2.6
Other Misc. Business Services:
USPS (United States Parcel Service) Shipping Services

USPS (United States Parcel Service) Shipping Services

2.6

The easy fool proof way to ship from home

Whether your own your own business, or are just shipping packages for the holidays, this service will make your life a lot easier.  Gone are the days of having to manually prepare shipping labels and then driving to the post office to stand in line for half an hour in order to get your packages mailed.

All you need to do is go to the USPS website and click on the link to print a shipping label.  Once you are there, you can save that link in your favorites.  Then, you must set up an account -- thereafter, whenever you visit, all you have to do is to log in to your account.  Once you have logged in, you enter the address to which you are sending the letter or package.  Your return address automatically is shown and you can change it if you want to.  Any address you send to can be saved to your Address Book which is stored on the site forever.  So, if you send to a particular address more than once, you never have to re-enter the information.  It is already there for you.  Next, you enter the weight of the envelope or package.  You can buy a postal scale very inexpensively for this purpose.  You enter the ship date and the zip code from which you are shipping.  You then have the option to purchase insurance if you would like to.  Next, you select the type of servide you require -- options are either express mail or priority mail and you have the option of selecting flat rate envelope or flat rate box.  Next you are given a screen with all the information so that you can verify the info prior to purchasing the label.  Finally, you pay with your credit card, which again is automatically stored safely on site.  Then you print the label and receive a confirmation receipt.  Put the label on the envelope or package and call the post office for pick up or alternatively, just hand the shipments to your mailman.

You purchase the labels from a place called Label Universe.  They are very inexpensive and the link to Label Universe is on the USPS site, so it is easy to get to.  You can also purchase your postal scale online.

I ship over 100 flat rate priority boxes each year, and this service has saved me so much time and energy.  It is convenient.  You get FREE delivery confirmation for your shipment.  This is only free when you use Click N Ship online.  You have to pay extra for it at the post offce.  The labels are easy to use.  And, this service provides an easy way to track your postage costs.  For each label you buy, you will receive an email confirmation.  I just save those in a folder in my email account and I know exactly what my shipping costs were and I have receipts all in one place.  Also, if you print a label and realize you have made a mistake or for some reason cannot use the label, you can request that the label be cancelled and you will receive a credit for the unused label.

I love this service.  After using it for two years, I can honestly say that no shipments were ever lost.  The only complaint I have is that once in a great while, the site is down termporarily and you may have to wait half an hour or so to do your label.

A FARCE. CAN'T USE FOR 1ST CLASS OR MEDIA MAIL

I periodically check to see if USPS has provided Click N Ship with the same service options I get when I walk up to the counter. The answer is still "NO". If you want to use your money wisely, then do not use this program if you ever ship a First Class Parcel (less than 13 ounces) or Media Mail. Those less-expensive options are missing from Click N Ship, and that omission is simply money grubbing dishonesty.

Other online postage solutions offer all services, provide all the benefits of using Click N Ship, and discount Delivery Confirmation for First Class Parcels and Media Mail to $0.19.

WORST POSTAL SERVICE.

Comments about USPS (United States Parcel Service) Shipping Services:

This is the WORST postal service ever!!!!! I had gotten a package lost and needed to track it online. When I tracked it, it said that they forwarded my package to a different address in the same city and state because the zip code was wrong. I tried calling usps a million times, different phone numbers, even technical support to try and talk to a real person and figure out where my package was. When I finally got to talk to someone, I had to call the technical support line and even when i called then, I waited on the phone for 30 minutes!!! 30 minutes!!! That's ridiculous!! When I finally talked to a rep, they said they couldn't help me because the zip code I gave was for another postal service in my state. (mind you, I called the main customer service location so I was not wrong)
I am so pissed and I STILL have NOT received my package yet. WORST POSTAL SERVICE!!!!

