4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Makes all types of headaches go away, not just migraines!

As I left a Greek restaurant, I walked past a 99 cent store and decided I wanted to walk around.  There are many things that I wouldn't buy in a 99 cent store, but brand-name products that I am familiar with are amongst some of the things I would buy if they hadn't expired.

**Advil Migraine Liquid Filled Capsules** was far from its expiration date, and I had never used it before, so I thought it was worth trying, especially for only 99 cents.  Each capsule is 200mg of NSAID (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) ibuprofen.  The Advil website says that this product is the first and only liquid-filled capsules for migraines.

To be honest, besides the liquid-filled capsules, I'm not so sure what is different from this product and traditional Advil.  I have taken traditional Advil, Tylenol and other pain relievers, but have not had the success of headache relief like I have when using this product.  I take it at the absolute *first* sign of a headache so that it doesn't turn into a migraine or other horrible headache, and it usually works quickly and prevents my headache from getting worse.

Immediacy
I like the liquid-filled capsules because I think they help get the medicine in my body faster, to start working faster.  I also think they are easier to swallow that the large 800mg horse pills that I got from my doctor.  I've had great success with Advil Migraine Liquid Filled Capsules, and I will definitely buy more next time I go to the 99 cent store.

Advil Migraine Relief only works 10% of the time

I have suffered from migraines for many years, and I have found that Advil Migraine is not helpful in stopping migraines. You are supposed to take it as soon as you feel a migraine coming on, but this is not always possible. For example, sometimes I wake up with a migraine, so I need something that treats the symptoms of a current, painful migraine- not something that prevents it. Also, I have used the full dosage recommended as soon as I feel a migraine coming on, and it did not work to stop the migraine. I still felt a severe headache. However, I have used the Advil Migraine a few times as I felt a migraine coming on, and I found that the medicine can help stop a migraine from coming on full-force, but leaves me in a state of medium pain of an early migraine for many hours longer than I usually have a full migraine.

If you get mild migraines this might be good for you.  You also might just want to try it and see- most migraine medicines work differently for different people.

Could not stop my bad migraines

Comments about Advil Migraine:

I have been a migraine sufferer for many years now. My migraines are really severe and are extremely painful. I purchased this medication to try and find something that would help stop my migraines. While it was successful in getting rid of minor headaches for me, it was not powerful enough to stop my migraines. I took two of these when I first started getting a migraine. They did not do anything to stop my migraine from coming on. They were simply not powerful enough to stop a migraine. If you are looking for something to relieve a simple headache, these would do the trick. However, I would not recommend them if you get severe migraines. They did nothing to stop mine.

They were not effective for me at all. They did not relieve any pain from my migraines at all.

I took two with a big glass of water. They are easy to take but do not work.

Immediacy
I never got relief after taking these.

• Immediacy:

The only non-prescription migraine med that works for me.

Comments about Advil Migraine:

I have used this medicine for migraines for about three months and I am amazed at how well it works. You really need to drink a full glass of water with it just as the directions say. It doesn't seem to work as quickly otherwise. Typically my migraine is gone within one to two hours after taking the Advil Migraine. This is huge. Normally I would have the pain an entire day and have to suffer through it. I have never had any drowsiness or side-effects from this medicine.

Works within 1 -2 hours.

Easy to swallow gel capsules that are small.

Best OTC Migraine Medication

from Fair Play, SC

Comments about Advil Migraine:

I unfortunately suffer from Migraines and they are getting worse with age. I'm extremely sensitive to medications and it's been difficult for doctors to find any medication (prescription or otherwise) to help prevent or relieve these beyond horrible headaches. Tylenol does nothing and aspirin makes me sick.
I recently discovered Advil Migraine. It is the ONLY medication that makes any difference in my migraines. If I take regular IB Profin quick enough, I can try to prevent one from coming on, but a lingering headache will still occur.
This has been the only medication that relieves the pain before it gets too severe and it works very fast.
The only thing I don't like is that it can't be taken with anything else in 24 hours. So if I take 2 of these, and I still am in pain there's nothing that can be done until the next day.

Works quickly

It can't be taken with anything else in 24 hours.

Works quickly

I love Advil Migraine

from Fairview, TN

Comments about Advil Migraine:

I have been suffering from headaches for years. It all started when I was in high school. Due to an enourmous amount of stress, I began getting terrible headaches. Huge headaches that would keep me awake at night. I didn't know what to do. I thought about going to the doctor, but doctors are very expensive and my family just didn't have the money, so I began talking to friends. I eventually heard about Advil Migraine, through a chain of caring friends. It was a wonderful product. I can't tell you how happy I was when I received relief, finally. I had been taking Advil products for years, but was so happy that this worked for me. I definately recomment this product to anyone suffering from a migraine headache. Not that you shouldn't go to the doctor, but if your looking for pain relief this will certainly do the trick.

