Other Flat Screen TVs:

Vizio - 50 inch Plasma HDTV Television

Pros

Cons

Best tv for your money

At first I was worried about purchasing this tv because I was not familiar with Vizio. I read thousands of tv reviews. The majority of them were extremely positive. Still I was reluctant. Finally I decided that if we were going to take the plunge and get a 50" tv this was how we were going to do it. I am very happy that this was the tv we chose. You can't beat the price! My husband had it up and running in less then 5 minutes. The picture and sound are great. My husband was so thrilled he smiled at our new tv all night long. Don't let the lack of a big brand name hold you back from buying this tv it is an amazing deal.

"Burn-in" after 6 months, no warranty and bad support

I was pretty happy with the picture quality of the Vizio plasma for the first few months. The surprise came 6 months after the purchase. One day in Feb 2008 I noticed two rectangles on both sides when I was watching cable HD channel in 16:9, HD mode. The display was divided by 3 rectangles and both sides were brighter than the center one. (see attached picture. I used Windows desktop because taking moving picture was dificult) I was sure 4:3 mode did something. I always switch to 4:3 mode when I watch regular TV because I hate stretched picture. I contacted Vizio tech support right away by email telling what happened, asked why it happened, what could be done to fix it. After a few exchanges and my attempts to clean it up, she told me it's a "burn-in" and can't be fixed. And the warranty wouldn't cover it. I asked her questions such as what I did wrong to cause it, what I shouldn't have done, why it's not a defect, why there was no "don't do's" or "warning" anywhere on the box or manual to prevent it from happening. But after her "No warranty. Have a nice day" mail, all my emails with questions were completely ignored. I always asked her with respect but none of my emails were replied. I showed the display to my neighbors and friends, everybody was shocked to see how quickly expensive display became bad. It was kind of embarrassing to admit being a sucker but I thought they should know the truth about cheap plasma. I think they will never buy Vizio. After 6 months of regular use it no longer displays right and the company not only refused to warranty it but also ignored very basic questions of customer. I think it tells class of the company.

amazing picture

Comments about Vizio - 50 inch Plasma HDTV Television:

I purchased a 50" vizio tv and i absolutley love it!! It has a beautiful picture. Very vibrant colors. Easy to clean. Very durable...i know this because we have a couple times. This is very light weight, whivh makes it very easy to mount. Also, vizio has excellent customer service...i misplaced a couple screws to the stand and they were very nice in getting them right out to me. I love this television so much i bought another one for my bedroom!!! This is the only brand i will buy from now on.

Best TV Ever

Comments about Vizio - 50 inch Plasma HDTV Television:

I highly recommend this television set. Its 50 inch screen is very clear and easy to see. It is easy to clean. Great to watch movies, shows or sports.

Picture Quality
Has the best picture quality of any television that I have ever saw

Sound Quality
Has very clear sound,volume control is excellent

Seems to be durable set lasting atleast 4 years before being replaced

Has very simple yet elegant design

A great TV to have

Comments about Vizio - 50 inch Plasma HDTV Television:

We have never had any issues with this TV. It gives a clear picture and good sound.

Picture Quality
When hockey is on, there is no delay whatsoever, unlike other tvs we have owned.

Sound Quality
Even without the surround sound on, it gets very loud without distorting the sound.

The kids get smudges on the screen all the time and I constantly wipe them off with probably not the best things to wipe screens off with, and still have no scratches,

The only issue is the placement of the jacks to plug in video games and such. With the flat screen almost touching the wall, I can't access the jacks to plug things in.

The channels change quickly and overall we are very satisfied with this purchase.

• Sound Quality:

Just what we were looking for

Comments about Vizio - 50 inch Plasma HDTV Television:

We were looking for a new, bigger TV and this one became available at our local super center for a great price. We have had it for about a year now and have had no problems with it. The quality is great. Color is good. The size is a little overwhelming at first but after time you adjust. Especially now after the sizes that have come out since. It does seem to have an automatic "off" switch when it's been on for too long. Almost like it gets too hot so shuts off. Easily turned back on by remote. The only problem I have with this TV is the input button. When we are trying to switch the input sometimes the volume changes instead of the input. But this was also easily fixed by using our cable remote to change input. Overall very satisfied.

Great TV at a Great Price

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Vizio - 50 inch Plasma HDTV Television:

We purchased our Vizio Plasma TV several years ago now and it is still performing great. The television has a really high quality picture. We were hesitant to buy a Vizio as we do not know a whole lot about the company but we are sure glad we went ahead and made the purchase. These televisions are durable as well. We have moved two times since we got our TV and it made it through both moves perfectly. The sound it really great on this television as well. It has lots of outlets to hook up our game systems as well as cable box and such. We are definitely happy with our Vizio Television and will probably purchase another in the future.

• Sound Quality:

I really appreciate a good deal and i have found one!!

from Glennville, GA

Comments about Vizio - 50 inch Plasma HDTV Television:

I bought my wife this TV for Christmas a while ago. We wanted something with different mounting options than or old 32" Sony. With this TV mounted Higher angled down  10 degrees my wife can lay in bed at night and watch TV without her glasses and with no more neck pain.

average quality...price is great...

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Vizio - 50 inch Plasma HDTV Television:

This TV is excellent for it's price...couldn't find one near it elsewhere! But quality wise, it's average..it makes a faint buzzing noise, which even the company doens't know how to fix...produces a lot of heat (you can actually feel it when you get close to it).

Best tv for your money

from New Port Richey, FL

Nice price-good picture!

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Vizio - 50 inch Plasma HDTV Television:

We recently purchased the Vizio 42 inch flat panel television. We are happy with our purchase! Considering the various price points on these televisions, we feel like we got a pretty good deal. The picture is good. It occasionally distorts very slightly, but corrects itself quickly. The sound is also pretty good. At times, it sounds a little muffled. But overall, there are really no major problems with it. It also mounted on the wall very easily. And the television set up itself was also quite simple. Once plugged in and turned on, the set up tutorial was easy to navigate, and we were ready to watch TV within minutes!

I absolutely love my Vizio, great t.v. for the money

from Warbranch, KY

Comments about Vizio - 50 inch Plasma HDTV Television:

I got the Vizio a couple years ago and I love it. It has a great picture and wonderful sound quality. My husband  and I debated on getting a Vizio because I really didn't know a whole lot about this peticular brand, so we did a little research and found out that it had some real good reviews, some of my husbands friends from work told us some good things about this brand as well, we got a good deal on the t.v. and we're very pleased with it. If I were to buy a new t.v. next week I would strongly consider buying another Vizio.