2.5
Space Bag Storage Products

Space Bag Storage Products

2.5

The Perfect Product for Storage and Organization

Without a doubt, The Original Space Bag is the best product on the market for storing and organizing clothes. I first bought a set of the large Space Bags a couple years ago when I had to move for graduate school. While I still use Rubbermaid tubs and plastic bins for organizing clothes, I love Space Bags because they save a lot of room and are great for storing clothes under my bed.

Since then, the creators of Space Bags have produced a number of vacuum-seal bags in different sizes that are really "airtight, waterproof, and reusable." These bags are very easy to use, but I will say that I had some trouble sealing the zipper when I first used them. As a result, I don't give the product 5 stars but I still recommend The Original Space Bag to anyone who is looking for a way to store their bulky sweaters and out-of-season clothes. They are also great for moving, too.

I should also mention that you do need a vacuum hose to remove the air out of the bags. Any vacuum hose will work, but definitely be careful with the seal. I recommend sealing the bags very slowly and carefully to prevent any air from entering the bags. Nevertheless, I love Space Bags and still recommend to all!

I need all the help with storage that I can get.

I am always trying to find ways to organize & de-clutter my home.  When I saw an advertisement for Space Bags, I thought, "THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I NEED!"  I called the number on the screen and ordered them right away.

Well, I got several Space Bags.  Two Extra Large, Two Large, Two Medium and one Travel Bag.   You load up the bag with things you wont be needing anytime soon, and then zip up the bag (twice).  You then get out your vacuum and although the instructions said to insert the hose into the opening, mine wouldn't fit, so I had to firmly press it against the opening.  Turn on the vacuum and watch the air disappear from the bag!  Pretty cool.  Then you reattach the nozel to the opening to keep it sealed.  IF you didn't get that zipper closed just right, this is the point where you'll hear the air escaping.  You're screwed at this point, and must start all over.  IF you get it closed correctly, you have a much smaller, compacted item to store away.

But DON'T expect your deflated bag to look like their deflated items on t.v.! On television, they show an entirely flat bag.  NO SIR!!!!  I can only guess that they have two or three very thin items in their bags.  I had several pull overs that I sealed, and while it did compact, it didn't go flat.  AND the bag marked Medium was a joke!  I fit very small items like doilies and old beach towels in that one.  And in the travel size......just old pillowcases and one sheet.  BUT, in the Extra Large size I fit an entire sleeping bag!  That thing was huge.  All of the bags should come in that size if they really want to work for storage; it held a lot.

So, yes, I'd recommend the bags.  But make sure you don't waste your money on the Medium size.  Go for the Large or Extra Large if you want to make any difference at all in your closets.

Tried several and none worked

from Port Charlotte, FL

Comments about Space Bag Storage Products:

I put some blankets in one of the jumbo bags and within HOURS some of the air was back into the bag. The plastic material these are made out of is much too thin. I had ordered a kit that contained several bags in various sizes. I hoped that I just received a faulty bag. But unfortunately, with each bag I had the same problem of air leaking back in. I'm thankful that I didn't just put my items in, suck out the air and then forget about them, because my items would have been ruined.

I wasmreally disappointed - I love the idea and wish I could find a brand that actually does what it promises. I use a FoodSaver brand vacuum sealer for my food and am thrilled with how it protects, so I know the technology exists for this concept. The problem seemed to be with the thickness and type of material the bags were made out of. They seemed to be too thin. On the plus side, they were easy to use, easy to fill and easy to suck the air out of with a vacuum hose. The variety of sizes of the bags is great as well. Maybe I'll try them again some day...

Great space savers

Comments about Space Bag Storage Products:

I absolutely love space bags storage bags. In my opinion they are the best things that have hit the shelves in years. I have recently moved into a much smaller house and I have a lot of clothes so these space bags were a definite help. I was able to reduce the space that my clothes and bedding by well over half. They really come in handy for people that don't have a lot of living space.

Works great for a short time then it is junk.

Comments about Space Bag Storage Products:

I bought this assuming that it would perform like advertised but that is not true, it was great for awhile but the bags split down the sides and are useless. I bought about ten bags to store a bunch of winter blankets and guest bedding and they all failed.

Good for travel but don't expect them to stay squished for long

from Costa Mesa, CA

Comments about Space Bag Storage Products:

I've had a few of these and they're kind of a toss up. Used em in a suitcase like in the tv ad and it was great, got tons of stuff ino a tiny bag. But when the pressure changed while traveling, the seals failed and they started fluffing back up. An the travel ones have to be rolled, which means you end up with curly bags and wrinkles. And the bigger vacuum ones start amazing: huge comforters flat and easy to stack and tiny, whoa! For like a month. And then the air seeps back in and they expand and it wastes your time if you expect winter stuff to stay sealed for 7 to 9 months because they need re-vacuumed. If they can find a way to make them really seal well these would be amazing, but they have some work to do yet.

