Other E-commerce Websites:

Target.com

Pros

Cons

Target.Com

This is a pretty good online site. If you like Target, you'll probably l;ike Target.com. They have some nice perks like pharmacy rewards and redcard discounts. They usually have free shipping on many items when you spend over $50.00 as well.

It's really easy to use. Register,. provide the information they need like credit card, shipping adrees and once you've signed up, you're ready to go.

Product Selection
Target.com has a very good selection of productrs.

Product Pricing
The pricing is competitive with other online sites but not the lowest or the highest. They do haver some great daily deals and sales. Also there are special deals with redcard which is worth getting. Credit or debit. You get extra savings using these cards.

Customer Service
I have had good experiences with customer service. They are always friendly knowledgable and helpful.

Shipping and Returns
They have a pretty good shipping policy. Many things are free shipping if the item is over $50.00 and the returns policy is pretty good too. Sometimes they offer an extra thirty days on the return.

Target.com - the same delivery problems, twice!

I'm all for shopping on-line. I love the convenience of shopping at my leisure with no kids in tow, being able to take my time to compare websites and prices, all without leaving the comfort of my armchair. With that being said, two out of the last 3 on line shopping experiences with Target.com have not worked out well. I ordered a product on line which was supposed to be delivered on a certain day. I stayed in not wanting to miss the delivery - it was an important Christmas present for my son. The delivery never came but I noted that the appropriate amount had already been taken from my credit card account. I rang the customer service department to find out what the delay was and they said the item had been returned, undeliverable because the postal delivery officer could not find my address. I was confused because I've lived in my house for 7 years and the postal delivery officer has always found me before now. They were not prepared to resend the item but they did offer to reimburse our credit card - which they did, MINUS the shipping fee!

Convenient

from Florida

Comments about Target.com:

I like to use target.com because I can see things that aren't sold in stores. Such as select sizes or just select products. They have an even larger selection of items as well. I do have the target red card so I have the ability to have additional savings including free shipping. It makes for a convenient transaction.

Hits the mark in every department.

from Florida

Comments about Target.com:

I love target. I love it so much I have their app, I have had it on three phones now. I am a delete happy person. I love Amazon too, but I do not have their app. Target is fresh and vibrant, modern and beautiful. I love a trip to target, whether it is in person or a virtual walkthrough on the website. For cleaning items and shampoo to linens and clothing target has it all. Target.com has everything you can find in the store with way less walking and even more amazing things to purchase.

Online shopping has gotten so easy! I love shopping from my sofa, it beats traffic and parking lots and not enough registers open. You search what you are looking for, add it to your cart and pay for it. Just like the store but in your pajamas. Then a little bit later you get your item and it's like Christmas in your mailbox.

Product Selection
Many times you can find an even broader selection at the webpages of your favorite stores than you can find in the brick and mortar stores themselves. Target is no different,

Product Pricing
I will say that out of all the mass merchandisers I believe Target is the most expensive. They also happen to be the very best, so they are definitely worth the price.

Customer Service
They have some of the nicest customer service people that you will ever find. I don't know if they get paid more than other stores cs associates, but they are awesome.

Shipping and Returns
They have a variety of shipping methods, ship to store, ship to home and not too expensive that it isn't worth the convenience of online.

Smooth Online Shopping Experience

from Virginia

Comments about Target.com:

I found an item on Target.com that wasn't available in the Target location near my home. Target.com was offering free shipping and delivery could be expected before Christmas. Navigating the Target.com website was very simple, I selected the item I wanted and added it to my cart. When I went to check out I entered my information which I found pretty repetitive. Well when I got to the shipping cost there was no free shipping option, and the estimated delivery dates where outrageous. It was December 12, and regular shipping had an estimated delivery date between Dec. 26 - Dec. 29. I was worried about not getting the item in time so I paid for express shipping which was an extra $15 bucks and the delivery date was Dec. 17 - Dec. 23 which I felt was crazy. I placed my order, received a confirmation email and a day or so later was notified that Target.com had shipped the item. The package arrived 3 days later in perfect condition. Thinking back I should've just used standard shipping but didn't want to chance it. I've learned that companies give you an expected delivery date in the case that there is a delay. Most of the time I get the item days sooner. My transaction went very smooth with Target.com, they offer a wide selection of items, and offer many sales. Some items can be shipped free to a store nearby and that can save time and money.

• Shipping and Returns:

I wish it was as great as in-store.

from Troy NY

Comments about Target.com:

Often I will see advertisments for something on Target.com, only to go to the site and find out that the item is out of stock. Another issue is that a lot of times Target.com will tell me certain items are available in my local store, and I will drive out there to find out that the item is not, in fact, available.

I love shopping in the physical Target store, and it is one of my favorite places to go, because I can get everything: food, diapers, clothes, games, electronics, photos, pharmacy pick up, furniture, gifts etc. But Target.com has been a bit of a hassle, nothing seems to be available when or where I would like it to be.

And there's also "easy use" coupons which you should be able to apply online, which I can never seem to get to work.

I love Target's products - especially the Up & Up store brand, but using the website is just a hassle, I'd rather drive to the store.

