Other Pest Control & Pesticides:
Raid
Raid Ant & Roach Spray

Raid Ant & Roach Spray

Raid-The Knock Em' Out And Knock Em' Dead Formula

When we get those pesky little critters that come crawling and hiding in our homes, we don't want to share our spaces with them at all. Raid Ant and Roach Spray takes care of that for you. They have a **New Formula **that has no lingering odor. Sounds like a plan so far, right? This type of spray will kill on contact and it has an outdoor fresh scent. It comes in a17.5 ounce red metal spray can with an easy to push button on top of tthe can.After you have sprayed the area where these little pesky critters are, the spray continues to work for up to 4 weeks. This spray is used only inside your household only. Th

This spray works well on: **Ants, Roaches, Waterbugs, Silverfish,Crickets and Spiders.**

*****The contents of this spray are hazardous to humans and animals.*****

**Directions for use:**To use this spray, one must first shake the can to mix the contents up well. You are suppose to hold the can upright but **Do not spray into the air as you need to only apply to the surface where the bugs are at. **You should be holding the can about 12 inches from the areas you are spraying and soak them so they get good and wet to get this spray to work the best for you.

This can will last a while for the money unless you are swamped with any of these critters. Then, of course, you would use more of the spray. You need to be very careful when using this spray so you don't come in contact with it on your skin or clothes and be careful to remove all items that may come in contact with this spray. That would include but not limited to pets, your pets foods, any dishes for you or your pet, plants, other animals such as birds and if you have fish, be sure to cover their container or aquarium as well as this is harmful to all pets.

**Contents are flameable.**

**Dont get spray on yourself, your clothes or around your animals or plants. **

**This has no CFC's in the spray so it is not harmful to the ozone layer. **

**IF swallowed call a poison control center immediately or your doctor. Do not induce vomiting unless you are told to do so by the poison control center or your doctor as it could harm you more that you realize. **

**Do not puncture can or try to reuse the can when it is empty. **

**Follow directions carefully so it will keep you safe and not those little pesky critters.****       **

**           This is Made in the USA by S.C. Johnson and Sons, Inc in Wisconsin.**

** **

kills them quick, but i don't know about keeping them away

we had a horrible roach infestation when we moved into a rental house (thanks, previous tenants!). the raid ant and roach spray worked great to kill the roaches on contact--it was instant death, and very gratifying, but didn't really seem to deter them from returning to the same areas.didn't have a strong or offensive odor, easy to use.keep this away from pets, food, and eating areas (hard to do in a kitchen!).

It really does kill roaches dead

from Phoenix, AZ

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

Comments about Raid Ant & Roach Spray:

I didn't use this outside in a garden. I used it to kill roaches during a difficult move out of a roach-infested apartment into a new home while attempting to salvage whatever was still fit to use after roaches infested everything I valued.
      The specific way I used this product was to unpack items that harbored roaches that survived the fumigation I had done beforehand. If they scurried out, I sprayed, and this stuff truly does kill them dead outright, just as commercials show. It's the only thing I have ever seen do this. If you have to take things apart to clean them and see these bugs and spray, you'll get them with this formula. Just be careful of the smell. It might not be so good indoors because of this. I have pets, and had to be sure and use it where they couldn't reach, plus if I handled stuff too soon after using the product, I felt a bit ill. However, it worked and was worth it, and worth every penny to get this and reclaim my stuff from the roaches.

Great Ant Zapper

from TN

Comments about Raid Ant & Roach Spray:

During the summer we had a pretty bad ant problem, no matter how much I cleaned the little monsters still came back. Well, that was until I tried Raid Ant and Roach spray. I sprayed the area around the sink and around the window sill and never saw the little things again, This bug spray is extremely effective for ants.

