Other Fever & Pain Medicines:

Excedrin Migraine

Pros

Cons

When Migraine strikes, Excedrin Migraine strikes back

If one can be a "fan" of migraine headache pain relievers, than I am a "fan" of Excedrin Migraine caplets. I purchased a 50 caplet bottle on sale at a local drugstore thinking that it was just another bunch of pills with grandiose claims. It is specifically used for Migraine Pain only because of the drugs used and caffeine content within this product. I say this because Migraine Headaches are serious affairs when they strike and you do need  some specific pain meds to help you when you get an "attack". I suffer from migraine headaches occasionally. I have used this product for many years to alleviate migraine symptoms.  Before discovering the benefits of using this over the counter product, I suffered with these headaches without taking any pain medication whatsoever.    I knew that there were prescription drugs out there that helped my problem, but they came with serious side-effects with continuous use. As with any drug, please read the warnings label on the bottle. So, I tried Excedrin Migraine when a migraine "struck".  If taken at the first onset of a migraine "attack", (migraine sufferers out there will understand my terminology) this product will alleviate your pain within 30 minutes or less. If you know the pain of migraine, this will seem like a blessing to you. Migraine headaches can go on for many hours if no meds are taken. It is quite incapacitating when one feels a severe throbbing headache with no relief in sight. This was my "knight in shining armor.  Since my migraines happen occasionally, I am an occasional  user. I cannot answer for long-term sufferers of migraines and what is the best course of action for them. But, this will help or alleviate the pain of migraine if taken within 15 minutes at the onset of the migraine pain symptoms.  This product has consistently  worked for me and I hope that it will work for you. Remember that nothing takes the place of a Medical Doctor in evaluating the reason for your migraines. But, if migraine pain strikes, strike it back with Excedrin Migraine!

Marketing Gimmick

I have a long history of battling migraines, treated by neurologists who specialize in pain management. I remember when Excedrin for migraine hit the market. I asked my neurologist if I should consider it, since drugs like Imitrex are contradicted for me. That left me with heavy-duty pain killers, which I was trying to avoid. My neurologist said that Excedrin for migraine is nothing but a marketing gimmick that would be a waste of my time and money. I had to agree after reading the ingredients label. Paradoxically, when that neurologist died and I was forced to change doctors, the new neurologist -- a traditional neurologist who doesn't do pain management -- praised Excedrin for migraine to the hilt. Tragically, he seems to think that just because he makes a pronouncement, that means it will come to pass. (Yeah, right!) Long story short: this drug configuration doesn't do a thing for me. I've been referred to a pain management neurologist to get "real" treatment. As my original neurologist noted: Excedrin for migraine is nothing but a marketing gimmick that wasted my time and money.

RELIEF

from Anaheim, CA

Comments about Excedrin Migraine:

Best product there is for migraine headache over the counter. I always start with this before taking my prescription, and the majority of the time it works very effectively on all my particular migraine symptoms!

Packaging states it is the number one most recommended over the counter medication by neurologists, and I have found it most effective on my migraine pain.

Very easy to use -- just swallow two tablets. Two tablets in a 24 hour period are the dosage limit. What could be easier. However, for those times when this does not ease my migraine, I can still take my prescription medication.

Immediacy
As with any product, the relief is not instantaneous. However, compared to other products on the market, it is much faster and allows me to get on with my day. I highly recommend trying this product.

The Best migraine relief period

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Excedrin Migraine:

These are my miracle drugs. They get rid of my horrible migraines. Mine are mostly hormonal and relentless. These knock out all the symptoms and most importantly they keep them away. I do not have the dreaded rebound headaches or the nausea.

These are my miracle pills. When I get those horrific headaches (mine are mostly hormonal) there is no other OTC pain reliever that knocks them out like this. I literally do not have to take another pill. The migraine is gone and most importantly it stays away with no rebound headache.

Two tablets at the onset of the migraine and I am symptom free, and most importantly I don't get the rebound headaches that the other OTC pills give me.

Immediacy
Even with my worst pain, the kind that made even the slightest light and noise feel like its a jackhammer, these always give me relief and usually within a half hour. Its like someone flips a switch and my head is all of a sudden back to normal. My eyes are able to focus again and the vice like grip on my forehead is gone.

Works On My Migraines, Maybe Because Of Caffiene

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Excedrin Migraine:

If I take Excedrin Migraine right at the start of the Migraine, it seems to actually stop the migraine from really taking hold. Excedrin Migraine contains Excedrin, aspirin, and caffeine and for some reason, that combination really seems to work well for me.

Excedrin Migraine may or may not work for you. The migraine headache that I get includes a sharp headache, some sensitivity to light and some nausea. If your symptoms are similar, I recommend you try Excedrin Migraine.

I also think this medicine works for me because of the caffeine. I have done some research on this and caffeine can play a role in migraines. Caffeine can help with migraines and may also hurt.

If you are trying to avoid caffeine, you should probably not take this medication. (Other Migraine medication also includes caffeine, so check the label.)

When this works, my migraine goes away completely. At times, it just doesn't seem to work and I still have a "partial" migraine.

Immediacy
As long as I take this soon enough, this works very quickly---in about 10 minutes.

