Other Mouthwashes:

Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash

Pros

Cons

Listerine Cool Mint: Strong Flavor and Dental Protection

Fresh breath and a germ- free mouth are possible with several of the products available in your favorite grocery or drug store, but one trusted product I still purcahse for this purpose is Listerine. One of the better Listerine varieties is **Listerine Cool Mint Antiseptic Mouthwash. **This product is a mint- flavored version of Listerine, with all of the same germ- fighting ingredients and a better taste.

**Mouthwash Commentary:**

Listerine Cool Mint Antiseptic Mouthwash is a blue- green colored, liquid mouthwash with germ fighting antiseptic. The ingredients in this product kill germs on contact, helping to protect against plaque buildup and the gum disease gingivitis. The flavor of Listerine Cool Mint Antiseptic Mouthwash is very strong and very minty, with a pronounced taste of alcohol.

I have been using Listerine products for years and it is one of several oral hygiene products that I continue to purchase. There are several alternatives and some are less expensive, but Listerine is a trusted name that I continue to turn to for its proven ability to kill germs and protect against dental problems. With Listerine, I feel confident that germs are killed and breath is freshened. The strong mint flavor is an improvement over regular Listerine and the clean, minty taste leaves your mouth feeling fresh and germ- free.

Listerine Cool Mint Antiseptic Mouthwash is mint- flavored to the extreme and some consumers might complain that the taste is too strong- to the point of burning. I find the taste fresh and good, but I realize that others feel the taste is far too harsh. It is certainly strong, but I find the burn not as bad as other mouthwash products (like Listerine Total Care, for example) and I am able to tolerate it a little better than most people. If you are one of the individuals who cannot handle the harshness, I suggest using a little less and/or holding the liquid in your mouth for a shorter period. You will still reap the benefits and the smaller amount of liquid should help to alleviate the problem with the harsh flavor.

Besides the strong mint taste and its breath- freshening qualities, the other important reason to use Listerine Cool Mint Antiseptic Mouthwash is for its germ- killing properties. This product wipes out germs instantly and helps protect against plaque and gingivitis. The product has been clinically proven to do what it says and it has even earned the American Dental Association’s stamp of approval.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

A healthy mouth is a happy mouth and Listerine Cool Mint Antiseptic Mouthwash is a very good product for killing germs and freshening breath. It is priced a little high, but it offers protection and peace of mind to the consumer. There is no guarantee that you won’t get gingivitis or develop a cavity or two, but Listerine wants to improve the odds in your favor and it certainly accomplishes its goal with this antiseptic product.

Good if you want all the chemicals

Ok before I really researched and found out about ingredients, I use to buy this product and kept it in my household. True this product does help with bad breath, morning breath etc. What I dont like is that its first two main ingredient is water and alcohol. YES ALCOHOL! Even though you are rinsing this mouthwash in your mouth and then out and is not swallowing it, The mouthwash still can get inside your bloodstream and cause damage.Sometimes their may still be a little left over in your mouth. Of course, you will have to consume large quanties of this product in order for it to affect you, but my point is it is bad for you so why spend your money on something that is bad for you.Why put it in your body? So I would say if youre a person who does not maind the harsh chemicals then go right ahead and buy this product. On the other hand, If your a person who does not want to make purchases ans support the products with bad chemicals and does not want it in your body please do not purchase this mouthwash or any mouthwash as a matter of fact.  Im not completly natural yet but taking steps and is on my way!!

Feels better than brushing~

Comments about Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash:

What I like about listerine, of all flavors, is that they really give your mouth a really fresh, clean feeling that lasts for a really long time. It's a bit hard to keep in your mouth at first as it tends to burn, just because it's so strong and I think it might have a pretty high alcohol content, but I like to think of it as the more it burns the better it's working. I think it's best to swish it around for about 30 seconds to a minute after brushing and you will instantly feel refreshed and cleaner. It's definitely a great way to boost your normal brushing routine and you will be rewarded in the health, cleanliness, and overall freshness of your mouth. I'm not 100% either but since it helps kill germs, I think I've noticed a reduction in sniffles and overall cold-like symptoms since I've been using this product religiously. I think if you are consistent you will definitely reap a lot of benefits and though people often forget it, mouthwash is an important part of your oral hygiene.

You can feel it working.

Comments about Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash:

This mouthwash is really, really minty. You can feel your mouth burning a little bit when using it but personally I like that for a mouthwash because you know it's working. Throughout the day your mouth stays feeling clean (unless of course you eat within an hour or two of using). In my experience using this mouthwash, the medicine like taste doesn't stay in your mouth for more that 10 or 15 minutes, but your mouth continues to feel clean and minty.

Minty-Fresh Mouthwash

Comments about Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash:

I (unfortunately) have caps on all my teeth. While they look nice particles of food get under them and threaten the underlying tooth with decay. It's impossible to properly clean under caps with just a toothbrush and my dentist warned me that I had to use a good mouthwash twice a day to try and flush out the unwanted particles. Listerine is an excellent mouthwash choice since it works on bacteria and plaque. And swishing it vigorously around my mouth twice a day for as extended a period as I can manage does help dislodge the particles from under my caps. I like the taste - which is cool and minty. When I first started using it, however, it did sting a little but that went away once my mouth got used to it. And as with all Listerine products it does keep your breath smelling fresh. Just remember not to drink anything for awhile after you use it as it's best to let it sit on the teeth and gums as long as possible.

