Other Laptops:
Apple
MC503LL/A
Apple 13.3" MacBook Air Laptop

Apple 13.3" MacBook Air Laptop

Pros

• Fast (3)

• Speed/Performance:

The Macbook Air is the best Mac I've owned in 8 years!

I've been a Mac user since the old G3 iBook days. I've had nearly every generation of Apple laptop in the last 8 years and the Air is by far the best. I just switched from a MacBookPro to the Air and love the improvement in size, weight, and screen crispness.

The Air is the most minimal Mac yet with just power, 2 USB ports, video out, headphone jack and some smart card thing that I've never used. No buttons but the keyboard. No cdrom (I've installed everything from download or USB drive!). Mac OS X Lion is a nice upgrade for me as well.

But the Best feature that makes the Air (and other MacBooks) so easy to use is the mouse pad with multi-finger and swipe gestures and clicks. This is far and away the best mousing experience on any laptop.

Battery Life
The battery life on this machine is good, although my one complaint is that there is no battery life indicator like the Pros have. You have to actually boot up to see how much juice is left.

Support & Service
Apple Care and the Genius Bar have been solid for me over the years and I haven't seen any indication that this would be different now.

Speed/Performance
The Air is definitely not the top of the line MacBook. You are definitely giving up performance for size and portability. On the other hand your hard drive is an SSD (Solid State Device) so you don't have as much IO wait. So far I've been really happy with the performance I've been getting, but I don't game or do any super intensive processing

Apple has and continues to produce the most well designed machines of any manufacturer. I love the minimal styling, the aluminum body, etc etc.

I've only had this machine for a month but with the minimal moving parts and solid aluminum construction I expect it to go for a long time. The MacBook line can generally take a solid beating from daily commuting (including slipping on the ice and falling on my backpacke multiple times!)

Disappointed in the Apple MacBook Air 13.3

The Apple MacBook Air 13.3” is not as nice as I would like it to be. It could use more USB ports for one, because I like to have a lot of USB ports when I am doing my work, and I have ran into trouble trying to use Norton ghost to do imaging for my colleagues. Yes it is light, yes the battery life is decent, and yes it is sleek, but otherwise, I would recommend just getting the MacBook Pro because it surpasses everything over the Air. You could be carrying your MacBook Pro around and do the same daily tasks and more. You can play games on your MacBook Pro, or do your editing using Adobe Photoshop, and you can even let your children play games on your MacBook Pro because it would be powerful enough. With the Air, you would not have a CD/DVD drive to install games, so you would need an external drive, which is a hassle. Although portable as it seems. I think people would enjoy having another laptop for the price you pay. Any logical person would of course pay for the better product.

MacBook is the way to go

from Ames, Iowa

About Me Tech Savvy

Pros

• Fast
  • Lightweight

Cons

• Lack of inputs

• Business Use
  • Web Browsing

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Air Laptop:

I purchased my Mac Book Air about a year ago and first impressions were very good. As soon as you start using this computer you can tell it is a high quality product. Before having a mac I had never owned a laptop, so the computers that I used were mostly Microsoft products. I became used to the way that the computer operated very quickly without confusion. As a college student I recommend purchasing this computer if you plan on or currently attending college. This is because most programs and documents you will run into while attending school tends to cooperate better with mac products.

Here are some qualities I looked for when purchasing this Laptop.

• User friendly
• Solid-state hard drive
• Lightweight design
• Connects to the internet without issues
• Bright screen
• Holds a charge
• Slick design
• Reasonable price

After purchasing this computer everything that was listed above became a reality. It is user friendly because I am able to open multiple windows from different programs and work on them freely. Also, being an iPhone user, I am able to link up my phone to this computer and access pictures, messages, music, etc. Having a solid-state hard drive makes this an even better purchasing decision in my opinion. Compared to a regular hard drive that has moving parts, it is quicker and has less of a risk for breakage. Being lightweight, this is an advantage if you are a traveler or college student who will be carrying it around in a bag or suitcase. Connecting to the Internet is very easy. Within seconds of opening this laptop you will either connect or recognize a wireless network. The one flaw you might have with this computer is the lack of imports for chords and adapters, but since I only use my Mac Book for school it usually isn't an issue. The screen brightness can be adjusted to your specific needs. If you prefer a bright screen there is no need to worry about your battery life. This Mac tends to hold a charge regardless of the bri

