3.8

3.8

lovein the self-cleaning oven

from Gardner, KS

Comments about Amana Freestanding Electric Range:

I love my oven, but hate the ceramic top.  It is difficult to clean and I cannot use any of my cast iron on it!  If water boils over the cooked on mess is there until I use the special cleaner with the special pads to take/rub it off.  What a hassle, I do have the white ceramic top and the black one maybe totally different. I do however love the self-cleaning oven!  No rubbing, no scraping no messy cleanup and hardly even a smell.  I can clean it during the day without a problem and no "it smells sticky" complaints.  I can cook a large turkey or ham without a problem it is huge.

Worked fine a few years, then various problems.

from Athens, TN

Comments about Amana Freestanding Electric Range:

We had this range back when our house was built. The kitchen was outfitted with al most everything Amana from the carpetner. Some of the things worked great (and still do) but the range started out fine and then had some problems down the road.

The range itself looks good. Top is very sleek and easy to clean. The indicator when it's on is very easy to see and eye becomes red (so you won't accidnetly burn yourself or something else). The oven, well it's an oven. You have your standard top and bottom racks to place things on (both removable as you'd expect). Below the oven there's a pull out shelf to store a small amount of pots or things or whatever you want.

Overall the design, while nothing special or unique, looks and works very well. No complaints on any of these areas.

However after having the unit a few years one time after the power went out the alarm on it started to go off when it came back on after about an hour of being plugged in. Now the power has went off before and came back on, without any problems at all. It wasn't until this time the alarm starting going wonky.

We read through the manual twice, couldn't figure out what would be causing it to go off. We reset all the things we could. It got the point where the only way to not having it blaring was to unplug it when not in use.

The oven wasn't used much in our household so it wasn't too much of a problem, but it wa sannoying to have to plug it in when it was needed (having to undo the bottom rack). Broke down and got someone to look at it, he couldn't even figure out what was wrong with it, even taking things off and looking at it.

So after a few mroe years we just broke down and got a new one now.

Overlal, the short time the unit worked it worked fine, but with the problem we had it was just not a great unit for us. We've moved on since then.

the amana ceramic top is a good, solid range

from Maryville, TN

Comments about Amana Freestanding Electric Range:

this was in the house we rented, so i was forced to use it. i prefer gas to electric for cooking so i was resistant. this makes electric cooking a lot more pleasant. it heats quickly and evenly, has a quick cool down feature (that is my biggest complaint with electric cooktops), and a red light that stays lit until the top is cool (my second biggest complaint). cleaning it isn't hard, i use a vinegar and water solution in a spray bottle, or seventh generation all purpose cleaner. you have to be careful that you don't scratch it. the oven heats very evenly and holds temperature well. i wish it was just a bit bigger, but as i said, i live in a rental and am not at liberty to upgrade. the racks are easily adjustable. i would recommend this if you are on a budget that won't allow you to get something commercial, or you can't have a gas setup.

My Amana Range makes cooking a joy.

from Fort Myers, FL

Comments about Amana Freestanding Electric Range:

The Amana AER5844VAS Stainless Steel,Self Clean, Ceramic Top Range we purchased at Good Deals Appliance in Fort Myers, Florida, is a good investment. With the economy the way it is, I am cooking more at home. I like the ceramic top. it has two small burners in the back and one large burner in the front along with a dual burner. The burners glow red when in use and an indicator light stays on until top cools down. It is easy to clean when something boils over or spills. Along with the self cleaning oven, I consider this appliance easy to care for. One thing to remember is the ceramic top gets hot when the self cleaning cycle is on. The oven has Bake, Broil and Warm (for keeping food warm until served) settings. With plenty of room for holiday cooking. The control panel is easy to understand and use.  And of course the clock and timer come in handy if you are like me and tend to forget I have something cooking or baking.