Other Mouthwashes:
Mouthwash
ACT
ACT Original Mouthwash

ACT Original Mouthwash

ACT Mouthwash is my NEW Best Friend - Love It!

For a smoker it's hard to find what can help with oral help in the breath and cavity area and for years and I mean years I used Scope. It hid and masked the effects of some of the bad breath due to my smoking habit, but until about a year ago I didn't realize it just wasn't getting the job done. That's when I got a great deal on ACT mouthwash at a substantial discount and truly have not looked back since. I wish I had tried this a long time ago. It has made a great difference in my life from keeping my teeth healthy to keeping my breath fresh for far longer then Scope ever did. When comparing the two products from my point of view I feel that ACT has more going for it than any other brand in that it is very reliable and trust worthy in its marketing, all it says it will do for you it does. I noticed a few years ago that I have sensitive teeth and by the time I started using ACT mouthwash I found a marked improvement in my day to day sensitivity in that it has lessened, and that really has made the most difference to me. I would recommend this product to smokers, people with sensitive teeth and any who wish for confidence in their fresh breath as this is one long lasting trusted product in my household. Thank you ACT Mouthwash!

ACT Original Mouthwash Has A Slight Aftertaste But It Works

I tried ACT Original Mouthwash a few times. It works okay. I don’t think it is strong enough to kill most germs. It is “alcohol-free”, and that is always a good thing. I think the alcohol in it is essential for killing germs, and having fresh breath. I appreciate the fact that dentists recommend it. I always like to try mouthwashes that dentists think will be beneficial. The mint taste is average, and it has a slight aftertaste. This mouthwash does not burn or tingle either. I like to use this after I have had a glass of wine or eaten spicy foods. This mouthwash did strengthen my teeth and prevented cavities. I didn’t have to go to the dentist, and I used it several months. I was surprised to find out that it contains the maximum amount of fluoride in it. So, I didn’t have to go to the doctor for a prescription. It gives you the exact amount of fluoride you need every time. I like to use this mouthwash when I am in a hurry. I only have to gargle for approximately 1 minute. Although, I have to wait 30 minutes after using it before I can eat or drink again. It comes in a cute medium to small container with bright writing on it. The green color is lovely. This mouthwash is pricey, unless it is on sale. You can find good deals on ACT mouthwash if you buy it online. I give “ACT Original Mouthwash” 3 STARS.

Simple

from Plainview, NY

Comments about ACT Original Mouthwash:

I think that this product is amazing because of the fact that it gives you the right dose all the time. I love the fact that you can squeeze it out and won't waste any of it. Plus it doesn't have the overbearing taste that some other brands have. I have only tried the mint flavor but would be willing to try the other flavors and see how they compare.

Not the best tasting stuff

Comments about ACT Original Mouthwash:

A few years ago my dentist recommended that I start using Act mouthwash every day because I absolutely hated getting the fluoride put on my teeth during my routine cleaning (it got to the point where I was gagging and almost throwing up every time they put it on my teeth) so I was willing to try anything else instead. I've used Act for around 8 years now and I do really enjoy the product, but the flavor isn't the best. I don't use any of the flavors except for the mint because it's the only decent tasting one to me. I have noticed I have had a few cavities since I've been using the product (I rarely got any cavities before) even though my whole routine has stayed pretty much exactly the same. I don't think it works as well as the fluoride they use at the dentist office but it's a better choice for me. I do enjoy it leaving my mouth very fresh feeling with a nice minty smell too.

Tastes like gum.

from Springdale, UT

Comments about ACT Original Mouthwash:

My favorite part about this is how it is dispensed.I love the idea of squeezing it out while the cap is still attached.That prevents messes for me.I am always clumsy in the morning and that one little feature prevents a lot of messes.It is great that it is alcohol free.That makes a huge difference with oral hygiene because of how alcohol dries out the lining of the mouth.It also throws off the pH balance.This being alcohol free enhanced the health of my mouth and helped my breath smell great at once.Alcohol-free mouthwashes are most times too gentle,but this one makes your breath smell great all day.It doesn't mask odors.It gets rid of them and makes my tongue taste better.When I use this it feels and tastes like I am chewing gum afterwards.I like that it contains so much sodium fluoride because I know that is what helps strengthen teeth and prevent cavities.

