Other Kitchen Home Improvements:
Cabinetry, Kitchen, Misc. Home Improvement, Paint
Restorz-It
Restorz-It Wood Finish

Restorz-It Wood Finish

Pros

• Easy to use (8)
  • Durable (7)
  • Quality materials (6)
  • Good design (4)

• Inside (8)
  • Small jobs (7)
  • Big jobs (6)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Beginner (4), Avid do-it-yourselfer (3), Casual do-it-yourselfer (3)

Restorzit is magic! My entire house radiates with "woodglow"!!!

I have an enourmous 30 year old house that has woodwork in every room.  I have only lived here 6 years, and had to get ready to sell.  The previous owners had dogs and kids that had scratched up everything.  I had picked up other products here and there to try to repair the damage, none of which succeeded.  I was desparate!  I did online research and found Restozit.  I had to do something to improve the woodwork, or my woodwork would be the only awful mess in my beautifully updated and improved house, so I went ahead and ordered 4 bottles.  I tried it first on the worst, waterlogged, veneer-peeling kitchen cabinet I had.

It was like a miracle!!  I called my husband to come watch me wipe it on over horrible scratched up woodwork...we were like little kids, oohing and ahhing over the miracles that were happening in front of our eyes.  We had carpenters helping us rehab, and we showed it to them, and they went right home and ordered some for themselves.  I had a friend who constantly made fun of the back of my bathroom door--"it looks like somebody had a bleach fight in here"  she always said because of the white spots all over from years of steam from the shower on the dark cherry wood.  The next time she was in the bathroom, she came out with her jaw hanging open..."did you replace that door?" she asked.  When I told her I had just wiped it with Restorzit, she could not believe it!!!!

I used it on every baseboard, every cupboard, every door, every inch of paneling, every railing and staircase.  My house went from being a beat up mess, to a premier showplace on the market.  It never fails to get rave reviews from everyone who looks at it.  My house is a very unique Craftsman style house, though, and is still waiting for just the right person to love it like I do.  I couldn't have done it without Restorzit!!!!

Restorzit did not perform as other reviewers/consumers claimed.

After reading several reviews on Restorzit I decided to take a chance and try it.  I have some past experience in wood refinishing so this definitely sounded to good to be true.  It was.  I followed the directions carefully for cleaning with the Restorzit cleaner, rinsed according to directions, dried according to directions, and finally used Restorit according to directions.  Temperature was also as recommended.  3 days of drying and the finish is still sticky to the touch, yet dry.  Scratches look like scratches that have been covered, not hidden as hoped for. The smell is also very strong and still lingering days after application even with the windows wide open. For me, this product was a waste of money (and time) and hopefully the 100% Money Back Guarantee won't be difficult to obtain.

Amazing!!!

from J, Round Rock, TX

About Me Beginner

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Good Design
  • Quality Materials

Comments about Restorz-It Wood Finish:

Really happy how well this product worked! Used on a 50 year old coffee table, night stand tops, and dining table and chairs. I had some light water marks on the table and used #0000 steel wool first, and then applied the restorzit, turned out beautiful! The chairs were so dull and nicked up my husband thought we should get rid of them, after two coats of restorzit he said they look like new!

WOW, you would not believe my 100 year old stairs.

from Milwaukee WI

About Me Beginner

Pros

• Durable
    • Easy on lungs of Asthma sufferers
    • Easy To Use

• 100 Year old stair treads, and landings

Comments about Restorz-It Wood Finish:

First off order both the wood cleaner and refinishing product. I have a home that is 100 years old, and since I purchased the home never saw the wood on the steps as I was always at work when carpet was put in. I now have free time, hate sitting around, and decided to do the interior hall and stairs from 1 to 2 floor. I needed a product that has low VOC as I have Asthma. Went to hardware store initially, and they sold me another product. It took me 2 days to remove the other product before I discovered Restorz-It. I AM NOT KIDDING when I say if you follow the directions carefully, the RESTORZ-IT works wonderfully. The cleaner helped me after I had sanded the stairs I tried the other product on. I did every other stair first, as I wanted the cats to have the freedom to go up and down. Restorz-It made dog stains from the previous owner almost completely disappear. I knew it was under the carpet, but never saw how much damage there was. Do not forget find yourself old CLEAN socks, as they do not hold as much of the product as does cotton t shirts. FOLLOW directions, and you should easily get 13 stair treads, and two landings out of the product. I will be ordering the medium next so that I can do my window sills that have faded. RESTORZ-IT made my job easy on my lungs, and animal friendly (maybe if you have a dog) do 1/2 of the stairs, and block it with string so they know which side to use. My cats knew to step every other step. Thank you to the staff for talking me through the process, and being there if I had a question. I wish I had extra cleaner just to clean up wax build up on my bathroom and kitchen floors. MMMM it smells so good.