Easy to use and effective with no more odor than any other spray

from Owensboro, KY

Comments about Raid Ant & Roach Spray:

I've tried a number of ant sprays and find this one of the easiest and most effective ones to use.  It is also a good cost bargain.  You can usually find a can of Raid in my upper cabinet ready for use as needed.  I also find I need to keep some extras around as my daughters, who are in their early 20's, find ants in their homes and must have something to "kill the ants RIGHT NOW" and come to my house to grab a can of spray.  Hey, I like to be a helpful mom.

the best of the best

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Raid Ant & Roach Spray:

RAID! yes this stuff is the best. i have tried so many products that say kills bugs on contact! HMMM when after 5 hours of them walking around? with raid you can bet as soon as you spray the bugs are laid out on their backs. i love raid. wouldnt use anything elese to get rid of those pesky little pests. i swear by raid 100 percent. i have wrote raid numerous times telling them how great i think raid is. yeah it cost a few cents more then other brands but like the oldsaying is you get what you pay for. i prefer to spend the 50 cents more to know i am going to be bug free. so to all of you out there that havent used raid i suggest you go and get a can and see how well raid works. gaurantee you wont buy nothing elese.

Raid Kills Bugs Dead

from Houston, TX

Comments about Raid Ant & Roach Spray:

Raid pest control products are among the best- known manufactured goods of their type and among the different Raid products, the one that gets the most advertising exposure and the one that most people will recognize instantly is the aerosol spray bottle. And of the spray bottle products, the one most frequently purchased is **Raid Ant & Roach Killer**, a powerful, toxic spray that stops bugs dead in their tracks.

**Pest**** Control Commentary:**

Raid Ant & Roach Killer is an effective way to kill bugs instantly and to help prevent some of them from returning to your home. I keep a bottle of this under my kitchen sink at all times to kill bugs when I see them and to spray in areas where I think they might be entering my home. This product is powerful and once bugs are sprayed, they croak instantly. There is no escaping the affects of Raid. It knocks the creepy crawlers out cold, with no chance to survive. I use this mostly to control ants but now that I live in a warmer climate, there are other insect problems to deal with. Often, I have walked into the kitchen and discovered a small army of ants walking off with crumbs of bread or other foods, leaving a trail of food as they walk under the refrigerator and down under the floor. I sometimes find other bugs in the house as well, feasting on leftover food or just making a nuisance of themselves. When this happens, all I do is grab my can of Raid and spray them as they walk toward their escape. They are killed instantly and swiftly. Raid can sometimes help keep bugs from returning, but this isn't something you can count on. If ants are entering, say, through a corner of a window due to a loose screen, you can spray around the edge and prevent them from coming back. But in many instances, finding exactly where the bugs are coming and going is not possible. In these instances, Raid Ant & Roach killer has limited use. It will kill the bugs you can see, but it won't do much to stop ants from returning.  Raid Ant & Roach killer is also effective on roaches and many other creatures. Don't let the name of the product fool you- this stuff contains toxic poison that can kill *any* type of bug. In fact, the label recommends using Raid for eliminating spiders, crickets, silverfish, and waterbugs in addition to ants and roaches. But the truth is, any bug that gets sprayed with this product is going to die. Some might gasp for their last breath of fresh air a little longer than others. But they will succumb to the toxic effects of Raid, sooner or later. While Raid is good for killing bugs instantly, there are a few qualities that prevent it from earning a perfect rating. First of all, let's talk about the smell. The smell is pretty awful and it makes me sneeze if I stand too close to where I spray. Even after returning to the area long after spraying, I can strill smell the product and I still catch myself sneezing. I have the red- label can and even though it is supposedly "Outdoor Fresh Scent", it still smells rather nasty- a combination of chemical aromas and a hint of air freshener. It's supposed to be less offensive then the chemicals alone would be, but it still smells bad to me. There is also a "Country Fresh" scent and a "Fragrance Free" variety. I have not tried either one of them but I think the next one I buy will likely be the fragrance free. Based on the aroma of the Outdoor Fresh scent, I would bet that the Country Fresh is equally repulsive. Another disadvantage of Raid Ant & Roach killer is the clean-up that comes afterward. Once you spray, you are left with a heap of dead insects and an awful, chemical aroma. At this point, you get the pleasure of wiping up the pile of dead bugs. It's a nasty job, but it must be done. Some people spray bugs behind large appliances and just leave them there. It makes for less work, but that pile of Raid- coated dead insects isn't going to disappear. You have to give in and clean them up.