Nice mouthwash,but not better than the competetors.

from Ocala, Florida

Comments about ACT Original Mouthwash:

I give ACT a six, because it is a good mouthwash. You save an extra fifty cents and still have the cleaning power of a mouthwash and can have that nice extra-clean feeling. The reason this mouthwash doesn't get any higher is because it doesn't work as good as the biggest competitor, Listerine. I believe that even though it is the most expensive, that mouthwash does its job and leaves your mouth feeling cleaner longer. I feel as if it works better, it cleans better, I feel the other one isn't worth saving the fifty cents. Now, that is in my opinion. If you do not have excessively bad breath and take god care of your gums and teeth, this mouthwash would be fine. It is also not as powerful and overtaking as some of its competitors and would be a much better product for people with sensitive gums, or even young adults. Overall, it is a nice product, but in this case I would just go with the better product and pay the extra fifty cents.

Perfect for me.

Comments about ACT Original Mouthwash:

I absolutely love this product! It replaced my current mouthwash I used most of my life. I didn't decide to purchase this until I was given a small sample bottle from my orthodontist, but boy did I fall in love. It's minty and refreshing. Works great to wash away germs, helps prevent plaque buildup and gives you a very clean feeling. I actually carry a small bottle in my purse. You never know when you're going to need that freshness, and why not be prepared for any occasion? I would recommend this product to anyone interested in trying something new, or looking to improve their current mouthwash. ACT has so many benefits you won't regret using it! It isn't very costly, and it does the job. Also, ACT is really great if you're suffering from the gum disease gingivitis. I give it a 10 star review! This product is great for teens and kids, especially with all the sweets they eat. I like to use this after consuming any coke products. With all the sugar intake, it helps prevent any cavities and washes away all the sugar residue left on my teeth. Gotta keep those pearly whites in tip top shape. You only get one set, so why not use ACT?

Love the bottle design.

Comments about ACT Original Mouthwash:

When I had braces, I was always very afraid that the braces were going to leave discoloration marks on my teeth. For that reason, I used ACT Original Mouthwash all the time, at the recommendation of my Orthodontist. I especially liked how you squeeze the bottle, and the correct amount of mouthwash will fill in the top portion of the bottle. This is especially convenient for young children who may not know how much mouthwash they should be using.

This mouthwash always left my mouth feeling clean and fresh after I used it. It did not leave a bad aftertaste, which is really important in helping kids want to use this mouthwash. The price was also very affordable, and you can purchase it at almost any store you normally shop at. I think I was even able to purchase mine at the orthodontist's office.

This product worked really well for me. When I got my braces removed, there were no discoloration marks that are so often prevalent after having braces.

The Right Act

from Dallas, TX

Comments about ACT Original Mouthwash:

I've used so many different mouthwashes, and the one thing I can't stand is that burning sensation when it feels like my mouth is on fire. All I want to do is keep spitting out the mouthwash over and over until the taste and burn is gone from my mouth.
ACT is the first mouthwash I have discovered that is actually gentle. The minty fresh taste leaves my mouth with a mild tingle that feels clean rather than burned.
My regimen is to floss, brush, and then rinse with ACT. Most often, I use it at nighttime so that the fluoride can stay on my teeth all night long. And I try not to drink anything after using it.
If I use it in the morning, I try to avoid eating or drinking anything for at least half an hour afterwards. It leaves my breath fresh for quite a while after I use it. It is gentle enough to use both morning and night, but I most often do it just at night because I'm usually in a hurry in the mornings.

ACT Original Mouthwash Has A Slight Aftertaste But It Works

from Stockton, CA

Comments about ACT Original Mouthwash:

I hate cavities, so I use ACT!

Comments about ACT Original Mouthwash:

I have receding gums, so my dentist recommended ACT to prevent cavities. He said that since part of my root is exposed and the roots are soft, which makes them prone to cavities, I am more prone to getting cavities on the roots. I started using ACT seven years ago, and I have not had any cavities on my gumline. I have only had a couple of cavities in any part of my mouth since using ACT. I recently changed dentists, and my new dentist recommended ACT for the very same reason. It is reasonably priced, and I can often find a coupon for it in the Sunday paper. I still use the original ACT because I like that I only have to use it once a day, at bedtime. I sleep better at night knowing the fluoride is protecting my teeth. The mint flavor is pleasant, and since there is no alcohol in it, it doesn't burn my mouth like some other mouthwashes do. It says right on the bottle that it is accepted by the American Dental Association.

Works Great

Comments about ACT Original Mouthwash:

I use ACT original mouthwash everyday and I can attest it makes a huge difference in my oral health. After rinsing, my breath stays fresh longer than with other brands of mouthwash. It effectively neutralizes odors and leaves my mouth feeling fresh. It doesn't dry my mouth out either, like some other brands.