Other Storage & Organizations:
3M
3M Command Hook Medium

3M Command Hook Medium

Holds Strong with no Damage - I'm Hooked!

I like to keep my home organized so I'm always on the lookout for gadgets and storage solutions to help.   Keeping towels off of the floor, keys by the door, and tools neatly hung usually means hooks, nails, and drills that ruin your walls.  Not anymore.  I have been using the **3M Medium Command Hooks** to hang my items securely without damaging my walls.  No more nail holes or scratched paint. Medium Command Hooks are nearly 3 inches high, hold up to 3 pounds each, and come in a package of two with four adhesive strips included. The extra strips are a bonus because you can use the hooks more than once without having to run out and buy more strips.

The hooks are made of white plastic and are easy to apply.  The instructions are in the pack and are easy to follow.  Once the adhesive has set for an hour, the hooks are ready to use.  I use mine to add extra hanging room on the backs of bedroom doors.  They are great for hanging keys, kitchen utensils, sweaters, hand towels, and more.

A few times I have needed to remove a hook to place it in another area.  The hook itself removes easily, but I did have a little trouble with the adhesive.  Nothing major; I accidentally tore it with my fingernail as I was attempting to pull the removal tab.  Since I tore the tab, I simply used a bit of dental floss to remove the remaining adhesive.  It came off cleanly and left no marks or other surface damage.  I've used and reused these hooks several times and have never had a problem with their holding power or with them messing up my walls.

Overall, I highly recommend 3M Medium Command Hooks.  They come in several sizes so you should be able to find one that's right for your needs.

Not so great the way they come... but with a little creativity..

I have these hooks all over my apartment... I just don't use them the way they came. The adhesive part really disappointed me, it took off a chunk of plaster with the paint in my sons room... then in other places the hooks just fall off (I add super glue... shhh... don't tell the landlord). I have these hanging on the insides of my kitchen sink holding my bottle brush and dish rags. They're hanging on the sides of my cabinets that border my stove and hold my pot holders and measuring cups. I have one on the side of my dishwasher that I use to hold the hoses upright when not in use. Basically, I only use these in places that are okay to add superglue (tile, my personal items, and unfinished wood). The regular adhesive is too strong on paint, but not strong enough on tile, wood, or metal.

I don't want to completely give them a bad rep... I can't see how they could possibly still be in production if they *always* ripped pain and plaster off of the wall. It might be that my lanlord did a really crappy job of painting/plastering. I also can't completely blame them for the whole "not sticking" thing. It might be that the things I was trying to hang were beyond the weight limit. **However, unfortunatley for 3M this website is called *Viewpoints*... and my Viewpoint is that the product they made doesn't hold up in my situation. Maybe it will for you?**

good when you can actually get them to work

from reading pa

Comments about 3M Command Hook Medium:

I bought a bunch of these to use to hang up Holiday lights around my son's bedroom. I took them out of the packaging, read the directions and started to try to hang them on the wall. Both my husband and I tried and shen putting it on the wall to try and peel the back away to attach to the wall, it never worked. Everytime it would come off the hook and the wall leaving the sticky part in my hand. I went through a few of them and ran out of extras sticky parts. After multiple tries we only ended up with actually one out of avout 10 on the wall. The one that we did manage to get on the wall stuck great, held our lights up well and was easy to take down when we no longer needed it. It did not leave any markings or residue on the wall. I found these hard to use but if you can get them to stick they are a nice item to have around the house. They are reasonably priced and if it is to hang something that you do not mind seeing the hook these are great. I like to stick them inside closets to have extra hooks to hang things.

Best product ever.

Comments about 3M Command Hook Medium:

I absolutely love using 3M Command Hooks. They are fairly low priced, and you can buy them at almost any hardware store or larger grocery store. There are various sizes of these command hooks, but I would have to say the one I use most frequently is the Medium Size Hook.

These are super easy to install. You take the backing off the foamy part of the product (which is what makes it stick to the wall), and place it on the wall wherever you want the hook. Next, you stick the hook to the wall. These make it so easy to store scarves or purses on the back of a door. I also use them in my closet to hang everything like belts or items of clothing I want to wear the next day.

When you are ready to remove the hooks, you just pull down on the sticky part of the product. It comes off the wall easily, and it does not remove any of the paint. These are ideal if you live in an apartment or on a college campus because they do not cause any damage to the walls and they help give you extra storage space.

Perfect for decorating.

Comments about 3M Command Hook Medium:

These hooks are perfect for decorating your home. If you like to decorate your rooms, or even add some extra decor for the holidays, you will love this product. The hooks are easy to install, and even easier to remove. All you have to do is remove the backing to adhere, and pull a tab to remove. These hooks allow to decorate without leaving any holes in the wall, or damage to your paint.