HORRIBLE! Does not pay Shipping INSURANCE claims

Comments about USPS (United States Parcel Service) Shipping Services:

DO NOT PURCHASE USPS INSURANCE. I purchased $179 of insurance on a $700 Lladro figurine that I was shipping to a buyer. I sold the item cheap so I only asked for the cost that I was paid for the item in insurance. USPS destroyed the item as it arrived in several pieces. Instead of receiving a check from USPS for the total insured amount ($179) the USPS decided that they only wanted to pay me $50 for the item they broke. First they over charge for insurance and then they don't even pay you what you insure your packages for. I will never ship with insurance through USPS again! BEWARE

Couldn't process my order

Comments about USPS (United States Parcel Service) Shipping Services:

I wanted to mail a package, so I decided to try USPS.com Click-N-Ship to buy the postage online. I set up an account, entered the package weight, destination address, chose the shipping service, and everything seemed OK up that point. Then it asked for my billing information to pay for the postage. I entered my credit card information and clicked submit, but it then said it was "unable to process my credit card information." I double checked the numbers I entered and my billing address, but it still wouldn't work. So, I tried another card and it still couldn't process my credit card information. I tried my debit card and it was the same thing. I triple checked that I had done everything right.

Also, I couldn't get any help from USPS because it was after hours. The chat feature confirmed that there was no help to be had. And their massive searchable help database had a lot of information, none of which applied to my situation.

I was interested in buying the postage online because you get a little discount doing it that way than with taking it to the post office. However, in the end, that is exactly where I ended up having to go to mail my package. No discount.

Unhappy with my experience, I decided to delete my account, but found I had to email a request through USPS.com and then answer security questions before they would delete it for me.

I still do like going on USPS.com to check shipping rates and estimate delivery. I find I use the "Calculate a Price" feature on their website quite a lot. But then I take my packages to the post office and use the automated machine to bypass the line.

So, no luck for me with USPS Click-N-Ship, but I do rely on some of the other features of their website.

Worst postal service ever, not reliable at all!!!

Comments about USPS (United States Parcel Service) Shipping Services:

That is the postal service which I am never going to use for my shipping needs. And I'm writing this review based not just on 1 case, they lost tens of my packages, first international ones, then domestic ones too. It is absolutely unreliable, they lose packages all the time. And it is getting worse. Even if you insure your package, you're not guaranteed that in case of loss or damage you will receive your money back. Their own employees steal contents and you can't do anything about it. Last time I paid for all the services to make sure the package reaches the customer, nevertheless the result - customer receives empty package, I receive no refund and very bad customer service from totally incompetent employees. Tried to appeal my insurance claim several times - no result. Each employee gives you completely different information and everything takes so long (I'm not talking about weeks, I'm talking about months, half a year or longer) that it is easier to forget about your insurance and your money. The least I can and want to do is warn other people not to use this postal service, at least not to ship expensive items with them.
USPS just doesn't deserve to be among postal services in US!!!

click and ship is awful.

from Bobtown, PA

Comments about USPS (United States Parcel Service) Shipping Services:

I have been trying for over a month to set up "click and ship, bill me later business" for my company.  I have had nothing but problems, and they still say I am not registerd!  I have called, and get no results.  They need to make the "bill me later business" side of this an easier process.  BTW, If I am not a "registered" user, how can I have this bill?

Gave up trying in PA!  I will take it to the post office.

Patti Ludrosky

724 966 2726

I can send packages any time I want - day or night

from Missoula, MT

Comments about USPS (United States Parcel Service) Shipping Services:

With 5 children and 5 step-children, not to mention friends and family, I have a lot of presents to mail! Just this week, I had two baby gifts, a gift to a friend, and another package to mail. Instead of waiting in a half hour+ line at the post office, I went to the USPS mailing kiosk on Sunday and mailed two of my packages at my own convenience! Then, when the other two were ready, I mailed them at the kiosk during business hours while other folks were lined up through the post office waiting area!

