Other Facial Moisturizers:
Eucerin

Pros

Cons

Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Moisturizing Creme

My whole family has very dry skin, especially on our hands. In the winter, our hands often crack and bleed. My daughters' pediatrician recommended Eucerin. I have been using it for many years now.  Besides using it on my hands, I also use it on my face, which is also very dry. It is VERY thick. it can be a bit hard to work into your skin. You really have to rub it in until it is absorbed. I always put it on before bed ( it is much too heavy to wear during the day under makeup). When I wake up in the morning, I still have some on my face. It really stays on and keeps moisturizing all throughout the night. I use it year round. My daughters like to use it on their hands at night. They put on a thick layer and they wear sleeping gloves. In the morning, their hands are much better. They do not need to do this everynight. Once or twice a week seems to do the trick. Our family has found it to be very gentle and nonirritating. It is a bit pricey, but it does go a long way.

Made my skin sting

I purchased this product because I heard this product was similar to a lightweight Vaseline. I am a huge fan of Vaseline but find it too heavy. I was hoping this product would fit...Read complete review

I purchased this product because I heard this product was similar to a lightweight Vaseline. I am a huge fan of Vaseline but find it too heavy. I was hoping this product would fit the bill.

This Eucerin creme was moisturizing and did really help to soothe my dry and cracked skin. It was more lightweight than Vaseline but still heavier than other moisturizers. It didn't absorb that well and sometimes felt a bit like it was just sitting atop the skin.

Unfortunately I couldn't use this on my face because upon application it immediately began to sting and left my skin red and irritated. I was really disappointed because I generally liked the feel of it on my skin. I think it was just a bad reaction.

However I began using it on the rough patches of my body, especially my elbows and heels. I can definitely see a difference as these rough patches have gotten smoother in texture and less dry.

I rated this satisfactory because it is great for my body but I had a terrible reaction on my face.

No real scent.

Perfect for Winter

from Marion, Illinois

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Long Lasting
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Not Greasy
  • Softens Skin

Cons

• Too Greasy or Heavy

• After Shower/Bath
  • Bedtime
  • Deep Moisturization
  • Dry/Chapped Skin
  • Eczema
  • Winter Dryness

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme:

I do have to say that I love this tub of creme. I will admit that it is a tad bit on the more expensive side, however totally worth it. The large tub lasts a long while, I have had mine for about 2 years and that i with average use. I do not use much of it in the summer except on my feet, knees, and elbows. For fall and winter, this is my go to lotion. It is really really heavy and goes on thick, so you do not need too much. I do wish that it was whipped. A thought I have had is to take a blender to the lotion to whip some air into it. It would double the lotion and make it smooth on so much easier.

One of my favorites!

from Wisconsin

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme:

I probably should be rating this a 10. No other moisturizing cream works as well in the winter as this Eucerin. Probably the only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because I'm a nut for all-natural and organic ingredients. I don't like chemicals much. This cream really, really works for combating dryness, though. It's a tad bit harder to rub on as it can be rather thick, and it does take a little more to spread it on evenly, but it's oh-so worth it. I can still feel the cream on my skin even after rubbing it in, but not like a sticky, greasy feel. It's a very pleasant moisturizing feel. The tub is huge, it is not expensive and very easy to find in just about any store. You really can't ask for a better all-around moisturizing cream than this one. If you haven't tried it, I would run, not walk, to get some in time for the winter. This is one cream I am NEVER without in this household. No scent either. LOVE, love, love this. Hint: I rarely go to bed at night without rubbing this all over my feet first. Less itchy feet now.

from Chesapeake, VA

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme:

I have dry skin, and I received a sample of Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme, really hoping that it would work. Long story short: it did not. The packet said the creme was fragrance-free, but it had a slight medicinal smell to it, but not enough to be annoying. In order to best test this creme's ability to moisturize my skin, I put it only on one hand, one arm, and one leg. The creme was thick, and applied easily without any problems, but it didn't seem to melt into my skin like some moisturizers, but the most annoying part - it was sticky. I checked my skin at intervals - after one minute, then after ten minutes, and after an hour, and still the creme was still as sticky as when I first put it on. It took about two hours for the sticky feeling to be gone, so maybe keep that in mind if you are going to wear clothes over this creme. My skin felt no difference after two hours, and on the the next day, I could still feel no difference in my skin on my leg, arm, and hand.

Good product

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme:

I would say that Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme is a good product. It does very well at replenishing lost moisture to dry skin,although it is a little heavy for my skin because I have combination skin. I usually need a lighter moisturizer. It is a well known and trusted brand of skin care. The cost is not bad, so it will work quite well for most family budgets. The smell is fine, but I have smelled some moisturizers that i like better.

This product is effective for using as a good moisturizer for your dry skin. It will help to give it some much needed moisture, especially in the the cold and chilly winter weather. My skin gets extremely dry in the winter months and this helped it quite well. I always have to moisturize my skin every time I take a shower and in between as well.

Ease of Application
It is very easy to apply to your skin. You can just rub it in easily.

The scent is good, but not great. It is just a matter of personal preference.