Love it!

from TN

Comments about Excedrin Migraine:

I wish I could rate Excedrin Migraine medicine higher than a ten! It sounds so silly, but these pills have helped me when I was having some of the worst migraines I have ever experienced. I usually get terrible migraines when it is "that time of the month" for me. I always used Tylenol and Motrin to try and get rid of the awful migraines, but they never usually helped too much. My aunt gave me a couple of Excedrin Migraine pills when I was having a "spell" at her house. My migraine went away in probably twenty minutes. I have never been so excited to get rid of the migraine. When I left there I went straight to my local WalMart and bought a bottle to take home with me. Yes, like most things these do not work for me every single time, but nine times out of ten they do and I cannot explain how grateful I am to have found something that works like this does. I would recommend these to anyone who has bad migraines. They honestly get rid of the migraine and other problems from the migraine. After taking this medicine I can go outside without the light feeling like it is going to kill me and even the nausea goes away. They are truly such a big help! They are a little pricey, but I definitely do not mind it. I would rather pay a little extra money for the great results than to take cheaper medicines that do not help.

Superb results with this medicine!

Best migraine relief available

from Golden, CO

Comments about Excedrin Migraine:

I have been suffering from migraines for over thirty years now and Excedrin is the only pain reliever that works for me. It is the combination of the pain relievers (aspirin, acetaminophen and caffeine) that knocks the headache out. It usually works fast enough that I don't even have to call in sick to work if I wake up in the morning with a migraine. Before I found Excedrin I would miss at least two or three days every few months due to migraines. Now I always have a bottle near by. I keep one in my purse, one in my medicine cabinet, and one at work.

Most effective pain reliever that I have found. I think I have tried them all.

Immediacy
Works usually within a half hour or so. Many times I will wake up with a migraine and the first thing I do is take two Excedrin Migraine tablets. Usually I can lay back down, in the dark for about thirty minutes and then I feel well enough to get in the shower and proceed with my morning routine.

• Immediacy:

The best over the counter migraine reliever

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Excedrin Migraine:

I have been suffering from severe migraines since I had my scoliosis fusion surgery in 2002. They had always been bad, but I would take other over the counter medicines to try to relieve the pain, but most if the time it didn't do much and I would just have to ride out. When I first learned of excedrin migraine from my mom, I was eager to try it. I took a ride to the pharmacy and bought a bottle. Within a few days I was again experiencing a migraine and tried the excedrin migraine. While it didn't fully take away the migraine, it relieved it significantly and eliminated the sensitivity to sound and light. It even made my nausea go away. It really reduced my migraine down to what felt like a minor headache which I could never achieve with other medicines before. I was so happy that it worked and since that day I have tried it, I do not use anything else for my migraines besides excedrin migraine. It's inexpensive, works within thirty minutes to an hour, actually works, and it's the best out there. I love it and I would definitely recommend to anyone who suffers from migraines and cannot find relief.

• Immediacy:

It works but it takes awhile!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Excedrin Migraine:

I like Excedrin products and have been a moderately avid user of the products for a significant period of time. I like this product because it does work wonders for the migraine with cluster headache symptoms I have. I also like that I can take this product and it does not upset my stomach, like other products tend to do. it is worthwhile to try this product.

This product is pretty effective in relieving migraine headaches. It also works very well on regular headaches, tensions headaches and stress headaches.

Very simple instructions when taking this medication. Nothing difficult about taking them medication. I would suggest taking them on a full stomach, as if you don't you run the risk of getting an upset stomach.

Immediacy
This is another product where you feel the effects of it working gradually and not all at once. That is a benefit for me because the pain of a migraine comes on gradually and then it peaks.

doesnt work for me

from Crystal Springs, MS

Comments about Excedrin Migraine:

It did not help my migraine at all. I couldnt even tell I took the medication. I was not happy with it at all. I wouldnt take it again because it was like taking M&MS I did not get any ease out of this medication. It sucked really bad when I had such a bad migraine and not relief.

It did not help ease the pain at all. I could not tell that I even took the medication. I still had a bad migraine.

I did not get any ease out of this medication.

Immediacy
There was not any immediacy with this medication.

Migraine Relief That Works

from MI

Comments about Excedrin Migraine:

I have been a long time headache and migraine sufferer. I have tried many, many things in the past for migraine prevention and treatment.

While I usually use acetaminophen to head off a bad headache when it is just starting, once one hits, I need something more powerful. In comes Excedrin.

Excedrin Migraine is a unique mix of pain relieving agents because it has caffeine in the mix. And anyone who suffers migraines or headaches might know, that caffeine can often be a huge aid in pain relief.

I first tried this years ago when I found it on sale at my local drug store after speaking with the pharmacist. She suggested this due to the caffeine content, and I tried it once and became hooked. It works quickly and is long-lasting, which I really like.

I can't say anything bad about this product because it continues to work for me time and time again, and I can count on it.

Excedrin Migraine is a lifesaver when a really bad headache or migraine hits.

Excedrine Migraine Works

Comments about Excedrin Migraine:

I hav e suffered migraine headaches for the past 35 years.I have taken other over the counter medications,prescription drugs, and herbal products during this time. They were not very effective.Ten years ago a friend suggested Excedrine Migraine to try for relief of my Migraine headaches. This product has been the most effective I have ever taken.I highly recommend this for other people who suffer from these attacks.