My Favorite

Comments about Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash:

I have been using the Listerine mouthwash for several years now, and it is by far my favorite of the lot. As a kid, I remember my family using Listerine. It was a goldish brown color, and tasted awful. Today, the Listerine product has evolved for the better. It is still available in that nasty gold version, or you can switch over to several alternative flavors and varieties. My favorite is the 'Cool Mint' one. I use it twice a day, swishing it for 60 seconds, right after brushing. It lasts for several hours, and keeps my breath in check. There are a couple of other Listerine versions that come alcohol free, but I prefer this one since it feels like it's doing a better job at killing the germs (not sure if it's true or not). I will say at first the burning can be a little intense, but after a few uses you get used to it. Overall this is a fantastic product, and not overly priced. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a clean mouth, and long lasting fresh breath.

Refreshing!

from MI

Comments about Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash:

Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash is the real deal if you want clean, minty, super fresh breath. I brush twice daily (at least) and try very hard to floss regularly, but sometimes you just need an extra dose of freshening in your mouth.

With Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash you can do a thirty second swish and spit and be set for the entire day.

Yes, it does sting a bit, but that is honestly one of my favorite things about it. I feel like the sting is the mouthwash killing all of the germs and bacteria in my mouth. And the minty flavor is just so strong and refreshing it will literally stay with you for hours - it is amazing!

I think this mouthwash does a great job of giving a little extra oomph to the daily dental routine. Yes, brushing and flossing is probably adequate, but this super minty mouthwash will leave you feeling extra clean and fresh - much more so than brushing and flossing alone ever could. Or, if you are running super short on time and feel like you don't have a chance to brush properly, you can always just do a quick rinse with this to freshen up your mouth until you can get a good chance to brush again. It's always a perfect solution!

Very strong flavor, but very effective!

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash:

Listerine has an extremely strong flavor. It can take your breath away when you use it. But the results make it well worth it. And Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash has a slightly milder flavor than some of the other flavors available. It is definitely my favorite of them all. After the initial shock you get when you get this in your mouth, just swish it around and gargle with it. Your breath will be minty fresh and your mouth will feel so clean. This mouthwash is also an antiseptic, which means that it kills all of the germs and bacteria in your mouth. It helps prevent the build up of plaque in your mouth and helps prevent cavities, tooth decay and gingivitis in your gums. With the cool feeling you will get in your mouth after using this, you will know that your mouth is clean. It is a little pricey, but works great, so I think it is worth it. Yes, there are better tasting mouthwashes out there, but I don't think they are as effective as Listerine. I highly recommend this product.

Strong but effective

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash:

I am a person who cares very much about oral care. I had braces for nearly 4 years and I have many people in my family who have all had to get false teeth due to poor dental care. That being said, I do not like to use a mouth rinse. I find it inconvenient and annoying. I have a bottle of Listerine on my sink to use, though, because I know that I should. Also because my husband uses it quite frequently, I continue to buy it. I alternate between brands, sometimes buying Scope, sometimes Listerine, sometimes store brands. I have found Listerine to be fairly priced, and available everywhere that I shop. I have tried the original and this Listerine Cool Mint flavor. The flavor of this particular Listerine is good, but it is so strong that it really does burn your mouth! I know this means that it is cleaning my mouth and teeth, but it is so strong! I don't like to experience these 30 seconds of physical pain when I can comfortably brush and floss for an easy 3-5 minutes. So, most mornings I skip the Listerine. When I have a different, less harsh brand of mouth wash on hand, I use it much more often. It does give you fresh breath, but it's very strong.

Listerine Cool Mint is our family's choice for mouthwash!

Comments about Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash:

Our family has been using Listerine for many years now. I personally enjoy the crisp clean feeling after a nice thirty second rinse in the morning and evening after I brush my teeth. We feel that this is by far the most effective mouth rinse available over the counter. We have tried many other brands of oral rinses for my daughter who has special needs due to her braces, headgear, and dental problems. We always come back to our standard and have quit trying new products lately. If it isn't broken then don't fix it! The Cool Mint flavor is by far the most pleasing of the available "flavors" and FAR superior in taste to the original yellow formula which is none too pleasant. I would recommend not using it for younger children as it is definitely an acquired "feeling" with the mild burn and some children may not deal with it well however there is a new Listerine Zero without the alcohol and the "mile burning sensation" which my wife has recently purchased to please the nephews. Great Product and far superior to other mouth rinses in our opinion.

Not as painful to use

from Stanton, CA

Comments about Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash:

Listerine is such a great brand with high quality products. My husband and I (my husband especially) are obsessed with mouthwash. We have tried nearly every brand and version under the sun. We are always looking for the best quality and the least burn for our mouths. This Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash is high up on our list of mouthwashes to buy. First off, it really does leave your mouth feeling super clean and refreshed. The wash has a nice and minty taste to it that is not off putting. Secondly, it doesn't seem to have the same "burn" that a lot of mouthwashes out there tend to have. That, to us, means that it is gentler and less abrasive for our teeth and gums. Lastly, I really believe that it kills germs effectively. I like to go to bed knowing that my mouth is as clean as possible, and this product helps me in doing so. I know that this Listerine product will be in my home for years to come.

Strong stuff

Comments about Listerine Cool Mint Mouthwash:

This is a powerful mouth wash. I cannot leave it in my mouth for too long before feeling a burning sensation. Very powerful indeed. I like to use it before going to the gym to have that just brushed feeling and smell. No one wants to smell bad breath at the gym when the equipment is so close. You will feel confident that you have fresh smelling breath with this mouthwash. No other brand of mouthwash could do what Listerine does in my opinion. It leaves my mouth feeling happy that all the germs were just killed. It really works for me on killing garlic breath. This mouthwash will even erase the taste of the garlic on your tongue. I would use this mouthwash whenever I were sneaking some food that I did not want anyone to know I had like onion and garlic potato chips. The world would be a better place if everyone used this mouth wash every morning and after every meal. Or even just to freshen up your breath.