View more crock pots slow cookers

3.9
Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:
Rival
5025-WG
Rival 2.5-Quart Slow Cooker

Rival 2.5-Quart Slow Cooker

3.9

Rival gets it right!

This is the second Rival slow cooker I have owned and have been pleased with the results. It is smaller than my previous one, this one is a 2.5 quart and my other one was a 5 qt. but the rival brand is a brand I trust. Now I can cook smaller things without having to get out my much larger roaster. It is great for cooking smaller amounts and I use mine a lot for cooking soups or small roasts. It is a breeze to clean up and makes cooking on a busy schedule much easier. I love how the stone ware crock is removeable for easy clean up. It takes up less storage space and is a really durable slow cooker. The one I own has the white base with a green stoneware crock and looks great in my kitchen. It has two differant temperatures and I have never had a problem with anything that I have cooked in it. The Rival slow cooker also seems to cool down very fast and seems to heat up fast also, but I haven't found that it cooks too hot. A timer would be a nice added feature, but since I have a timer on both my microwave and my stove, I don't feel that the Rival slow cooker is really missing anything. Once again, Rival gets it right!

Rival Crockpot: Hard to get right

I had never owned my own crockpot but hada great deal of experience using them when I had roomates.  The first crockpot I purchased was the rival and I was extremely disappointed.  I was hesitant about buying one because I don't eat red meat and most are used for heavy meat dishes but I found so many chicken and vegetarian recipes that I wanted to try so I decided to purchase it.  I have heard that friends who use it for meat dishes have more success.  I have cooked recipes exactly as indicated and in the appropraite size crockpot.  THe crockpot almost always gets too hot and overcooks my food.  The vegetables come out dry and overcooked and the pot is extremely hot to the touch.  I even altered an 8 hour recipe and cooked in for 5 hours and it was still way over done.  Chicken recipes have been a little more successful but still too dry.  I know that the size of the crockpot is small so next time I will switch  to a bigger pot definitley from a different brand.

Decent small crockpot

Comments about Rival 2.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

I have used my Rival crock pot many many times in the last four years. It is a reliable crock pot and works really well for soups and stews. It can also work for small roasts and chickens. However, often I have a hard time fitting larger pieces of meat in the pot. In addition, it would be a really nice feature if I could have a timer on the crock pot so I don't have to rush home to turn it off sometimes. Whenever I make corn chowder I end up scalding the milk by leaving the crock pot on too long. The crock pot is easy to wash out and cooks the food evenly. The cover fits well on the pot and it is also very good for taking on a trip because of its compact size. The cord seems a little short sometimes and it is difficult to plug in the cord into the outlet which sits a little bit above my stove. Overall this is a very good crock pot for the price and I am sad to see that it has been discontinued.

• Time to Heat:
  • Cooking Performance:

Great crockpot

from Eugene, OR

Comments about Rival 2.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

First off, I grew up with a mother who always made our dinners and we always sat down as a family to eat these wonderfully made home cooked meals. She often used the crockpot and when I watched her, it seemed like it was something so difficult and I thought she slaved over it all day while I was at school. When I left our home and lived on my own this crockpot was one of the gifts given to me by my parents. I really had no idea out to cook and was kind of afraid of it. But one I learned some recipes it has been wonderful! I LOVE that I can just throw a hunk of meat in the crockpot, leave it and just let it cook for a few hours, add some vegetables half way through and you've got yourself a great meal that you didn't have to spend much time on! Now that I am an extremely busy mother of two (ages 2 and 9 months) I don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen so any help is GREAT!

Rival gets it right!

from 63650

Comments about Rival 2.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

This slow cooker works, but you are better off with a big one!

from Sterling, CO

Comments about Rival 2.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

We've had this slow cooker for awhile, and actually my husband received it for a gift when he went to college...so it has seen a lot. We have a bigger one that we use most of the time, but this can come in handy. It has two features: low and high. The lid doesn't fit as well as it could and it actually seems very cheap to me. It also gets very warm on the side, and in mine, the crock doesn't come out, so it is a bit of a pain to clean.

