Other Facial Masks:
SI10587

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

My skin feels so nice afterwards.

I like to treat myself to a mud mask about once a week and the St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming mask is one of the best I have found.  First, I like a mask that contains clay so it soaks up some of the oil in my skin and helps my complexion.  I also prefer mint in my masks because it makes my skin tingle pleasantly and smells nice while it is on my skin.  (The only other mask I have found that is clay and minty is by Queen Helene and this brand is only found at beauty supply stores so I am not able to buy that brand very often!)  Once I rinse it off, my skin feels so soft and even looks visably better when I look in the mirror.  The only drawback to a green mud mask is that first of all, it can be a little scary to another family member walking in on me!  The first time my husband saw me giving myself a facial he was a little startled by my appearance.  I also, try to do it now after my kids are safely asleep!  Of course, once one is used to it, it is not so bad!  The other draw back is that it can be messy to remove.  I used to lean over the sink and carefully splash water on my face to remove it but always ended up with green spots on the mirror, counter and in the sink.  I have since leared to get a really wet paper towel and carefully remove it that way!  Once most of it is off, I can finish splashing the rest off with water and not leave all the green spots.

Not To Bad Of A Product

Before I had finally made the decision on this product I had done tons of research about these type of masks (clay). The main reason I picked this particular mask is St. Ives is a name brand most of my family members trust and the description of this product made it sound like it would do wonders to your face. But overall I was not completely satisfied. It did about half of what the description said. Mind you I used this product for two months before giving up on it. The first time I had used it my face did not feel any different. It did not feel firmer, cleaner, and my face did not look any better as it promised. After about 3 weeks of using the mineral clay on my face I had finally felt a small difference and what I mean is my face felt a small amount firmer. But that was the end of the product working for me. From the third week of using it to the eighth week of using it their was no difference in my appearance of my skin also the firmness stayed the sames. I was hoping this product would have worked better. The only reason why I give this product a semi fair rating is because not all people have my type of skin. I have very oily olive skin. My skin is not sensitive at all. I would not recommend it for a person that wants a immediate difference because you will not get it. At least that is what I had experienced.

It took around three weeks just to make a slight difference to my skin. It does not take a immediate effect to you skin and you will not see results the first or second time you use it.

Ease of Application
It is very easy and fast to use.

It doesnt smell the greatest but the scent isnt horrible.

This didn't do much for me unfortunately.

from West Virginia

Comments about St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask:

I typically love the products from St. Ive's and I like a good clay mask but this one was a disappointment. It was priced quite inexpensively so that much may have been indicative of what to expect, however, some of the most inexpensive products have proven to be the best ones in my repertoire.

The mask never truly hardened on my face. It did get quite firm which was nice. When I applied the mask, it has a weird sensation on my face. It kind of tingled and this apparently isn't unique to just me. The mask then sat on my face for what seemed like an hour drying and trying to harden but it didn't really get firm.

The removal process of this product is not so easy as to just wash it off. The formula is thick and it takes several sweeps over an area to get it off. I found the best method of removal was actually getting in the shower and using the sprayer to remove as much as possible before finally using a cloth to remove the rest.

Once the product was removed, I didn't notice too much of a difference. My skin felt smooth but it also felt somewhat dry. It wasn't dried out, but it was dry to the touch instead of silky and smooth like I had expected. I didn't think I looked very even or toned either. I felt like I looked a little peaked after apply this. It was a let down.

I didn't get any real benefits. It did seem to zap the oil and unfortunately the good moisture out of my face.

Ease of Application
It's easy to apply but not so easy to remove.

The scent isn't bad. It smells like most clay masks in that it has a natural scent mixed in with a light perfume.

Love it!

from Edina, MN

Comments about St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask:

The St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask is a great way to have a moment of splurging for your face. St. Ives has a great line of products at very convenient prices and a good variety to choose from depending on needs, age and targets. This mask lasts for a very long time. Once a week mask is what I like to do. This one is great for firming and removing impurities. It leaves your skin feeling very refreshed and purified and smooth. A small dab is enough to spread over your entire face and wait 15 minutes till you rinse and you are set. Very smooth and creamy texture that is simple to apply and spread. St. Ives is awesome!

Really nice for a moment of pampering your skin after a long day or a much needed refreshment.

Ease of Application
Easy application with fingers or a facial brush that is dense and smooth.

Not much of a scent, a tinge of clay since that is the principal ingredient, but not unpleasant.

It is okay.

from Kansas

Comments about St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask:

St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask is an okay product, for my skin type at least. I have very dry skin with rosacea. This may be more effective for other skin types, but for me it was just average.

You simply put it on your face and allow it to dry. It will be hard once it dries and may crumble a little bit. Directly afterward your skin will feel fairly smooth. The smooth skin was not very long lasting, but it felt nice temporarily. I never noticed it firming my skin.

For the low price, I would say at least try this product. It may work better for normal or oily skin, but is not that effective for dry skin.

This is not as effective as many other St. Ives products, sadly. Directly after washing it off your face will feel smoother but it is only temporary. There are no firming properties.

Ease of Application
You simply rub it on your face and allow it to dry. I recommend putting it on with one hand, because it sticks to your fingers quite a bit. If you use both hands you will have fingers covered in clay while trying to turn on your faucet to rinse it off! Haha.

