2.4

• Product Selection:
    • Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:

For the most part, a wonderful experience.

To tell you the truth, I didn't use 1-800-Flowers.com for Mother's Day but I have been using them for more than six years to send birthday flowers to my aunt in January and also a bouquet of white daisies in a basket trimmed with a red, white, and blue ribbon on July 4th.  I have never been there to see the flowers personally but she has always raved about how beautiful they are.  Especially, the roses which came from Guatemala thrilled her and she never seemed to mind having to clip the ends and arrange them in a vase (which usually was shipped along as an extra gift).  She said they lasted more than a week.  1-800-Flowers also sends beautiful plants and I have fallen into the habit of sending her a bright pink azalea instead of cut flowers in January.

Sometimes 1-800-Flowers.com uses a neighborhood florist to prepare and deliver the plant or flowers.  On two occasions, I have sent funeral flowers this way.  One of the arrangements was beautiful but the other one was a disappointment.  As our condo secretary, I had ordered a floral arrangement on behalf of our association to be sent to somebody's wake.  Alas, this event occurred on a Sunday when the local florist was closed.  When I got to the funeral parlor, I made it a point to check out the flowers we had sent and was rather disappointed to find that they looked like they had been refrigerated overnight.

Perhaps this was a local issue involving the florist (or maybe even the funeral home!) instead of something 1-800-Flowers.com could have controlled but since then I have been careful about ordering anything to be delivered over a weekend and I had to take off a star because it was really upsetting to have something not right about a bouquet which I had ordered on behalf of other people in addition to myself.  As far as price is concerned, they have their share of sales and special deals and I think we have to accept that ordering flowers online is going to be more expensive than buying them in a store and hand-delivering them.

800 Flowers: Online Shopping Convenience, for a Price

Shopping for flowers can take time and effort when the task is performed the old- fashioned way. It can take several trips to multiple florists in town to find the right floral arrangement to fit the occasion. But thanks to the internet, shopping for flowers is much easier than it was in the past and one web site I have used several times for this purpose is **800flowers.com**.

**Web Site Commentary:**

800flowers.com is a web site utilized for purchasing flowers more than anything else. The web site presents several different floral arrangements directly on the home page and it also includes any up- coming holidays that might be cause for celebrating with a gift from 800flowers.com. Along with flowers, 800flowers.com also sells plants, gift baskets for specific occasions, gift cards, and other assorted items.

My use of 800flowers.com over the years has been generally positive. First of all, I liked the arrangement of the web site and the ease of shopping. The selection isn't gigantic, but it is very good and most customers should have no problem finding what they want. I also like having the ability to select the delivery date of my choosing, up to several weeks in advance. This is a nice feature because it allows customers to make a purchase ahead of time and avoid putting things off until it's too late and the special occasion has passed.

If there is anything negative to say about 800flowers.com, it has to be the prices in general. Not only are the base prices higher than those at other online floral sites, the shipping charges are expensive, too. And these added shipping fees can often ruin what otherwise seemed like a great deal. For example, it is common to see offers on the home page advertising a nice arrangement of flowers for only $20. But once you select this item and head to the checkout, you can expect the cost to increase substantially. First, the base cost doesn't include extras like a vase- it represents only the base price of the flowers. Add a vase and shipping charges and your once great bargain of $20 has now increased to $45. Select Saturday delivery, and the delivery price increases even more- often beyond the cost of the original flowers.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

** **

800flowers.com is a good place to go when you want to purchase flowers, plants, and other gifts from the comfort of home and leave the rest of the job to someone else. You will pay for this added convenience, however, and the total cost may be much more than the items are really worth. Still, the selection is nice and the flowers I have ordered have always arrived in good condition, making 800flowers.com a decent place to shop.

DO NOT BUY

from Washington, DC

Comments about 1800Flowers.com:

Worst purchase experience. It cannot deliver the flower on time. Customer service is so ridiculous. My suggestion is DO NOT BUY ANYTHING!

unreliable

from MA

Comments about 1800Flowers.com:

an absolutely unreliable service.
I ordered a flower bouquet delivery, Paid extra charge to have it delivered on specific date. I called that day to make sure the flowers will be delivered the costumer service assured that it will. I also received an email that the delivery was made.
checking with the destination residents, there was no flower nothing delivered at the door.
most embarrassing situation as this was ordered for a very important funeral.
the 1-800 Flowers put my whole respect into perpective with their absolute lack of management.
this is the worst service I have ever worked with.

