Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:
Rival SCVC651-F 6.5-Quart Slow Cooker

Rival SCVC651-F 6.5-Quart Slow Cooker

Great, but not so slow.

Comments about Rival SCVC651-F 6.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

As a very Mom of twin boys I rely on my Rival Crock Pot at least twice a week. I have always loved having the option of "throwing dinner in the crock pot" and going about my day. I have heard people say that everything that comes out of the crock pot tastes the same, and maybe that is true of older crock pots or other brands but I do not find that to be true of this model. I have made roasts, pulled pork, soups, stews, and even lasagna in my crock pot and they have all come out really delicious and unique.
This crock pot is easy to store and clean. I take out the inside pot and stick it right in the dishwasher and it always comes out squeaky clean!
This crock pot heats up pretty quickly, and while I have gotten used to the timing with this appliance, as I suppose I have with all my appliances but I do feel it doesn't cook quite as slowly as I would expect it to. I do however usually make smaller meals than it can fit so that may play a big factor in the time adjustments.
Overall I am very happy with this product and am very happy with it's performance.

• Time to Heat:
  • Cooking Performance:

Great crock pot - slower cooker for roasts

from Santa Fe, NM

Comments about Rival SCVC651-F 6.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

I have to consider myself somewhat as a crock pot/ slow cooker expert. When my wife and I got married we received four as wedding gifts (different sizes, shapes, and features).

This particular model is great for large items such a beef, pork, or whole (large) chicken.

It features a removable 6.5 quart removable and dishwasher safe, oval glazed stoneware insert.

You can choose either high or low cooking temperature settings and it is programmable in half hour increments up to twenty hours. There is also a "keeps warm" setting.

It cooks evenly without hot spots.

Time to Heat
The stoneware is heavy and it does take a while to reach a cooking temperature.

Cooking Performance
I've experienced no hot spots. It cooks rater evenly.

The stoneware is large and heavy, of course this is made for a large cooking project. The see through lid is also dishwasher safe and the exterior of the base wipes clean. There are no cracks, crannies, corners, or crevices to worry about.

Easy to set for cooking temperature and time settings.

It looks good on a counter top. It has a nice sleek design.

I've had no problems at all with this appliance.

• Time to Heat: