Other Condiments:
Peanut Butter
Smucker's
Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter

Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter

Ingredients: peanuts, salt. Now THAT's peanut butter!

***Quick View: ***You don't need all that palm oil and sugar in peanut butter. Natural peanut butter is very healthy and has no added bad stuff in it. It takes a bit of getting used to without sugar and oils but, once you eat natural peanut butter, you won't go back to the processed stuff.***About Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter 16oz***

This peanut butter comes in a 16 ounce jar and is made in both creamy and super crunchy varieties. I prefer the crunchy but both are good. This peanut butter has exactly two ingredients: peanuts and salt. That's it. Nothing else. It isn't organic because salt is added but there is very little sodium per serving. Without all the oils and sugars, there are just 7 grams of carbs and 2 grams of sugar. The peanut butter has 2 grams of fiber per two tablespoon serving like all other peanut butters.

Most peanut butters add as much as 35% - 40% ingredients other than peanuts, most of which are artificial and high in calories. There is no trans fat in this peanut butter and the fat there is in this is pure peanut oil fat - heart healthy fat that can actually lower your cholesterol.

About the taste. The first time you try it, you may hate it. It isn't sweet and it is very thick. The chunky variety is just big chunks of peanuts in a base of creamy peanuts. I LOVE it but I didn't at first. There was no sugar to sweeten it and my sandwich really stuck to the roof of my mouth. With all natural strawberry preserves on wheat bread, though, this has become a treat that I can't live without. The taste is so bold and so natural, I just love it. There is no weird oil on the top to stir but I keep mine in the refrigerator because there are no preservatives in it. I let it sit for about five minutes before scooping it out of the jar. I generally eat a tablespoon per serving which is half the typical serving size. There are around 90 calories in that and heart healthy peanut oil. And boy, is it filling. One sandwich will keep me full for hours and hours. I sometimes eat just one half and then eat the other half in a few hours. My belly is full, satisfied, and healthy.

***My Viewpoint***

Peanut butter is a health food that many people don't realize the benefits of. Typical store peanut butter is good but it is filled with chemicals and additives as well as loads of sugar and oils. Natural peanut butter is just peanuts and, in this case, a bit of salt. It's good for you, has the GOOD fat you need, and tastes amazing. Give it a few tries. Your palette will get used to the lack of sugar and chemicals and you won't go back to the other stuff! ***5 stars.***

*Note: Not all "natural" peanut butter is the same. If it has palm oil in it or anything besides peanuts and possibly salt, it's not all natural. Skippy's new natural peanut butter has a lot of palm oil which is not what you want in a natural peanut butter.*

Does natural have to taste burnt?

I am a peanut butter junkie and thought I would try something a little more natural this time. I should have checked with my Dad first to see what brand of natural peanut butter he buys, but I went out on my own and bought Smucker's natural peanut butter. What a mistake.

I don't know if I just bought a bad jar or they roasted the peanuts to long. This peanut butter taste burnt.  Roasted peanut taste is one thing, but this just doesn't cut it.  I am OK with the oil separation and that is what most "natural" peanut butters are like. I like to go for walks at lunch with my peanut butter sandwiches and the oils do seep into the bread making it messy to take along.  The creamy isn't as smooth as I would like either.  To me this is a very runny peanut butter and I am not to crazy about the texture.

Wanting to eat healthier shouldn't taste burnt.

Delicious Peanuty Flavor - DO NOT DRAIN THE OIL

Comments about Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter:

You will get large muscles stirring this, but once you get past that part, DO NOT drain the oil by any means, this is a great product. It becomes smooth and creamy like traditional peanut butter with no yucky stuff. I like that it is just peanuts and salt, no High Fructose Corn Syrup or hydrogenated oils.

It may be healthier, but the taste and consistency are awful!!

Comments about Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter:

I knew this "natural" peanut butter wasn't for me when I opened the jar and found all the oil floating on top of the "thicker than hardening cement" peanut butter. Someone told me to store the jar upside down so the oil wasn't on top, but all that did was leave the thick dry pasty peanut butter with oil below it. I believe the name should be changed to Natural Peanut Paste, because that is about the best description I can give it. Sure it may be healthier, but I can't eat it without loading it up with jam!

Something isn't right with this peanut butter.