Frustrated Florist- Wish I could give them less than 1 star.

from Tallahassee, Florida

Comments about 1800Flowers.com:

I have been with Bloomnet for quite some time. I was very happy at first and considered going with Bloomnet exclusively. This all changed when I was contacted by someone from Bloomnet notifying me that I was being reviewed for to many request for funds. I am a small business with a small staff. I also service a very large area which includes 2 counties. I require a certain amount per order to maintain the overhead. I cannot take orders that do not meet a certain percentage of cost to profit margin. I was told by the Bloomnet Rep that I was expected to take orders sent via Bloomnet regardless. I then asked her specifically if I was to take orders even if I lost money. I was told that, yes I was to take any and all 1 800 Flowers orders even if it was costing me money. I explained to her that she received a pay check without question as long as she put in her hours daily. I on the other hand do not receive a pay check just for showing up to work. I only get paid if the shop makes money. I was not going to allow her or anyone else with Bloomnet to cost me money or cost me my business. She was very rude and offered no real solutions to me concerns. I feel that Bloomnet and 1 800 Flowers is padding their pockets on the backs the small flower shops and small business owners. I cannot and will not be apart of a company that does not help the people actually doing the work. No one in your call banks nor any of the corporate employees make the flowers arrangements. It is the everyday flower shop that allows you to make money. I feel at this point due to the statement I just received in the mail I have no further choice but to take my fight higher. I have yet to receive a phone call from Bloomnet HQ about the fact that I have not taken a single order in months. I also know that orders have been coming over our Teleflora system from Bloomnet. I too am not completely happy with Teleflora but at least they allow me to request additional funds for delivery.

Customer Lost for Life

from Mount Airy, MD

Comments about 1800Flowers.com:

I had a very similar experience to the woman who posted about her Mother's Day arrangement in May 2016. I ordered an arrangement for my parent's 56th wedding anniversary in June 2016 and despite multiple phone calls an no email confirmation, it never arrived, yet the day after I received an email saying it had. I got nowhere with customer service and after years of using 1800 flowers for our business as well as family and spending thousands - I do not trust that these flowers ever arrived in some cases! I think this is another example of a company so big that they are forgetting about customer service! I will never order again from 1800 flowers and will be allocating all my future dollars to local florists and one of the many competitors that are out there. All they could do for me was to offer a $20 credit on future orders - really?? I was previously 100% happy with this company, but no longer!

Thanks for ruining Mothers Day

from SLC, Utah

Comments about 1800Flowers.com:

Ordered a beautiful and expensive arrangement from all of my siblings to my mom. Wanted delivery on 5/7 (Mother's day) but 5/6 was acceptable. I got an email saying they were delivered on Sat. Talk to mom around 3pm and she never got them! Called Cust service and could hardly understand the woman I talked to..very frustrating! After 20 min of discussion and holding it Turns out they were NEVER delivered. She then tried to offer me redelivery tomorrow and 20% off my next order. Are you kidding???!!! I said delivery tomorrow defeats the purpose of mother's day flowers. They charge a lot for service and delivery...NOT a chance! I asked for a full refund. Showed my mom the picture of the flowers and note and had to apologize to all my siblings. They take your money on the spot but it will take 7-10 days for a refund. You lost a client for life.

Probably never again...

from Wisconsin

Comments about 1800Flowers.com:

The flowers were not that nice. The arrangement looked like it was done with half effort. In the fine print it said if they didn't have it they'd replace with something similar- but it really did not look like the photo at all. On top of that the card was hand written and the writing was terrible. Delivery was literally not sent til the very last second. I should've ordered else where. Didn't complain because I just didn't wanna deal with them anymore.

NEVER Buy from them EVER

from Chicago

Comments about 1800Flowers.com:

I ordered a cute bundle gift with tedy bear for Morthers day, I supposed to get it by the 5/6 or 5/7, today I called in asking I've not received any tracking info, the Agent was very hard to understand and he put me on hold saying your order automatically has changed to delievered on 5/12 who celeberate Mother's day on the 12th? He put me on hold like 6 times tool almost 1hr and 25 min still have the call record (his Supervisor never got on the call, which he said he will) and he told me he found the replacement of the similar item which will be delievered by tomorrow for Mother's day with teddy bear. Just now I received the email saying the item has been shipped, and it is so different than the item I originally order and there is no teddy but a monkey instead and it has yellow flowers instead of purple, and it has "hang in there!" msg instead of "love you mother." You guys are horrible, I'll complain about this business to BBB, paid a lot more,very disappointed call me now. I'd like to speak with CEO for this company. It is just very disappointed and that was my first time experience.

Terrible Customer Service. Hanging up on customer

from Eatonville, WA

Comments about 1800Flowers.com:

I miss the call for a person to clarify my recipients phone #. When I call back and ask for help from an agent, the woman who picks up seems like she can barely comprehend any information given to her, she then tells me that I'm already working with another agent. I said the voicemail said to call back and any agent will assist me. She continued to not help me. When I inquired why she can't open the order to help me.. she hung up on me.

overseas customer service

from New York, NY

Comments about 1800Flowers.com:

I needed to correct something in my order for mothers day and what a frustrating experience...... the overseas CS do not understand what you are asking and connection is terrible!!!!!!!!!! I tried to connect with some one in the US and there is no way that I could do that....... very disappointed with the service...... if you need to correct something in your od, good luck..... hope CS comes back to the US ..... Hope the flowers are Great after all this headache.......!!!!!!!! Hope they correct this problem soon!!!!!!!

I would not use 1800Flowers again

from Amarillo, TX

Comments about 1800Flowers.com:

I ordered flowers for a funeral. They were not delivered. The flowers were ordered almost a week in advance. I called the day of the service because they had not arrived in the morning as I requested. The spokesperson was to follow up with the local florist, but the flowers never arrived by the time of the afternoon service