Hurts Like Tension, Aches Like a Migraine-Advil works!

from La Habra, CA

Comments about Advil Migraine:

I am a long-time sufferer of tension headaches. I never know what will trigger them precisely or when they'll hit, but most times, I'm not in a situation where I can immediately hide out in a dark room and wait for it to break. If you don't know the common symptoms of a tension headache, they are very much like a migraine: naseau, sensitivy to light, sound, and smell, loss of appetite, and (of course) the pain!

I always tried Motrin or asprin when my headaches hit, and they never relieved any of the symptoms. My first introduction to Advil Migrain was on a trip to the Warfs in San Francisco. I could feel it slowly building up as we walked around the city until it was completely unbearable. We were just about to eat at a wonderful bread bowl and clam chowder place, and I remember being so naseauted that I couldn't stand the thought of taking a single bite. I was miserable!

My friends were kind enough to go to the drug store down a few blocks and they ended up buying me this, thinking I was suffering from a Migraine. I took two and my splitting headache and all it's ugly symptoms were gone within the hour! I now use it every single time I get a tension headache, and it's never failed to disappoint! I love it!!

Works great

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Advil Migraine:

I always use Advil Migraine  Liqui Gels when I can feel a migraine is approaching. It works a lot better than regular headache medicine that i have taken before I tried this medicine. I only need to take two pills for me to feel relief. It takes approx. forty-five minutes for me to feel relief from my migraine. Another beneift to Advil Migraine is that it does not give me a rapid beating heart like other over the counter migraine medicines that I have tried in the past. I also like that the bottle is a twenty count so I never have to worry that the medicine will expire. Advil Migraine Liqui Gels is also very reasonably priced.   The pills are also very easy to swollow and do not give stuck in my throat like some large pills such as vitamins tend to.  Anther the bottle for Advil Migraine Liqui Gels is also very easy to open and close. I have recommended this to several of my friends who suffer from migraines.

Best medicine for migraines

from Oil City, PA

Comments about Advil Migraine:

I have suffered with migraines for many,many,many years and have tried many different products to relieve my pain and nothing worked,that is until I tried ADVIL MIGRAINE LIQUI-GELS.I love how they work fast to relieve my pain and there is none of that nasty medicine taste you get from most pills because they are liqui-gels and they are fast acting,no more waiting or laying around for hours and hours waiting and praying for your migraine to go away.If you are a busy person and don't have time for migraines to slow you down this is the product for you and best of all they don't make you drowsy like some medicine does.I am so glad I tried this product,no more going to the doctor's to get shots for my migraines just a simple pill and a glass of water.So go get your ADVIL MIGRAINE LIQUI-GELS today don't wait until your next migraine to hit go get them now so you have them when your next migraine hits.

The only bottle I grab for a headache.

from College Station, TX

Comments about Advil Migraine:

I was driven to try this product after I had been getting headaches daily for about two weeks. I had tried every other painkiller I owned, from Tylenol to regular Advil to Ibuprofen. None of them were effective, even though I took three instead of my regular dose of two.

However, Advil Migraine worked quickly, effectively and lasted for hours. It did more than just dull my pain — it eliminated it. I was able to go about work and my daily life without any pain whatsoever. I only had to take two pills, and it lasted me through at least half the day.

The pills are smaller and easy to swallow, and they seem to work faster than most other over-the-counter pain medications I've tried. They aren't cheap, but it is worth the splurge if you have headaches that are incapacitating or that occur frequently.

I tend to only use Advil Migraine when I really need it, because it is a little more expensive than what I'd like. So, I use generic when I can, but Advil Migraine when nothing else will do.

Advil Migraine Liqui-Gels are Fast and Effective Relief.

from Galion, OH

Comments about Advil Migraine:

I am a suffer of both chronic pain (back and joint) and chronic migraines, so pain relief for me has to not only be effective but fast.  In prescriptions, I take methadone as well as several other high intensity pain meds so when  I use over the counter meds I need them to not only be of good quality but also not cause problems with the other meds.  So far, so good.   The liquid gel caps are easy to swallow and the medication works well, for both joint pain and the migraines I get, but the problem I ran into that keeps me from giving them a five star rating is essentially that they wear off before it's time to take them again, leaving me with the choice between waiting around in pain until I can take them again, or going against the recommended dosage, which can cause kidney problems. I found they work best if taken at early signs of pain, not once the pain has it's teeth firmly in.  Another piece of advice: watch out for 'rebound" pain - sometimes after using the meds I get a sort of low grade headache the next day.

Advil Migraine Liqui-Gels is just plain old Advil in a new box!

from Canton, OH

Comments about Advil Migraine:

If you truly suffer from migraines you are always on the prowl for something new that will relive your pain.  However, DON'T be fooled by the name on the box.  Advil Migraine is simply Ibuprofen 200 mg which is exactly what regular Advil is!  Save your money and buy plain old Advil if that is what you want. How deceiving!