After a few stumbles I think I have it right....

from Sioux Falls, SD

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Amazing customer service!
      • Durable
      • Quality Materials
      • Safety Features

Cons

• Pricey

Comments about Restorz-It Wood Finish:

I gave this only 4 stars because my project is not yet finished. I am impressed with the ease that I was able to ask phone only questions (no email or chat - con) BUT considering the MANY calls I made they helped every time! I came to one BIG conclusion - when choosing which color to buy - match the LIGHTEST parts of your wood. I chose medium but my table had light areas that I could see stripes of finish in....so they are sending me a bottle of light at no charge! I will receive it tomorrow - but I think if I had known to match the lightest parts of the wood, I could have spared myself a lot of sanding.... It goes on very easily if you're not worried about striping - but honestly - if you have a little stain to patch the scraped up parts - just get the lightest one and use it as you would a clear finish.....

Works like magic

from Canton, MI

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Durable
      • Easy To Use
      • Good Design
      • Quality Materials

Cons

• I wish they sold a satin finish also

Comments about Restorz-It Wood Finish:

I sanded the popcorn ceiling in my house with a power sander which left my dining room furniture covered in dust. I set out to clean the chairs which have a lot of carving and crevices but the result was that my furniture looked dull and drab. I recently purchased restorz it and thought that I would give it a try to improve the look of the finish. I simply brushed the medium finish on with an artist brush to reach all of the deep carvings and the result was a beautiful lustrous finish that made the 10 + year old set look brand new. I have refinished wood in the past but this product is the easiest to use with a minimum of mess. I am going to be spicing up all of my wood furniture soon.

Very poor Customer service

from Phoenix AZ

Comments about Restorz-It Wood Finish:

I first went to the website with my problem only to find out that you cannot send a e-mail questions only order from the site. Then I tried to call the 800#. on 5 different days I called and received the same message " we will call you back before 5 oclock Pacific time today. Still waiting for my call back. We bought the three bottle package with a bottle of cleaner. Two of the four bottles dried up and cannot be used. We need someone to tell me how to make it useable

Pleased with the results

from Colorado

About Me Beginner

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Quality Materials

Comments about Restorz-It Wood Finish:

I have an inexpensive wood table that I bought for my kitchen area. Loved the size as it was a drop leaf). However it had water and heat marks trapped. I thought I needed to sand and revarnish and was looking at You-tube on how to do it when I stumbled upon Restorz-it. I ordered the product that came with a cleaner. it involves steel wool and cleaner and the wood finish product. Not every water mark came out, but I love the sheen, the color and the table, in my opinion, looks like a vintage product. My husband said it was money well spent.

Awesome stuff!!

from Spring Valley CA

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Good Design
        • Quality Materials

Comments about Restorz-It Wood Finish:

Found this on line, ordered to clean/refresh my 30 year old kitchen cabinets. The cleaner/degreaser is much better than others I have used. The refinishing part went smoothly and I was very pleased with the results. I did change up the application of the actual refinishing material by using a disposable foam brush and plastic tub for application. This made things go a lot quicker and easier. I found application using a cloth messy and difficult.

Long Time User

from Milwaukie, OR

About Me Casual Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Durable
          • Easy To Use

• Outside

Comments about Restorz-It Wood Finish:

I have been using Restorz-it for many years (since the 90's) and I love the product. I wanted to comment on the new & improved version of Restorz-it. The old formula, which is no longer available, was very good, but I really like the new formula better. I like the looks of the new finish better and it seems to hide damage better. It also smells much better without any lingering odors. The old formula was also more finicky, if you didn't clean every last bit of grease and polish off the surface before applying, it would dry tacky. The new formula dries smooth every time whether I wash it well or not. Great Job Restorzit!

i did buy this product

from warren mi

About Me Avid Do-It-Yourselfer

Pros

• Durable
            • Easy To Use
            • Good Design
            • Quality Materials
            • Safety Features

Comments about Restorz-It Wood Finish:

what ever you read on their web sight, that the company claims. is all true.my only complaint would be that they also could ad that one of their customers (me) used the cleaner all night without gloves. the next day I couldn't even tell. usually when I deep clean with other products and don't wear gloves, the next day I regret it. and no amount of hand lotion suffices. not with this citrus based product. also I want to ad, I bought one extra finish bottle to be safe, as I have a big kitchen. the cleaner worked so well, I didn't even have to restore. I still opened one bottle and played around with other wood finish items around the house. it does work and is easy. I called the company and got message that my call would be returned by 5pm pacific time, Jeannie from the company called at 4;50 pm. I asked how to return one unopened bottle, she told me to keep it and refunded its cost. the only other company that makes similar product is rust-oleum. I could of bought a half mile from my home, it just seemed that restorz-it was a little easier to use and better product. I knew I only had one chance, I decided to try restorz-it. It works as advertised......

Second time using product

from Oklahoma

About Me Beginner

Pros

• Durable
              • Easy To Use

Comments about Restorz-It Wood Finish:

Great product. Used it prior house. Cabinets looked like new. Did not need to reapply in the two years I lived in the house. Decided to use it in new house. Once again all cabinets look beautiful. Great shine. Saved me a lot of money and not needing to refinish cabinets.