion or skin oil without sunscreen properties.

Longevity
The longevity of this sunscreen is pretty good.Although because it isn't heavy I would recommend applying it again after 2-3 hours or so to maintain a consistent protection, especially if you are doing any swimming.

The effectiveness is great. As I mentioned earlier my grandson has eczema and this product worked very well for his skin as he does not get sun burned when using it , nor does it upset his eczema either.

Ease of Application
I love that this product is a spray. It allows for an even application as well as being entertaining for use with a child as they can turn around freely and flail their limbs around while you spray.

• Ease of Application:

Alba's Hawaiian Dry Oil Sunscreen leaves a lot to be desired.

from Camp Lejeune, NC

I was looking for an all-natural pump spray sunscreen because I can't stand the horrible fumes or greasy feel that come out of those other spray can sunscreens. I thought I had found "the one" when I found **Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Dry-Oil Sunscreen Nourishing Coconut Oil SPF 15**, but I haven't.

While I don't like some aspects of this product, I do like the fact that it's all natural, paraben-free and not tested on animals.

When you first apply Alba Botanica Natural Hawaiian Dry-Oil Sunscreen Nourishing Coconut Oil SPF 15, the scent is amazing...however, shorty after, very shortly after, the scent takes on an almost chemical-like scent. The wonderful pina colada I smell in the beginning is replaced by a coconut laced chemical scent that is too strong and gives me a headache.

Absorption
Although this is a spray-on coconut oil sunscreen, I was thinking the term "dry-oil" meant that it wasn't going to feel oily, but it does. It leaves my skin with a coating that I don't car for. I definitely would not use this on my face!

Longevity
Since this is an SPF 15, it should be applied much more frequently than a higher SPF. The bottle says that it's water-resistant up to 40 minutes, and that sounds about right from when I've used this.

This is only an SPF 15, so it's not designed to be strong coverage like my other sunscreen that's an SPF 50, but I bought it to quickly fill in the gaps of reapplying my other sunscreen. I apply frequently, so I haven't gotten burned from using this in between my SPF 50 applications.

Ease of Application
Although in a pump and not a spray, this sunscreen is very easy to apply. I squirt the pump and then rub the sunscreen on my skin. I guess having to rub it in, makes getting this "spray" sunscreen seem silly, but if you don't rub it in, it does not get evenly applied.