Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:
SCR-200

Pros

Cons

Perfect size for Appetizers on Buffet Table

Really a two quart size is the perfect size to have hot appetizers on a buffet table or to use to make a side dish or a dessert in when a large full size 6 or 8 qt crock pot would be just too big. This is a great little pot that works wonderful. It has no special bells or whistles but for a straight crock pot it is wonderful. It would be better if it had a warm setting and if the base did not get so hot to the touch.

Time to Heat
I think that it heats up very quickly, probably due to the small size.

Cooking Performance
it is small so I rarely use these to cook in. I use mine more for keeping food hot on a buffet table. But on occasion I have had some leftovers and put them together for a chili or stew or soup and as the end of the day when I come home it has done a perfect job in making soup. I also use sometimes with my larger crockpot to make a separate side dish in or to make a dessert.

Since the crock and base separate it is very easy to clean, though the white color is not great as I use these mainly as ways to keep hot appetizers hot on a buffet table and often that means small slices of italian sausage or italian meatballs and so I have one crock that is now dedicated to red sauces as they have stained the outer base and cord.

Very easy to use, just wish there was a warm setting as the low is a little high for just keeping things hot on a buffet table and I have to keep alternating between off and low to keep things from burning.

it should have a warm button so the items are at a hold temp without continuing to cook. Also the outside base does get quite hot so it has occasionally given a guest a very quick burn as they accidently brushed up against it.

Have been using them (I have four) for several years and they get just as hot as they always did.

great little helper

i picked up one of these on black friday a few years back. i do wish it was a bit bigger, but all in all, it's a nice little appliance to have around. it does the job i need, and is great to use for get to gethers any time of the year. i usually use this for something like veggies or a bean mix, as it's not big enough for say a roast or something of that nature.  the sides aren't like the newer cool touch ones, so be careful when you have little ones around. but still it is great to have on hand and it does not take much space to store when not in use.  easy to clean up, easy to operate, nice clear lid and approaite size handles make it  worth the price i paid. even my 11 year is able to use, clean and control this, which anyone who has a preteen knows it can be challanging to have this happen.  i dont even keep the manual for this anymore, figure its earned it's weight in the price, and is able to stay and can be easily replaced if i need to

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Rival 2-Quart Slow Cooker:

This Rival 2-Quart Slow Cooker is a great buy for someone on a budget. I found it to be very cost friendly when I purchased it. It is the perfect slow cooker for one person. I found the electrical cord to be a little short for my preference, but it would probably be fine for most people. The length of the cord certainly does not affect the performance of this slow cooker. The handles, one on each side of the slow cooker are sturdy and stay cool when the slow cooker is in use. The removable insert does require a pot holder on the handles when removing the insert. The lid fits very well on top. The entire unit is very easy to clean. The design of this slow cooker does not take up a lot of space on your counter or shelf. I like the basic, uncomplicated temperature dial on the front. The dial has always worked well for me and stays in the position I set it in. There are small half round legs on the bottom of this slow cooker that raise the bottom off the counter area just enough to allow for air circulation to keep things from overheating.

• Cooking Performance:

Great product for small spaces

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about Rival 2-Quart Slow Cooker:

I love this crockpot so much. I have a tiny apartment, but I work and workout everyday which means I don't have much time at all to cook stuff. I wanted a crockpot but I only cook for myself, as of right now, so I wanted a mini crockpot. Most of the kitchen appliances that came with my are white, which I found was harder to find in crockpots (most of them were stainless steal). This crockpot fits in with everything I have in my kitchen and it fits in the cupboard underneath my counter perfectly (even though that's small, too), when I need to put it there.

Time to Heat
It doesn't take too long, especially considering it's small, and it heats foot thoroughly. It's great for people who are on the run or live in a tiny apartment, like me.

I hand wash most of my dishes, since I live by myself and it seems pointless to run a dishwasher for one person, but this is one of the easiest dishes to wash. It doesn't take long and the food comes off pretty easily.

It's cute and goes with the other appliances in my apartment. Highly recommended.

Perfect size for 2!!

Comments about Rival 2-Quart Slow Cooker:

Easy to clean, doesn't take up too much space and it's the perfect size for 2 servings. I have only used it a couple of times so far but I really like it. It isn't going to cook large quantities of anything but it's perfect for soup for 2 or spaghetti sauce for 2. It would also be great for hot dips for a large party, like queso dip.

Time to Heat
Seems to heat up exactly like it's larger cousin.

Cooking Performance
I was pleased with the all day results. It didn't boil over and it didn't need more liquid added. It will handle almost any crock pot recipe cut in half.

It is very easy to clean, the liner and lid are dishwasher safe and doesn't take up an entire shelf in there.

Just like it's bigger version.

It is designed exactly like the larger Rival crock pots.

I have only used it a couple of times but it seems sturdy.

Simple and Reliable Crockpot

Comments about Rival 2-Quart Slow Cooker:

Though I do have a larger crockpot for most recipes, I have several recipes that require the use of a smaller crockpot and the Rival 2-Quart works very well for those purposes. The design is very simple with off, low, and high switches and the outside cover is very neutral looking. With the lack of buttons I find it is easier to forget about turning the device on or not having a timer but if you are making sure those things don't happen you won't have a problem. This cooker does a great job at cooking. The only times I've had problems are when I forget about recipes like chile con queso or fondue and even though I've turned the heat on low they will stick and burn to the sides. As long as I keep an eye on those specific ones and remember to stir I don't have a problem with the cooking.

Time to Heat
This slow cooker does a great job at heating up quickly and cooking foods in a normal range of time.

