Other Hard Drives:
External drive, Plug-In Drive (Laptop)
Western Digital
Western Digital WDC 3200BMV Passport external 250 gig USB hard drive

Western Digital WDC 3200BMV Passport external 250 gig USB hard drive

Great to Store All Your Photos

from Concord, NC

Comments about Western Digital WDC 3200BMV Passport external 250 gig USB hard drive:

My husband bought this for me for Christmas and I love it. My hard drive on my computer was getting full with all of my photos so he got this for me so that I could finally take them off of my computer. I love it. All you have to do is attache to your computer through USB and download them to the hard drive and then when you want to use them again attach back to your computer through USB and pull right off of the external hard drive.

Used to love it, now I like it.

from Honolulu, HI

I bought the Western Digital 250 GB Passport to use as my portable hard drive.  The size of it is fantastic:  3"x5"x5/8".  Slipping it into a carrying case allows me to transport huge amounts of data between home and work easily, and saves my personal computer from having to make these commutes.  I love that it is powered through the USB cord, so there is no other power cord necessary.  These two factors have led me to use this drive much more than my Seagate.

I have had this hard drive for about a year, and absolutely loved it when I first got it.  Recently, however, its performance has been slowing down a bit.  Perhaps it is just because it's filling up, but it now takes a good 30 seconds to a minute to show up on the desktop of my computer, where it used to establish an almost instantaneous connection.  It also takes 2-3 tries to eject the drive after I have finished using it.  It currently holds about 200 GB of data.