Sometimes confusing, and there's often out of stock products and non-functioning coupons.

Product Selection
Product selection would be great if anything was ever in stock!

Getting Better!

from MI

Comments about Target.com:

Target.com to me seems like a work in progress. Over the years I do see that it has gotten better, but it still needs some work.

The main page of the website is overall pretty busy, lots of things happening, but usually pretty easy to find what you are looking for through the use of tabs and drop down menus. Everything is categorized - men, women, children, home, furniture, bed/bath, etc. Then, each category is further narrowed down for ease of shopping.

I am a huge Target fan and shop here frequently. I have a Target Red Card, and because I am a cardholder I get free shipping on pretty much any purchase, which I do really like. If you don't have the Red Card, shipping can be pretty pricey from what I can tell. The shipping does seem to take quite awhile, depending on what you order. When my children were babies, I would order diapers and they would be here in 1-2 days, but now if I order them clothes or shoes, that usually takes anywhere from 7-10 days.

I think the search feature could use some fine-tuning, as all products that I know they carry don't always seem to appear when you search. And as far as the customer service, I think their online customer service department needs some major help. I have had several issues with orders over the years, it seems like the staff dealing with online orders just was not trained properly, but I always have excellent customer service in the store.

Overall, I do like the convenience of shopping online, and I do love Target, but I think the website continues to need some improvements.

Target.com is great!

Comments about Target.com:

I love this website! They have a huge selection of almost everything you can think of. I buy a lot of my son's Christmas and birthday gifts on this website as their prices are great! They have a very friendly and helpful customer service department staff. If you have their Target Red Card, you will get free shipping on all of your orders when you use the card to pay for your purchases. Everything that I have ordered I have gotten pretty quickly, and no damage to anything. They also have a great return/exchange policy that is hassle free. I am very happy with my experiences with this website and company, and I would highly recommend this site to everyone.

The website is very easy to use.

Product Selection
They have a huge selection of many different things like kid's toys, clothes, shoes, furniture and much more.

They have great prices.

Customer Service
They are very friendly and helpful.

Shipping and Returns
Petty fast shipping, and they have a great return policy that is hassle free.

• Shipping and Returns:

Never had an issue an usually don't pay for shipping

from Davis, CA

Comments about Target.com:

I don't purchase much from Target online, since I live near a store. But, sometimes the site has items that are not in the store. Sometimes, the clearance items are better as well. When the item is online and not in the store, Target allows me to have the item shipped to the store for pickup without paying shipping costs. I also avoid shipping costs by shopping during the holidays. Many of those days, shipping is free. Of course, anything that costs over a certain amount, shipping is free as well.

It is very easy to use. Most items are simple to find. Paying is easy too if using a credit card.

Product Selection
Most often, I find what I want easily. But, sometimes, especially with movies, Target won't have the version I'm looking for.

Product Pricing
Most everything is very well priced. Clearance is great too! Rock bottom prices.

Customer Service
I've only had one issue and that was probably a misunderstanding on my end. I thought an item was free shipping when it wasn't. I called and complained. They had it shipped to the store instead for free shipping. It wasn't much of an issue at all.

Shipping and Returns
When I have to pay for shipping, it's the same as anywhere else--expensive. Most often, I can avoid paying it. Returns have always been simple because I usually return the item to the store. When the store doesn't carry the item -- so it can't be returned to the store -- Target provides a return packaging for free returns. I've never had an issue.

• Shipping and Returns:

It's just as awesome as the store.

from Millville, NJ

Comments about Target.com:

I am a huge fan of Target, so I wasn't very hesitant about using the site. My thoughts about the site were correct and the website was pretty cool. The cool thing about Target's website was that I was able to order something online and pick it up in store.

The site was really easy to use and it was very easy to navigate. Things could be broken down by color, price and size was awesome.

Product Selection
All the major products I could find in stores, I was able to find online. They had even more merchandise and you could find cool, trendy items for a fraction of the cost at other places.

Product Pricing
The pricing was fair and very similar to the prices that were in store. It took a few minutes to figure out how to get a hold of them, but once I was able to connect it was very easy.

Customer Service
The customer service was very good and they answered my concerns very clearly.

Shipping and Returns
The shipping was expensive for being from a mass retailer. I was able to return my order in store which was nice.

Target.Com

from Saint Petersburg Fl

Product Selection
Target.com has a very good selection of productrs.

Great shopping website

Comments about Target.com:

For those of you that love to shop online I implore you to check out the Target website if you’re already a long time customer to the store as the website has everything on there that you would normally purchase at Target. You always get to see all the season clearance sales in one category and can purchase some items that are exclusive to the online website. So if you feel lost shopping in that large store or feel like you can’t find anything the website has categories and sub categories so that you only look through items that you want to buy, which is pretty handy if you only want to look through the shoes sold in the high heel range or only look at knitwear in women’s clothing. The layout of the online store website is very user-friendly and easy to use even to those that haven’t been on the store website before, clearly laid out so that you can find what you are looking for, find a store and additional links are visible and using the store website will only take a few moments to make a quick and easy transaction.