**Bottom Line:** Ants and other pests inevitably make their way into places they are not welcome. With Raid Ant & Roach spray, these little six and eight- legged creatures don't stand a chance to survive. One spray is all it takes to kill these bugs dead and keep them out of your way. Raid knocks ‘em out cold, in a matter of seconds.

Raid-The Knock Em' Out And Knock Em' Dead Formula

** **

Raid Ant & Roach - Works on much more than just ants & roaches

from Little Rock, AR

Comments about Raid Ant & Roach Spray:

This product works!  I usually drench the roaches with this Raid...I guess because I feel like I'm being more effective.  However, the other day, for some reason, I only sprayed a bit on a pretty good sized roach, and it still worked great!  Lately, I keep at least 2 cans handy around my home.

It kills more than just ants and roaches, too.  I've seen it work on both of those, but also on anything else that is an unwanted insect in and around my home--cricket, unidentifyable flying insects, wasps, etc.  And the smaller or more delicate the insect, it seems like less products is required.

I have the Fragrance Free can, but I think it still leaves some sort of smell or fumes in the air.  However, the fumes don't linger for too long.  And if spraying an insect on painted walls, I usually try to wipe the walls off afterwards.  I haven't noticed any long-term wall stains from spraying the Raid on my walls though.

Kills them quick!

from Emmett, ID

Comments about Raid Ant & Roach Spray:

I bought this product when I had a sudden ant infestation in and around my house.  My dad has used this product for years but I never realized how fantastic it worked until I tried it for myself!  It kills the ants instantly so that you don't have to feel bad, because they don't suffer.  It also seems to make it so that the ants don't come back, ruining the scent trail that they left behind them making it so that they won't be able to find their ways back.  Although this product works great it does smell quite awful and does seem to leave a stain.  Although the stain does seem to disappears after a while, which is good.  I would recommend this product to a friend as it does exactly what you want it to.  This brand has also been around for a while and I've found that it also kills box elder bugs well too!  Which is fantastic since I also have a problem with them on the outside of my house.

It works...

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Raid Ant & Roach Spray:

I have lived in my home for over four years. The place had been empty for months, so needless to say we had a rodent problem which was quickly resolved. I never did I imagine I'd have to deal with a roach problem. Now I find out my neighbors have been bombing their house for the past two weeks.

Recently upon entering my kitchen I have noticed that there are roaches in the cabinets and under the fridge. Ugh it's enough to make me move. But I digress.

I got on the move immediately and bought a can of Raid Ant & Roach spray. It works really well. I sprayed it all around the inside and out side of my kitchen. At the baseboards, in the cabinets, under the sink and refrigerator, outside the the door and window and in every crack and crevis I could find. I have noticed few living ones but the are carcases in the floors. It has been about a week and it still seems to be working.

It kills on contact. Which is good. Because I can clean it up rigth away. It advertises an outdoor fresh scent, but that's not true. Bug spray is bug spray. I smells no matter what. I have found it goos for killing wasp nests as well. The spout has long range shooting, for safety. The raid is nicely priced.

It spray quite evenly. It doesn't seem to be real messy. I like that, makes life much better for me. The scent is strong so be careful not to inhale fumes. You definately want to put away pets while spraying and keep the kiddies out of the way too. Not necessarily in that order. (smile)

I hope you never have to use it. If you do it's worth the money.

Worked great for a week!

from Plattsburgh, NY

Comments about Raid Ant & Roach Spray:

I had black ants in my house, and the ant traps weren't cutting it.   I purchased this and sprayed it around the entrances inside and around the doorways outside.  The ants were gone completely for about a week, but they did come back.  I sprayed again and have only found a couple here and there.  It doesn't work for 3 months, but even if it works for a week, it's a good product to me.

One con- it made me cough quite a bit, and I don't have sensitive lungs or breathing problems.