It's Good, But 3M Makes Better

from Lake Villa, IL

Comments about 3M Command Hook Medium:

I use tons of 3M products and these hooks are one of those. They are more expensive than some of the wire ones that seem to work better for what I need. These are supposed to hold up to 5 lbs I believe, but they never seem to hold up for that. I've had four and five pound objects on them and they always seem to fall. I guess the adhesive is not strong enough to support all the weight. So, if you are hanging something smaller or lighter these work, but because 3M makes others for less I would recommend you go with those. Not that there is anything wrong with these, they are just a little expensive comparatively for no more effectiveness.

Just what I needed!

Comments about 3M Command Hook Medium:

I have purchased these hooks time and time again. They are perfect for all of my household needs. I used them to hang stockings at Christmas time, and even to hang my necklaces in the bathroom. Quite honestly, these hooks can just about do it all! The perfect hook!

3M Command Hook really works

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about 3M Command Hook Medium:

I purchased the 3M command hooks this year to hang some of my Christmas decorations inside the house. I was a little skeptical, to be honest, but I was impressed with these hooks. I am a fan, and I will be purchasing more of these. I am going to be painting the interior of my house before the next holiday comes around, and I am not going to want to put a thumbtack or tape on the newly painted walls. This is a great solution. It held up a pretty heavy item from the day after Thanksgiving until January 6. When it was time to take it down, I followed the instructions on the package, and it was very simple. It left no marks at all. You wouldn't even know where I hung it. I reccommend the 3M command hooks to everyone. I am going to get them for my pictures now, especially after I paint. They are good also, if you put up a picture crookedly or if you want to put something different up. No more nail holes.

Nice hooks for odd jobs!

from DES MOINES, IA

Comments about 3M Command Hook Medium:

I love the 3M Command Hooks! I find they are best for odd places where a regular nail or hanger will work. They are easy to place just apply the adhesive strip, press on surface and add hook cover! So easy! I have one on my front door so I can hang decorations. Its a steel door so a nail wouldn't work. I quickly added a command hook and now I can add cute decoration for each season! I also used them this Christmas on my brick fireplace to hang stockings! The looked great and held all my kids treasures from Santa.

What I love:

1. Quick installation! Just take a minute!

2. Strong! These babies hold and never fall off!

3. Various sizes! They come in so many shapes and sizes! Great for those odd jobs!

What I don't:

1. Price. The only thing I don't like is the price! I wish they were a little cheaper!!

I love them and I hope you do too!

3M Command Hooks are easy and durable

from Rexburg, ID

Comments about 3M Command Hook Medium:

3M Command Hooks are a great product for any household. They are easy and durable. We have used them many times around the house, and highly recommend them to our friends and family all the time.

You can use them for multiple purposes. We have used them for hanging the following things: pictures, purses, washclothes, keys, stockings. The possibilities are endless, they are so versatile.

Also, they are quite strong, which also expands their uses. They hold more weight than I originally thought they were capable of.

The only downside I can think of is that they are somewhat pricey. But my wife has been able to find coupons quite often and easily, making them a lot more affordable. Even at their retail price, I think they are still worth it.

I guarantee you will love this product just as we do.

3M Command Hooks are a clean, simple way to hang anything!

from Rexburg, ID

Comments about 3M Command Hook Medium:

Overall, I just love this product. 3M Command Hooks are a clean, simple way to hang anything! We have used them all over the house and have been completely satisfied with the results each and every time. Here is why:

--Easy installation: These are so easy to use and "install," anyone can do it, with zero to minimal frustration. :)

--Very sturdy: The stickiness of the adhesive is very strong, making the hooks capable of holding a lot of weight, way more than you'd think they would. I can hold a handful of medium-size handbags on one hook.

--Easy to remove: Although Command Hooks claimed "easy removal," I was a little hesitant to even attempt to try it, afraid it would end in a mess. But we were moving and I loved the hooks so much, I hated to leave them behind. I was pleasantly surprised it was so simple and clean! AND as a plus, each hook comes with an extra adhesive strip.

Overall, I would--and constantly do!--highly recommend Command Hooks!

Average Strength and a Little Pricey

from Shamokin, PA

Comments about 3M Command Hook Medium:

I buy Command products for a wide variety of things. I purchased these hooks for my daughter's dorm room, my laundry room and the bathrooms. We have used them to hold jewelry, scarves, linens, cleaning rags, Downy balls, keys and identification lanyards. My daughter had to put them on the inside of her armoire due to the fact that her dorm walls are porous. They worked well there, and are home to her school identification and keys. Otherwise, in my home I have mixed feelings. They did not work well in my laundry room and I'm not sure if it's because of the humidity, or I may have overloaded them with things that were too heavy. In the bathroom, they hang next to the vanity mirror and are perfect for necklaces and bracelets. I will only buy them when they're on sale or if I happen to get a rare coupon because I think they are pricey.