• Ease of Application:

Inexpensive alternate to my favorite mask.

from Davis, CA

Comments about St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask:

For my sensitive aging skin, I typically stay away from anything that will dry my face. Nevertheless, I also have oily patches at times and acne. Thus, I use a variety of products and am always looking for the best one for me.

I have used another product for some time, but it is getting very difficult to find it. So, when I noticed the St. Ives on sale, I decided to give it a try. I'm very glad I did, as this clay firming mask does a very good job. My skin appears younger and healthier than before using it.

Since I've been using this mask, my breakouts are fewer, my skin looks healthier, and my huge pores are smaller. I don't think I could ask for more than that.

Ease of Application
It is very easy to apply as it is similar to a thick lotion. It goes on smoothly, dries within minutes and cleans with warm water and a washcloth. I always follow up with a rich moisturizer though. It is the best practice for aging skin.

I haven't noticed any fragrance in this mask. It smells clean and fresh.

Does wonders....

from chicago Illinois

Comments about St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask:

I love this product a great deal. It does a great job firming the skin over time, not a long time, but a significant period of time. It also does a great job smoothing the skin and making it soft and supple, specifically for applying make-up. I love the way it makes my skin feel each time that I use it. It is an excellent product.

I have seen subtle difference in my face, specific around the eye area. The wrinkles are less and less noticeable the more that you use this product. I have also noticed a huge difference in the neck area.

Ease of Application
This product is super easy to apply onto your face. It is especially important to apply to cleansed skin, as this product with absorb so much better if you do.

I love the scent of this product. It is very light smelling and will not compete with other scents you may be wearing at the same time. I also like that it does not irritate your nose at all. It is barely noticeable.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask:

I absolutely love facial masks. I really like using St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask. I apply it not only to my face, but to my neck and upper chest area. The cost of the clay firming facial mask is much more cost effective than high end brands in this same category, but does the same, if not better job. The cap is easy to remove and replace and can be done using one hand. It is easy to apply even though with the thicker consistency. I never had any problems with the mask clumping or lumping up when I was applying it. The scent is a little earthy, a little musty, but you have to remember that it is a clay product and that scent is normal. The mask feels great on my skin. it is easy to rinse off in the shower. The mask leaves my skin with a glow and feeling firmer, feeling tighter. I use this mask once a month as part of my routine facial spa day. Having the clay mask in a tube makes it easy to pack and take with you if needed.

The best one out there

from Penacook, NH

Comments about St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask:

I really like this one. It has a nice clean scent and really firms the skin quite nicely.

Tighten the skin and cleans well. Leaves your skin clean, tight and feeling soft.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use.Like the squeeze bottle application.

A nice clean scent that works well while you use it.

Pretty good mask

Comments about St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask:

I purchased this product because the price was low and I was looking for something to exfoliate my skin. I was pleasantly surprised with how good this worked. My expectations were low due to the price, but it was a great product. You put the mask on your face and let it dry. It gets really hard and you can't even really move your face without it cracking. It stays on for an extended period of time and then you wash it off. My skin looked awesome when I washed the mask away. All the dead skin on my face washed off with the mask. It also left my skin looking really smooth and felt great to touch. I would highly recommend this mask. The price is great and so is the outcome to your skin.

I found it to be highly effective. My skin looked noticeably different after each use. It definitely helped my skin look better.

Ease of Application
You place it all over your face and let it dry. It does get really hard but it is not uncomfortable. Then you wash it off.

The scent is not bad. It is not great but it is not horrible. The longer it is on your face, the more you get used to it.

Love this clay mask!

from Austin, TX

Comments about St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask:

I really enjoy using the St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask. I am at an age where I still have combination skin, have an occasional break out, yet also need firming as I am getting wrinkles. I feel this products helps with all of these concerns.

I found the mineral mask to be very effective and worked well on my combination skin that is both oily, sensitive and has some dry patches. My skin looked and felt rejuvinated.

Ease of Application
Applying the mask was as easy as applying any other facial mask. I always find it messy to apply a mask, but after all, isn't that the point of a mask. The product went on smoothly.

For the most part I prefer items that are unscented or have a very neutral or natural scent. This is especially important to me when doing a facial mask, as you have them on your face and near your nose for a while. If there is a scent on a product, I prefer it to be mild. The scent of this product did not bother me and was quite nice while I wore the mask.

• Ease of Application:

This is a nice, inexpensive clay mask

from Pennsylvania

Comments about St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask:

St. Ives is a brand I know and trust. I have been using their products for years. I can honestly say that some of them are more effective that some of the pricier brands. You just can't beat the value St. Ives offers. I like to use a mask once or twice a week, especially in the summer months. My skin gets oily and my pores start to clog. St. Ives Mineral Clay Firming Mask is an oil free mask so it doesn't clog your pores. The price is excellent and you can find St. Ives products everywhere.

I use many different types of masks. Ones containing clay are among my favorites. Clay does such a wonderful job of removing impurities from your pores. My skin feels so clean and refreshed after using this product. My face and neck feel tighter afterwards but I'm not sure about the long term firming effects. However, the way this makes my skin feel and look is worth it in itself.

Ease of Application
This is easy to apply. Wash your face and hands and then apply with your fingers. Let it sit on your face and dry for a few minutes and wash off with a washcloth.

This really doesn't have a strong scent.