Other Facial Moisturizers:
Moisturizers for Sensitive Skin
Aveeno
Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

Pros

• Goes on smoothly (3)
  • Moisturizes well (3)
  • Softens skin (3)

Cons

• Deep moisturization (3)
  • Winter dryness (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (3)

The only facial moisturizer I will use from now on.

Most people know from my health and beauty reviews that I am constantly working out in the pool. Thus, my skin is constantly exposed to chlorine and as a result it can be red, irritated and cracking. My face is no exception, and it is especially hard to take care of dry skin on my face when I am also trying to clear up my acne!

I have always loved Aveeno's body lotions, so after a *terrible* experience with Clean & Clear's Dual Action Moisturizer I decided I would test out **Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer**. The bottle doesn't lie: this lotion IS ultra-calming!

The lotion does not have a distinct smell, which I love. It really just smells fresh with a hint of sunscreen (because it does have SPF 15 in it). It's not oily, though, like most sunscreens. It doesn't leave my face feeling greasy after application, and it doesn't make my face greasy later in the day. In fact, my skin is so soft and smooth now that I have started using **Aveeno Ultra Calming Daily Moisturizer**! Even though it is not designed to clear up acne I think it has helped, although it has been assisted by the Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub.

If you have severely dry skin and are trying to fight acne/oily skin but still moisturize, this is the lotion for you! Hands down my favorite. I will never buy another face lotion.

Aveeno Ultra-drying Cream

I purchased **Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream** because they discontinued my old moisturizer.  I only use moisturizer for Winter months because my skin dries out so much.  It was made with natural products and was supposed to be good for your skin.  I didn't have the problem with the red irritated skin, just dry.  It was terrible.  There was no moisturizing at all.  It dried my skin out worse.  I tried to cintinue using the **Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream** for a week.  I ended up returning the **Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream** because it was so drying and I wasn't a big fan of the scent either.  Kind of defeated the purpose of using a moisturizer.  I could probably use **Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizing Cream** during the summer months when my face is oily easier.

This is one of my must haves!

from Syracuse, NY

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Not Greasy
  • Softens Skin

• Dry/Chapped Skin

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15:

If I could only express just how DRY my skin is, you'd still never get the full picture. My skin is like the Sahara, and I have tried everything to make it better. I started using Aveeno products about 4 months ago in my last attempt to reclaim my skin. I have a lot of redness in my face due to the fact that my skin is so overly dry that it is irritated. It doesn't matter if it is winter or summer...my skin hates me. Aveeno is now my savior. Since I added strictly Aveeno to my regimen, my skin has been saved. I use this moisturizer in the morning and evening after cleansing. My redness has improved drastically and my skin no longer has actual cracks and overall flakiness.

Very good

from Morgantown wv

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
    • Goes On Smoothly
    • Long Lasting
    • Moisturizes Well
    • Not Greasy
    • Smells Great

• After Shower/Bath
      • Bedtime
      • Dry/Chapped Skin
      • Eczema

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15:

This is a great moisturizer. I have combination skin. In yh summer and winter tends to get very dry. This feels so good on my face even under makeup. I love the hint of scent it is not overpowering. Very good moisturizer

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

My favorite moisturizer.

from San Jose, CA

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Goes On Smoothly
      • Long Lasting
      • Moisturizes Well
      • Softens Skin

• After Shower/Bath
        • Bedtime

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15:

I always use this product right after the shower. It moisturizes my skin so well and keeps my skin hydrated and moisturized throughout the long day. It goes on my skin well , flawlessly and smoothly. I really enjoy this product. The smell is not too bad and does not last long.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

A mans moisturizer.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15:

During the fall and winter months my skin especially on my face becomes very dry and itchy. I have spent most of my life just dealing with this problem any way I could until a couple of years ago when my wife suggested trying this product. She was introduced to it after going through radiation therapy for breast cancer. The Aveeno Ultra seemed to do very well in moisturizing her after these extreme treatments so she thought it would be good for my minor problem. I used it for about two weeks and found that it did indeed help with the dryness and flaking I was experiencing. I am nearly fifty years old and had never used any type of product such as this before, but as it has turned out I don't think I would want to go through another fall and winter without it. This has proved to be a very high quality and useful moisturizers, I never had much faith in creams or rub on remedies of any kind, but I must admit this one has changed my mind. A great product at a decent price, I would highly recommend the Aveeno Ultra.