This does work and it does cook, but it cooks really high to me, even on the low setting. I was once using both crock pots, and had soup in each one, and left them cooking. When I got home, this little one had dried out and burned on the side and I had to add a bit more liquid so that the soup was actually soup and not a casserole. It has done better with meats, and we use it a lot for baked potatoes, but I never want to make soup in it again...and I prefer to use it when I am home. I prefer to use the bigger crock pot!

nice pot

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Rival 2.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

the rival 2.5 quart slow cooker or crock pot has been a much used item in our house! esspecially during work weeks it is easy to make a warm homecooked meal with little effort spent, i ussually make soups or cassaroles night before and store the pot with lid in my refridgerator till morning and then stick it in to cook before work, and its good to go by the time five o clock rolls around. i have even done mini butterball turkeys in this pot and they turn out excellent as well very moist! i definatly suggest this as a wedding gift or birthday present for young familys of young adults it is truley a time and money saver and a lot healthier option that fast food or dinners out all the time! i love my rival crock pot.

Rival 2.5 Quart Slow Cooker

from Bedford, KY

Comments about Rival 2.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

I have had my Rival 2.5 Quart Slow cooker for years now and would not be without it. It is great for those days that you are busy and running or for those hot summer days when you do not want to heat up your kitchen. I like the fact that the Rival Slow cooker has a romovable crock for easy cleaning. This also comes in handy for me to fill it the night before and place it in the refrigerator so it is ready to put in the next morning. There is only two settings, low and high but this has never been a problem for me, I have not missed having any of the other cooking settings like some of the larger more expensive models may have. I cook everything from roast, pork, vegetables, and soup in my Rival Slow Cooker and have wonderful results everytime, I don.t have to worry about my food being underdone or overdone. The Rival 2.5 quart slow cooker is the perfect size for just 2 people and I have no need for one of the larger ones. I would recommend this to everyone.

My Rival Crock pot is great

from Jerome, MI

Comments about Rival 2.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

We got a New Rival Crock pot when my last one died.This time we got the one with the removeable crock for easier cleaning. No problems with it. Keeps my food hot or warm which ever one I need.Just put what ever you are cooking that day in and let the crock pot do its job. My chili always comes out great and so does Scalloped pots and Ham.

Rival 2-1/2-Qt. Slow Cooker is Above Average

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Rival 2.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

This rival slow cooker in my opinion is above average.  I work with a couple of these for my job and they work good for what we need them for.  Rival has created a simple and easy to understand concept.  One knob that has three settings High, Low and Off.  we use these slow cookers to keep products that we are handing out to consumers warm.  they are on for about six hours a day and in the nine months that I have been there we have never had to replace even one.  My only real complaint is that trying to handle the pot right after turning it off is difficult.  If there was some type of handle it would be perfect.  Price wise it is great.  The price is under twenty bucks and as I said it's reliable.  so if your looking for a cheep soulution to cooking this is a good choice for you.  Also there are other sizes ranging from daisy pots to massive slow cookers that could cook a twenty pound roast.

Smaller size comes in handy

from Wyoming, MI

Comments about Rival 2.5-Quart Slow Cooker:

I had been wanting a smaller sized crockpot for some time and finally found the 2.5 qt Chemate slow cooker on sale at a good price so I bought it.  I have found that this type of appliance falls into the same category as a big turkey roasting pan or something like that . . . you don't use is often but when you need it, it sure is handy to have around.

The model I have has three heat settings, high, low, and warm.  If food is in it all day, I have found out the hard way that you need to use the "warm" setting.  If food is in the pot all day, even at the low setting, it gets burned.  So I have been a little frustrated trying to get the cooking times figured out.

Ideally, I think this crockpot is best suited for dips that will only be in it for a few hours on the "warm" setting. I think in the future if I use this crockpot for meals, I will only let the food be in it for a half day, or I will always be using the very lowest heat setting.

Rival Crockpot: Hard to get right