Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

TRU 3-Crock Buffet Slowcooker

Great for small gatherings

from Westchester, IL

Comments about TRU 3-Crock Buffet Slowcooker:

I purchased the TRU 3-Crock Buffet Slowcooker specifically for a small gathering and it ended up working out great. I used the individual crocks to prepare beef, chicken, and cheese. When I initially set up the slow cooker it produced a burned plastic smell that's very similar to a new television. The smell did go away after a couple hours of use. I put the beef and chicken crocks on high, while I put the cheese on low. I proceeded to place lids over all three and let them cook for 25 minutes. After the allotted time was reached I lowered the meat crocks temperatures to low for 10 more minutes and lowered the cheese to the warm setting. After a total of 35 minutes my beef and chicken were evenly cooked. I left all three crocks on warm for the remainder of the gathering. There were no dead heat spots in any of the crocks. The crock that I cooked the cheese in did a good job, but there was slight burning around the edges because I cooked it too long. This didn't have any effect on the overall taste of the cheese and no one at the gathering seemed to mine. I would definitely recommend TRU 3-Crock Buffet Slowcooker for small gatherings.

• Time to Heat:
  • Cooking Performance:

Great for Parties and other gatherings!

Comments about TRU 3-Crock Buffet Slowcooker:

I use this regularly as I am always hosting parties and gatherings at my home or office. I have found that having at least 2 or 3 of these on hand allows for having the most varieties of different foods on hand. I like that everything is kept separate, therefore there is not cross contamination if there are cooked and/or raw foods on hand.

Time to Heat
It takes virtually no time to heat this unit and it is pretty simple to heat to a certain temperature.

Cooking Performance
It cooks very evenly all the time, and does so in a timely manner.

Very easy to clean this unit. At first I thought it was going to be somewhat difficult to clean because of the three separate units, however it is easier to clean than I initially thought.

Extremely easy to use this unit.

It is a great, yet simple design. It fits with almost any décor, as well as any party theme.

Since I give a variety of different parties and gatherings all year round, this unit has held up pretty good for me and my parties. I have never had an issue using this unit.

• Time to Heat: