Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Rival 5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

• Cooking Performance:

The rival slow cooker is very durable!

I have made everything in this rival slow cooker from sausage cheese dip to brown sugar, bacon-wrapped hot dogs! I received this slow cooker as a wedding gift almost 9 years ago...I have never needed to purchase another one. The rival slow cooker is extremely well-made...with the exception of the plastic handle on the lid. After 8 years of use, the plastic handle on the lid did just pop off. I have continued to use the slow cooker, however, because everything else about the rival slow cooker is in perfect working order. I love that I can put the lid and removeable bowl in the dishwasher after use. It is a tad bulky for most of the dishwashers I have owned, but I have always been able to squeeze it in. I am a firm believer in products that stand the test of time. I am not a rich woman and do not have the funds to constantly replace cooking appliances. Thankfully, the rival slow cooker is not something I have to worry about replacing. It has lasted longer than I expected and is still going strong!

Time to Heat
The rival slow cooker heats up extremely quickly. I often give it a quick touch on the side to make sure it is heating properly and it does not disappoint!

Cooking Performance
I have not had any trouble cooking with the rival slow cooker nor have I had to adapt recipes to ensure that food cooks properly.

Dishwasher friendly!

It only has 4 settings...it doesn't get easier than that.

good pot for the price

As in the title, the pot is a good value for the price. I'm sure you can get better ones with more bells and whistles but this one gets the job done more often than not. The pot has a bit of a smell when you first open the box but once you clean it and start using it, the smell eventually goes away. The temperature controls are a little weird that high heat is a little too strong and shouldn't be used unless you really want to cook your food. I advise to use the lower (low or medium) settings even if it takes a little bit more time so your food won't burn. The pot's made from stainless steel so it's not much of a hassle to clean and the food won't stick to the pot after usage. The pot is also dishwasher safe as well. It is a standard size pot, and maybe a little bit larger than others and it holds 5 quarts as the title implies. It comes with a little dipper utensil but it's pretty cheap so I suggest you use your own because it's mostly a throwaway item.

The rival slow cooker is very durable!

Dishwasher friendly!

It only has 4 settings...it doesn't get easier than that.

Great for busy moms

from Ambler, PA

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker:

I really like the quality of this product. It sure makes cooking and working full-time possible. It heats evenly and has never gave me any problems or troubles. I like the size of this for my family, but other sizes are available as well and I am sure work just as well! I would buy this product again, and I recommend it to busy moms everywhere.

Decent Crockpot

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker:

This crock pot does a decent job at doing what it is supposed to be doing. I wish it was digital and had a setting where it would go to the warm setting automatically. I do enjoy the crock pot brand and I feel that they have good products that will last. I have had this particular crock pot for several years and it has held up well.

Time to Heat
It heats in an acceptable amount of time.

Cooking Performance
I have no complaints about the cooking. My food is always cooked according to the way a slow cooker should cook food.

I just throw the crock and the lid in the dishwasher. Comes nice and clean every time! Even if I have to wash it by hand because the dishwasher is full or I need to use it again quickly, it is easy and still comes clean easily

Fill the crock with supper, turn it on, wait for it to cook. Doesn't get any easier!

It is a simple design. A round crock pot with a round lid. It works well and is easy to carry.

I have had the crock pot for several years and it looks just as good as the day I got it.

good pot for the price

from San Diego, CA

Works great!

from Lake Mary, FL

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker:

I have been using this crock pot since I got it for Christmas and it works great. I live that it heats up quickly and stays a good temperature all day. The keep warm feature is great for when the food is done, but I am not ready to eat. It has a nice solid base that is easy to clean. It can fit a small ham too! I love it.

Fill It & Run

from New Jersey

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker:

Whether you are a homemaker or working outside the home this product is a "must have" in my book. I have used a crock pot for years and my family "loves" the meals that come from it as the meat or chicken comes out so tender and delicious and not to forget the aroma the food gives off when you walk through the door. It's great to use any time and especially now that the holidays are coming up and there is less time to make meals as you might be shopping etc, for the holidays. Come home to a cooked dinner! a great tasting cooked dinner! so easy to clean and so easy to use! Just pop in your meat, some vegetables, water and some seasonings and it's ready to start cooking. So simple!

Time to Heat
Product is fine to heat.

Cooking Performance
Just set the time and go.

So easy to clean!

Very important!

What matters is the operations of this product.

Last for years!

Love It

from Homer, AK

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker:

I absolutely love this crock pot it is awesome. The crock comes out for easy washing or to stick in the fridge. Easy settings. I start it in the morning before I leave for work and come home dinners ready.

This crock pot works great!

from Wilmington, NC

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker:

We received this crock pot as a wedding gift and it is perfect! Not too big, not too small, easy to clean. It heats stuff up rather quickly, but make sure not to leave it on high or stuff will stick to the pot.

Rival 5 Quart Slow Cooker is a good cooker!

from Livingston, TX

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker:

I didn't begin using a slow cooker until this past year and I have to say I definitely have been missing out! I use our Rival slow cooker and have been quite pleased with the results. This slow cooker is extremely easy to use and comes with simple and easy settings, not alot of bells and whistles to confuse a new user! It works thoroughly and I have found that it usually gets the product I'm cooking done quicker than what is estimated. This slow cooker is easy to use, easy to clean and not too expensive. We've had this slow cooker for several years but this past year I finally decided to pull it out and give it a try. It holds a decent sized roast, carrots and potatoes and I'm sure it could hold alot more too. I have had no problems with it, it hasn't gone out on me and I plan on using it a lot more!

Rival Slow Cooker is a Life Saver!

from Denton, TX

Comments about Rival 5-Quart Round Manual Slow Cooker:

I received my Rival 5-Quart Slow Cooker as a wedding gift almost 5 years ago and it has never let me down! It has been a true life saver to get good meals on the table for my family because I can just throw something in it, turn it on and then go about my day without having to scramble to make dinner at night! I would definitely recommend this product for families or even just couples who want an easy and healthy way to have meals at home. This slow cooker is also great for parties because you can make an easy dish and then set it on low to keep in warm the entire time your guests are there. The only down-side to the Rival Slow Cooker is the size and the fact that you cannot program it to come on and go off.