Good idea, but could use thicker plastic

Comments about Space Bag Storage Products:

Hi, I just moved into a town home that believe it or not was smaller than the apt I lived in, so why move? ..... Well that's another story. The reason I am writing is I knew I had limited storage space, so I had to come up with clever ways to keep things that I needed, but find better solutions to store them. So, since I have used space bags before I decided to try them again. I didn't really like the flat bags they didn't store easily and they were bulky and just not my idea of a good system. When I saw the cube space bag I thot now that is a good idea. So, I purchased one just to see how well it would work. Well it tells you first of all to put it inside a container before loading which was weird cuz I thot it was supposed to eliminate that problem....anyways I did not do that because a container does not fit in the hall closet. I loaded the bag hooked up the vacuum and it did not work. Well I found three holes in the bottom. The plastic was soooo thin that with just loading the soft comforter mind you, it broke thru the plastic. I ended up taping the holes vacuumed again and put it in a plastic container before the air could get to it. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!

Great Concept, Hit or Miss Product

from Kennesaw, GA

Comments about Space Bag Storage Products:

My husband is in the military and has a lot of uniforms that he has to maintain but that he doesn't wear often. These uniforms took up a ton of closet space! After seeing multiple infomercials and commercials, my husband and I decided to buy one of the hanging space bags for his uniforms. Well, the bag was a little on the expensive side, but worth it if it worked. It was very easy to hang the outfits in the bag and suck the air out. It seemed to really work at first. However, the bag had completely reinflated by the morning time. After several attempts to repackage the uniforms and make sure everything was sealed perfectly, it leaked every time.

A year later, my husband got unaccompanied training orders for six months and I was going back east to stay with my family. We packed most of our house up and put it in storage. However, we had the problem of how we were going to fit all of our clothes along with other items in our car for the cross-country road trip. We decided to try space bags again thinking we may have had just a faulty product. However, after investing a fair amount of money in these bags, half of them did the same thing that our hanging bag of not staying inflated. The other half did work how the product was suppose to and saved us a lot of space in our car.

After I unpacked everything when I got to my family's house, I put the bags away to save to reuse for a later time. I pulled one out recently to store some warm weather clothes and the bag that worked before is no longer staying deflated. In short, space bags are really expensive for not being reliable and only getting one use out of them.

Space bags save space but often fill with air

from Vancouver, WA

Comments about Space Bag Storage Products:

I bought many space bags during a recent home remodel.  We washed EVERYTHING and put them into the space bags.  We had a large area under the stairs where they were stored, so the expansion from not staying sealed was alright.  If space were more of an issue, this would have been very disappointing.  When we moved, a few minutes with the vacuum and the bags were all very portable.

Not worth the money

from Mount Vernon, MO

Comments about Space Bag Storage Products:

Those space bags... what a joke! You pay a lot of money for something that does not work any better than a regular storage bag.  Oh, yes, they deflate and reduce the space needed to store them.... for a while. But soon you will find out that the air got back into those bags and they are nothing more than storage bags. Why pay so much money for something that does not work? I will definitely not buy anymore of those. In fact, I threw them in the trash.

Space Bags - yet another "as seen on TV" rip.

from Ames, IA

Comments about Space Bag Storage Products:

OK, this is yet another review for an "as seen on TV" product that is a total rip. I don't buy these things when I first see them on TV. I don't believe it, and then I see them in stores flying off the shelves and I think they are fine. Seriously, it's like faking a tennis ball throw with a dog. I always seem to fall for it.

I got this really "great" package off the website. It had some large, medium, and extra large and some hanging bags. The plastic *is* really thick. The one nugget of truth in their claims. I have some with t-shirts, some with sweaters, some with bed linens in them. ***None of them flattened down!*** You just basically end up shrink wrapping your items. I have the Dyson Animal vacuum. That thing is** hard core**. It will suck my carpet off the floor, but it will not flatten the Space Bags. Also, once they are vacuum "sealed" they don't always stay that way. I have some that came unsealed, so it's just clothes in a plastic bag.

If you just want to keep moths or mice out of your clothes, you can use them for that, but I am sure you can find a cheaper way to achieve that end. If you want to use them for extra storage space, then no. Do not waste your money. They don't flatten at all, they don't always stay sealed, you end up with clothes in thick plastic bags with no extra storage space.

Another waste-o-money.

great for bulky storage

from Schaumburg, IL

Comments about Space Bag Storage Products:

Space bags are great for saving space in the closets, or storing under a bed. The down fall is the zipper closure. It can be hard at times to a secure a complete closure with this design. The little blue tab to slide across the zipper is cheaply made and slides off the other end. I would like to see the vacuum plug top redesigned to a tighter snap fit than it has right now.

The concept is wonderful though and it really saves a lot of space. An x-large can easily hold a king size down conforter. I would and have recommended this product to anyone that wants to store seasonal clothing in the least amount of space. Using it when traveling works great especially for items that could leak. Seal and no worries of a mess when you open up the suitcase. Usie it for t-shirts or shorts, and you gain a lot more space for bring back those suveniors. No matter what size you buy, you can always find a use for them.