Comments about Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter:

I love the idea of natural peanut butter, with no hydrogenated oil. Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter is one that I would not buy again. The oil likes to collect on the top, so right away it's unappealing when you open the jar. Then when you try to mix it, it makes a thick pasty consistency that is not enjoyable to eat. It also has a strange, very earthen, taste. I did not enjoy this peanut butter and would purchase a different natural brand.

Great Natural Alternative

Comments about Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter:

I try to eat natural items and use organic and natural items as often as possible. For that reason, I always buy Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter. This Peanut Butter tastes great, and I think it is even better than the "normal" peanut butter you buy in grocery stores. It doesn't have such a sweet taste because there is no added sugar. This makes it healthier for you, so you can know what you're eating will not be bad for your health.

This peanut butter can be left on your shelf until you open it. Once it's open, I keep it in the refrigerator since I don't think it lasts as long as other peanut butter that has chemicals and preservatives in it.

When you open this peanut butter, the oil separates from the peanut butter, so you will have to mix it together. Once it's mixed together, it resembles peanut butter, just a little thicker. It may take you some time to get used to the thicker taste, but once you start using this peanut butter, you won't want to go back to the sugar filled peanut butters.

Great natural product

Comments about Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter:

I love that this peanut butter doesn't have a lot of added ingredients. It doesn't taste as sweet as some other brands but it's way better for you and it's still good. You do have to stir it up because of the oil separation, which might freak some people out, but it's natural.

Love all natural

Comments about Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter:

My family loves this product. At first you think whats with all the oil on top. Its a natural!! Its not added oil. Thats tge one part that is alittle bit of a pain is mixing it up for the first time but after thst and its been refrigerated you wont have to. If you are wanting a real sweet product like the other peanutbutter this isnt for you. You have to remember this is just peanuts! No added sugar!! Yes it can be alittle dry to spread after its been reftigerated if you can wait and want it smooth just wait a few minutes and you can spread it. We enjoy making peanutbutter balls with this. (Wheat germ,powder milk,honey) Such a great snack and not so sweet other then the honey. The price might be alittle higher then the others but well worth knowing you arent putting more sugar into your body. They do sell smaller jars so if you dont like it your not out a bunch of money but if you like peanuts you will love this.

Fantastic, Healthy PB

Comments about Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter:

Smucker's PB is natural with just a pinch of salt, no hydrogenated oils in it, so I know I'm making a wise choice whenever I'm looking for a companion for jelly. This peanut butter also isn't super sticky like some natural peanut butters, so you won't require half a gallon of milk to have just one sandwich. I LOVE peanut butter and this is by far one of the best that I have had--both the crunchy and smooth are delicious!

LOVE IT!!

Comments about Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter:

I absolutely love peanut butter, and for someone who is a little but of a health nut like myself, this is great. What I love about Smuckers natural peanut butter is that you arent getting tricked. Most other “natural” peanut butters (or any product) contains sugar, and other ingredients that I’ve never even heard of. Which still leaves it ok to market as natural, because it is. We often forget that sugar, and all those other things can be natural. So most other natural peanut butters are the same as the regular kind. This is a great alternative. It is pure peanuts (and a pinch of salt). It might take some getting used to for people who are used to the regular, sweeter peanut butter but its great. It also has a different texture but thats fine too. I love it, and I always have it in my house. You should definelty try it!

An all natural creamy peanut butter made by Smuckers

Comments about Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter:

For an all natural peanut butter Smucker's Natural has a nice taste and consistency. As long as you stir it well once or twice the oil vs. peanut butter separation is minimal, which I have found is unusual for natural peanut butter. It's a nice balance between healthy and indulgent.

The Best Peanut Butter On the Market

from Lake Villa, IL

Comments about Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter:

Smucker's really nailed this peanut butter. I've tried several other natural peanut butters, some too sweet, others too salty, others having some strange taste, but Smucker's really nailed it with whatever they did. The label only says peanuts which I hope is true and the nutrition is great. This works great as a sandwich spread, with celery, even as a sundae topping. The texture is just right when you mix it right. Sometimes the top is a little oily (if you do not mix it enough) which would conversely leave the bottom more solid than you would like, but it really is all good. This would be the only peanut butter I would buy if it were a little more affordable. When this is on sale, I load up because being peanut butter it lasts a long time (without some of the preservatives the others have) and tastes so good. Definitely go out and try this peanut butter if you haven't, you will like it.