• Ease of Application:

Good moisturizer, but not for the face

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme:

This product is listed under facial moisturizers, but I would not use it for the face. I need a product that feels light on my skin, is not greasy, and doesn't clog pores. I don't think this product will clog your pores, but for me, it's not something I would use on my face. It is a product that I would use on other areas of my body. Eucerin products are great for people with really dry or sensitive skin. I have eczema and use Eucerin products on a daily basis to prevent flare ups. Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme is great for dry, itchy patches of skin. It is a littler thicker than some lotions, but not as thick as some creams. It spreads nicely, leaves a little bit of a greasy feel on the skin upon application, but then as your skin soaks up the lotion, the greasy feeling goes away and the skin feels soft. It has a very light, yet pleasant, scent. I prefer pump or squeeze bottle lotions, so this packaging is not very convenient, in my opinion. Otherwise, this is a good product to soothe dry skin.

Very Good Lotion for Dry Skin

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme:

This lotion works wonders for dry skin. I mostly use it for my hands and my feet, because they get really dry. I just take a small amount and it makes my skin feel smooth, and not rough or dry. My husband has eczema, and when it starts to flare up he will use this to put on the area and it helps him. I also got small sample bottles of it from my sons pediatrician's office when we were looking for a doctor for him before I gave birth. Once I had my son, I used this lotion on him instead of the Johnson baby lotion, and I love it. The price isn't bad for a tub of it either. It is a little higher than basic lotion, but it is well worth the extra money. It is thick, but not greasy. You don't need to use a lot. Just a small amount goes a long way with this product. It is the only lotion I will buy for my family, and I highly recommend it to everyone.

This product is very effective, and I noticed a difference the first time I ever used this product.

Euclid Dry Skin Therapy Review

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme:

Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme is a favorite among people like myself with seriously dry skin. I consider this moisturizing creme a little gem that is rich and luxurious but doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It penetrates deeply and moisturizes wonderfully leaving supple skin with a glow.

It does exactly what it's intended to do as I mentioned above and then some! It provides a deep and rich moisturizing treatment for dry skin be leaving a warm, supple glow!

Ease of Application
The ease of application is very simple and quick. Just follow the directions on the back of the moisturizer for a successful application should you assistance.

Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme is actually unscented and dermatologist tested for sensitive skin. That's one of the main factors in using Eucerin products for me is the fact that Eucerin products are dermatologist tested and continue to be favored by many for its trusted products!

• Ease of Application:

I have a great deal of confidence in Eucerin.

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme:

This product is wonderful for a variety of reason. For starters, it is highly effective on dry skin as Eucerin claims in its description. It is also extremely gentle to use on sensitive skin, so much so that I often use a little bit on a tissue to remove eye makeup and soften the skin around my eyes all in one shot.
I've most often used it to keep my elbows and knees soft, which it does wonderfully, but I've also used it on my children during the dry, winter months. It is really that nice.

I can't think of a single complaint about the effectiveness of Eucerin in combating dry skin, safely and gently.

Ease of Application
I prefer Eucerin's jar over pump-style lotions, primarily because it allows me to access the exact quantity I like. It rubs on and into my skin quite easily and does not leave a greasy residue behind.

I really love the mild scent of this product. It is pleasant, yet not overpowering. Gentle enough that it can be used on young children without bothering their little noses.

Extremely moisturizing!

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme:

I love this product for days when I have really dry patches on my face. They usually come from me trying to attack blemishes on my face. After the blemish dries out, I usually have dry skin all around the blemish. So, I love using this product over those dry spots. It helps my makeup go on so much more smoothly. Instead of my foundation clinging to those patches and making my skin look horrible and fake, the foundation just smoothes over any dry patches I may have.

This product is too heavy for me to use on my oily skin when I don't have any dry patches. However, this product is perfect for dry skin around my spots.

I think this product is marketed as a face moisturizer, but I actually love using it on my elbows, heels and on any other really dry patches. The formula is so smooth and non-greasy, so it's a dream to use other places on the body.

This product doesn't have much of a smell, either!

Excellent For Dry Skin But A Little Greasy

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy Original Moisturizing Creme:

When I get red, dry patches of skin on my residual limb I need to apply a moisturizer as soon as possible so the situation doesn't get worse. Because I wear a silicone sleeve anywhere from ten to fourteen hours a day my skin get go from looking fine and feeling smooth to being dried out and being irritated in about fifteen minutes. I have used other Eucerin products on my limb but the original formula is what works best. The downside is that it is a little on the greasy side so it isn't something that I can apply before I go to bed without it ending up on the sheets and blankets.

If I take my sleeve off during the day and see any redness or dry patches I will apply this and leave the sleeve off for about a half hour; if there is any product left on my skin I will wipe it off then put my sleeve and prosthetic back on. Even if I don't wipe it off, it doesn't irritate my skin because it is dye and scent free. When I take the sleeve off there will be some product on the inside of it but nothing that can't be cleaned up with an alcohol free wipe. In addition to using this on my leg I have also used it on my face in the winter when I have had wind burn, my elbows and on my remaining foot.

Even though this is expensive it is something that works for me and my specific needs. It is thick and I can control how much I am applying to my skin; if I apply this while I am in bed watching television before I go to sleep and give it twenty or thirty minutes to soak in to my skin then I don't have to worry about it getting on the sheets. This does wash out of clothing and bedding but until you get it in the washer you'll see a grease mark. The dry skin therapy works a little faster than other Eucerin products so if you are dealing with an ongoing or recurring dry skin problem and want something over the counter to treat it, this is worth trying.

No scent