When these mailing centers first showed up in our main post office, the user interface was somewhat ornery. If you got your payment card in the slot backwards, you had to start over. But, the folks who maintain these machines are on the ball. I have noticed a continual improvement in the system - which means that they care about it and are paying attention!

Now, if they would only put one in all the small post offices too!

So Sad, USPS still leaving parcels at wrong address

from Louisville, KY

Comments about USPS (United States Parcel Service) Shipping Services:

Despite delivery confirmation, the USPS apparently left my package at somebody's elses home. I checked the confirmation on-line, which was supposed to be 'out for delivery'. My mail person had already come and gone so I knew I hadn't received the package on that day. The next day, delivery confirmation on-line said, 'package delivered'. My regular mail person said she was not working the date given as 'delivered'. She gave me a name to call at our local branch. I drove over the next day. He wasn't in so I left and called in a claim to the USPS. Actually got a claim number. I received a call-back two days later from the claims person. He stated that the mail carrier that left the package and scanned the confirmation was on vacation and he would call me back after he spoke with her. Two weeks later and still no call-back. My regular carrier asked me about the situation and she told me, the person that was going to call me back was now on vacation. Yes, most mail is delivered properly and promptly but delivery confirmation is a farce when the carrier leaves it at the wrong address. Insuring packages is an option but who can pay $3.50 to insure a box worth $6.00? And when insuring packages, the sender must initiate a claim. My package is GONE, LOST, STOLEN! Somebody else is enjoying it, courtesy of USPS.

post man is not responsible

from Boston, MA

Comments about USPS (United States Parcel Service) Shipping Services:

They do not knock on our door or respond the door bell. They pressed the door bell, I answered, then they left without saying a word. I have seen the "Missing note" many times while I was at home the whole day, I don't understand what they are doing,

YAY! P.O. & ELLEN join forces on 44-cent 'STAMPS TO THE RESCUE'

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about USPS (United States Parcel Service) Shipping Services:

My letter-writing desk is a better place for having **USPS Stamps to the Rescue **at hand.  Promoted by our **United States Postal Service** with the entrepreneurial, pet-loving personality of **Ellen DeGeneres**, this **44-cent Stamp **recognizes the plight of the millions of cats and dogs looking for "forever" homes.

Ten adorable (naturally) dogs and cats are feature on the single panel of stamps that costs $4.40.  You can also purchase a sheet of twenty stamps for $8.80.  I find it really helpful to order stamps online and pay the dollar needed for delivery cost.

The ten "stamped" animals were photographed in New Milford, Connecticut by the noteable Sally Anderson-Bruce.  All have reportably been adopted.  You can look up their individual profiles on the campaign site.  Each has an appealing story.  If you're a pet owner, you'll identify with one or more of these kids.

I'd love to show you a picture of the stamps, but between the **USPS **and **Ellen**'s sites, its all one can do to print out very basic info on this campaign.  (This kind of protection seems overzealous to me, considering the good intentions of the producers.)

Anyway... here's the gist of it all:  Sign up for **Ellen**'s free newsletter at *www.halopets.com* and **Halo** will donate one meal to a pet shelter.  The ultimate goal is a million meals.  It's not a free lunch by any means since **Ellen** is co-owner of the **Halo** line of pet products.  If you redeem the $1 coupon you can get at *halopets.com*, you'll be adding two more meals to the feeding of the rescued.  You might also want to visit the site's **Halo Pet Foundation Gift Catalog**.  One dollar from each item you purchase goes to the **Halo Foundation**.

I'm putting in my order tonight!  This is an entirely worthy campaign.  (And I need more stamps!)

Limited options but very convenient if options suit your needs

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about USPS (United States Parcel Service) Shipping Services:

I love this service for sending items Priority mail.  It takes minutes to set up the account the first time, and then takes me less than a minute each time to print prepaid postage for my packages from home.

I just wish they would offer this service for First Class and Media Mail packages.