Like most slow cookers, if you have burned food on the sides it will take longer to clean up but plastic liners can help to eliminate clean up. The bowl isn't dishwasher safe but the coating on the cooker does make it easier to clean.

Really too small for me

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Rival 2-Quart Slow Cooker:

I have previously and in the past purchased and used this Rival Two Quart Slow Cooker and it worked ok but I was not really satisfied with it because it was really small. This slow cooker was good enough to make a small batch of home made soup or home made stew but that was about it. I found that I was unable to cook a roast in this slow cooker not even the smallest one. This was the first slow cooker I ever purchased so i did not know any better and bought this one because it was cheap. Big mistake. So that is the one good thing I can say about this Rival Two Quart Slow Cooker is that it was very reasonably priced. This slow cooker was pretty easy to clean as well. The main thing is that it was kind of cheaply made and I was unable to cook whatever I needed. I got rid of it actually. I would certainly not recommend this to anyone who wants to do more than make a small batch of home made soup.

Great Small Crockpot

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Rival 2-Quart Slow Cooker:

Although I have a large crockpot I always seem to have need for a little one as well so I picked up a Rival 2 Quart Slow Cooker.

It's adorable and small enough that I can fit it anywhere on my countertop, even next to my big crockpot if I need to. It makes prepping for holidays so much easier! I can have one thing going in the large model and a side dish going in this small model.

It's super easy to clean with a removable pot. It's ceramic, but not super heavy as most pots seem to be. It cleans up in a cinch in the sink. I've never had to soak mine either. Everything just slides right off.

I've used this for everything from hot chocolate and mulled cider for parties to small batches of soup and even a turkey breast once and it's performed beautifully each time. It isn't really big enough for cooking a roast in, but for smaller jobs this is a great option that gets the job done without taking up a lot of space or heating up the kitchen. I definitely recommend it!

• Cooking Performance:

Great product to use when living in a small apartment!

from Keller, TX

Comments about Rival 2-Quart Slow Cooker:

Even though the crock pot is small, it works well for what I use it for. We cook soups, roast and lots of stews in it. Also use it to make dips to share with the family, at family gatherings. I also love to get up in the mornings and throw in a bag of pinto beans and let them cook all day, makes for a great side to several meals through out the week. It is very easy to use, easy to clean and easy to store. I would suggest this crock pot to anyone that lives in a small apartment and does not have lot's of space. Would be a great present for a newlywed couple, someone moving into a new apartment or a kid going away to collage, that doesn't have a kitchen stove to cook on, this would make a great alternative to a hot plate.

Heats very quickly!

Cooking Performance
Cooks evenly through every time

Simple to wash

Very very easy to use!

Love the shape as it makes it easy to store when not in use, it does not take up a lot of space.

Heavy and sturdy

Cute Slow Cooker!

Comments about Rival 2-Quart Slow Cooker:

Whenever I have friends or family over, I never can seem to have enough cooking devices. A slow cooker is really the perfect invention for entertaining. It makes being a hostess super easy and stress free. Not to mention that being able to keep all the food warm at once means you can mingle with your guests without worrying about burning food.
I love this little slow cooker. I have a few different slow cookers and each one is good for different things. This particular slow cooker is definitely the cutest of them all. Besides being cute and easy to store it really does fit a need in the kitchen for me. It makes just enough food for a side dish and keeps it nice a warm without burning it.

I really love this slow cooker for making dips such as spinach dip or artichoke dip. I must say, though, that my favorite use for this slow cooker is to make baked beans. It makes just enough for a side dish without being stuck with an over abundance of leftovers as would happen if I made them in my larger slow cookers.

I have found this slow cooker to heat up just as fast as all my other slow cookers and cleans up just as fast and lovely.

Good for smaller meals

Comments about Rival 2-Quart Slow Cooker:

I have a few different slow cookers that I use to make meals when I'm in a hurry or when I need to go to pot-luck dinners. One that I use is the Rival two quart slow cooker. I like this slow cooker for some of the smaller sides I make, but it's not my favorite slow cooker because of the lid. I have other slow cookers that have lids that stay closed with handle attachments, but the rival slow cooker does not have these clasps. This sometimes makes for a mess when I take the slow cooker in my car.

The slow cooker coos all of my food evenly, and it keeps the roasts and other meats very tender. I always get compliments on food that I cook in this rival slow cooker.

Time to Heat
This heats relatively quickly, and food cooks quickly when I put it in this slow cooker.

This is really easy to use. You just throw your ingredients inside the slow cooker, and turn it on. In a few hours, your meal is ready to eat.

• Cooking Performance:

The little crock that can.

Comments about Rival 2-Quart Slow Cooker:

My family uses this pot to make sauces, gravies, chili for hot dogs It is a great smaller crock pot or it is ideally sized for a couple,

Time to Heat
Heats up fairly quick. The temperature knob is easy to read. This pot keeps the temperature very steady. Does not seem to use much energy.

Cooking Performance
The pot works great. The cooking performance really depends on the cook. But yourself a crock pot recipe book and you should do well.

Both the lid and crock are dishwasher safe. You can hand wash them both if they are extremely dirty.

Set the crock pot up. add your ingredients, cover, and turn it on. Cannot be more simple than that.

It is round with a lid and cooks food. I=t is the standard crock pot design. It is not flashy or artsy. It cooks which is what it is designed to do.

The crock pot comes with a lid, the crock, temperature knob, and the heating part. I have only had for a year, but so far all are in great working condition. I have no complaints. I would buy it again.