Fantastic

from Edina, MN

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15:

The Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 is a great daily moisturizer to have included in your routine. It has a smooth, soft, creamy texture that is light and fresh. Almost no scent and very soothing, hydrating and non-irritating for the facial skin. A small amount goes a long way and leaves your skin with the hydration you will need for the day. If it is a really dry season its nice to have on in your purse for reapplication in the afternoon. They don't take up much room. Aveeno has great products at very reasonable prices for how soft and soothing they are for your skin. I am a big fan of their line of products and am just getting to know all they have to offer.

Great moisturizer. All you need in a small bottle, even SPF, although I wish it were SPF 30.

Ease of Application
        Super simple, quick and effective.

Pretty much no aroma/scent so really nice for skins and noses that are sensitive.

Works fairly well

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15:

I bought Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizer to go with the Aveeno facial cleanser. The two really pair well together and when using both your face will not dry out or get flaky and itchy. I did not notice that there was an added SPF factor which was a nice surprise. I bought this to wear at night mostly, but when I realized that I now also use it during the day. It is a major plus to me to know that my delicate facial skin will be protected from the sun even if it is just a small protection. I realy like this moisturizer because it is very thick, yet light and thin if that makes sense. The thickness means it really gets your skin moist with just a little bit of it. The light and thin means that it is easy to spread around and soaks right into your skin without leaving a layer behind or having to rub in for ten minutes. It is quick and easy to use. I love this stuff and I think you will like it too.

• Ease of Application:

Totally not worth the expense!!!!!

from Salisbury, NC

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15:

I was not happy with anything about this product! I felt it was too heavy and not near as calming as it claimed to be. I do feel as though it contributed in a facial breakout I had after use In addition it was way overpriced for what you got.

The product was supposed to be calming. What I found was it was more aggravating than calming. After I tried it I passed it on to my teenage daughter to see if it was just my skin and although most things work for her this did not. This product may work for someone who has oilier skin than we do. The one thing that it did do was protect my skin from the sun.

Ease of Application
        This product went on smoothly and was easily applied. There were no surprises and it wasn't at all complicated. It was somewhat thicker when applied than I expected it to be.

It didn't smell clean. It was too much of a perfume smell for me. I prefer something with a lighter smell applied to my face

So far so good

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15:

I've been reading some really good reviews and some really bad ones as well. I first used this product last night and I used it this morning. I am pairing it with the foaming facial cleanser. So far I can already tell a difference in my dryness and redness. My face feels better already! I am hoping this will finally be what I have been looking for.

There is barely a scent at all and it smells good to me.

Wonderful product!

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15:

I use this moisturizer almost everyday. I have never had any problems with it. It works very well on my oily skin, and I like the light scent. It feels nice and light on my skin, even under makeup, or on a very hot day. I live in Florida, so it gets very hot, so with it being lightweight and having SPF, it's perfect. I use this product immediately after I get out of the shower, so my skin is still slightly damp. It absorbs almost immediately, which is awesome. This is one of my holy grail products!

This helps reduce redness on my face, doesn't cause any breakouts, is light weight, and moisturizes my skin very well. When using this product I have never been burnt on my face, even though it gets very hot here everyday, especially during the summer.

Ease of Application
        Very easy, just step out of the shower, dry your face slightly,then rub this in. It will absorb very quickly! Couldn't be easier.

The scent is mild, almost unnoticeable to me. I like that it is lightly scented, as this is less irritating for my skin.

• Ease of Application:

Aveeno makes amazing skin care products!

from Stoughton, Wi

Comments about Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15:

I absolutely love the Aveeno line of skin care products and the Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer is a beauty essential in my household! My daughter and I have been using Aveeno skin care products for over ten years and we are very brand loyal to Aveeno.

My face and neck feel smooth and well nourished after applying Aveeno Daily Moisturizer. I have used other moisturizers that have left my skin feeling tight and greasy but this is not the case with Aveeno cream. My daughter has very sensitive skin and is prone to rashes and acne breakouts, but when using Aveeno Moisturizer, her face is clear. I also like that Aveeno has an SPF of 15 which provides some sun protection.

Ease of Application
        Aveeno Moisturizer comes in an easy to use pump dispenser which is not messy and conveniently dispenses just the right amount of product with only one pump.

The Aveeno moisturizer has a subtle pleasant smell. I think the ultra-calming name suits this product well because it truly has a calming and soothing effect on my skin! I will always be a huge fan of Aveeno skin care and I think it is a great product at a very reasonable price.