• Primary use:
  • Personal
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

macbook air a very good to used

from k s a

Pros

• Comfortable Keyboard
  • Fast
  • Lightweight
  • Long Battery Life
  • Powerful
  • Quality Display

Cons

• Freezes Up

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Air Laptop:

Of computers that caused a quantum leap in the world of technology it had previously purchased several times and I will buy in the future that he really deserves to be with you wherever you are

Mac book Air Laptoop

from mumbai

Pros

• Fast

Cons

• Heavy

• Business Use

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Air Laptop:

I got this laptop with superb features.And its working fantastic. and really am happy, this laptop is suitable for all business work.

• Primary use:
    • Business
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

You can get used to this.

from New Baltimore, MI

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Air Laptop:

I've never owned a macbook before, just purchased this one a few weeks ago. It took some time to get used to and I'm still learning the ins and outs of the mac but with all things, you'll get used to it. This computer is really fast, not even considering how light it is. And how light it is! I had a very large laptop before this, which was nice if I was just sitting at home with it but it was a real annoyance every time I traveled. Furthermore, I needed to take it to work more and more so it added so much more weight. This one is excellent for traveling and literally takes a load off my back. Overall, I'm very happy with this computer and the only reason that I am rating it lower than a 10 is because I have to get used to a new style of computer and Apple is not as popular and so it can be a hassle to convert. I also wish that it had more ports (it will not plug into the cables that my old computer did to show my work on a television screen, for instance) but I think that all new computers are getting rid of the old style of ports, sadly.

I haven't had the computer for very long so I can't attest to durability absolutely.

• Speed/Performance:

The Apple 13.3" MacBook Air Laptap is a great computer to have.

from The Colony, TX

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Air Laptop:

The Apple MacBook is a wonderful computer that your whole family will enjoy. The Apple MacBook is a very light computer to carry around if you are on vacation. The internet loading time is terrific, and the screen size is great. Charge it up and take it with you when your on the road.

The MacBook is very user friendly for your children. If you don't know how to use something, just hit the help button and go through the menu.

Battery Life
    The MacBook computer has a long battery life. Just charge up your computer and it should be good for five or six hours. You will love this!

Support & Service
    The MacBook laptop has a great support system from the Apple customer service representatives. Just call the 800 number and they will help you with anythng. Their customer service representatives are very friendly.

Speed/Performance
    The MacBook laptop has wonderful speed and performance. Loading programs is not a problem at all. Turn the laptop on and it will loadiIn a matter of minutes. You will be on the internet in no time.

The Macbook design is very unique and classy. You will be proud to be seen with this sleek laptop.

The Macbook's durability can't be beat. If you spill a drink on the laptap, just wipe it clean quickly. This will not harm your keyboard.

Best Laptop Made.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Air Laptop:

I work a very demanding job that requires me to be on my laptop a lot of the time and to do a whole lot of work on it, so I need a laptop that has a long battery life, is dependable, and isn't very susceptible to getting viruses and having a lot of major problems. The Apple Macbook Air has been amazing and is the very best laptop that I have not only ever owned but ever seen. I have never had a single problem with this laptop. Macbooks are so efficient and quick, it is amazing how fast I can get work done on this operating system compared to a different type of laptop. My favorite part about this laptop is that it is almost impossible to get a virus on it. There are very few that effect Macbooks and the security on it is very good, I know that all of the sensitive documents that I deal with on a day to day basis are going to be safe. It is so easy to use and the battery lasts a long time, I can get so much work done even if I am somewhere that does not have a power outlet easily accessible. It has a great design and is so lightweight and slim and easy to take with you anywhere you need to go, I love my Mac.

Amazing Computer

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Air Laptop:

I can't say enough positive things about this computer. The most attractive aspect of this laptop is the size. It is super thin and lightweight, perfect for students to carry around. With how thin the computer is there is no disc drive. Some may not like this future but I actually see this as a positive thing since most people don't use disc drives anymore and instead thumb drives. Another positive is that a disc drive can break easily causing expensive repairs to a laptop. If you use an inexpensive external disc drive and it breaks it can easily be replaced without having to send in your whole laptop.

Battery Life
    The battery on my laptop lasts around 10 hours which is perfect when I have classes all day and am unable to charge my computer.

Support & Service
    If you are worried about your computer breaking down Apple Care is a great purchase that will get you through school.

The casing of the laptop can easily be scratched or dented if you aren't careful but if the laptop is stored in a protective case you don't need to worry about it.

Great for school

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Air Laptop:

I recently purchased an Apple computer because I love all my Apple products and it was time for a new computer. I'm very glad to say that this Apple computer is no different, I love my Apple computer! The reason that I gave it a nine instead of a complete ten was because it was so different from my other computers. Now of course I knew this upon purchasing the Apple computer, however, I just did not expect the computer to be as different as it was.

As I previously said the computer is very nice and I love it, however, it was very different in terms of having to learn how to use it, especially, if you're not used to the way that an Apple computer operates. On the plus side once you use it for a few days you will have everything under complete control.

Battery Life
    The battery life on this computer is absolutely amazing! Being in college I need a computer that lasts a long time, especially, concerning the fact that I write a lot of papers. Therefore, I will say that the battery life of it is perfect for those who are doing research or projects that require them to be away from a wall plug.

Apple's MacBook Air is Light as a Feather and Works Well

from Lafayette, LA

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Air Laptop:

I purchased my Apple MacBook Air in 2011 and I haven't had any problems with it thus far, which is pretty exceptional considering the average lifespan of a laptop. Compared to PCs, Apple computers are lightyears ahead. On the MacBook I've never gotten a virus or any type of malware. Viruses and malware are rare on an Apple computer, which is why I purchased mine in the first place. The speed is lightning fast when surfing the web and doing simple tasks on the MacBook. Freezing is rare, but when it happens, Apple has the Force Quit function which immediately exits the problem windows. The MacBook Air is slender and very lightweight. It has a nice silver color and it looks cutting edge- very modern. What I really love the most about the design of the MacBook Air is how light it is. I carry my laptop with me and it feels no heavier than a notebook. Apple is a bit pricey, but you do get what you pay for. The only downside is that this one does not come with a CD-drive and the memory is a bit small, but other than that I am pleased with this product.

• Speed/Performance:

Fast but does have it's bugs.

from Southern Cal

Comments about Apple 13.3" MacBook Air Laptop:

I'm finding that some of the microsoft office 2008 programs (I know, it's 2008 version, but my old mac was fine) are a little 'buggy' on this new macbook. My previous macbook had no such issues. I don't think I should have to spend extra money to update programs just because I've updated the hardware to run them. also had to get a bunch of new cables to attach my external monitor. Basically, it costs you a bunch more than you thought when you upgrade your computer because none of your old cables or adapters work. I find that abusive to change these things and force consumers to buy new adapters and such. And without a disc drive, I can longer download music from my CD collection (yes I still have CD's). It's light and fast, but it doesn't make up for the glitches and extra cost.

The new features are overly complicated I think. It's not intuitive enough and i don't have time to relearn things. so I work with it the old macbook way. there are probably a lot of cool new features, but not enough easy steps to learn them.

Battery Life
    Well, I haven't had to use it away from an electrical outlet but once and it lived up to what it states , approx 12 hours. But can't comment too much since it was just the one time. We'll see if that holds as the thing gets older and I have to use it more often with only battery.

Support & Service
    it was good when I first called right after I got it, issues were resolved. a couple times they couldn't tell me the 'why' of things, just how to fix it. but that's run out now, so I'll have to figure it out myself. but support was helpful when needed early on.

Speed/Performance
    Fast speed, certainly faster than my old one. Fast start-up, and shut down, apps open up quickly. Not lightening fast, but fast enough.

light-weight, sleek, good sized keyboard. has what I need.

This is a middle of the scale grade because I don't know about the durability. I've had it for 3 months, so can't really say. I assume it'll last a sufficient amount of time, which is why I'd give it an average rating. Don't expect it to be superior to other brands.