3.7
Other Knives & Cutleries:
Home and Garden Websites, Computers and Electronics Websites

Bad Business Model

A Quill representative came to our office with her sales pitch about their office equipment. She was young, eager, friendly and a bit nervous. She really, really pushed for me to sign up on the spot. I asked her to email me some information. The representatives don't have email addresses because they only do business face-to-face. I asked for her business card, so I could research things and contact her if I wanted to move forward. They don't do business cards because it is not safe and some of the people she meets are creepy. I asked if she could come back next week, giving me time to do my due diligence. She isn't able to return because she is only in town for one day. What kind of business model is this?

Northern Kentucky

false

Worst e-commerce experience ever

Simply their system is just troubled - made an order (paid w CC) which then disappeared, then item was out of stock, waited weeks, Quill required an other payment, item never arrived. Had to actively pursue to cancell the nighmare after 3 weeks of struggle...

San Carlos

false

Random mix of office supplies

I first went to Quill.com looking for paper and ink for a printer, expecting them to have normal office supplies. But they have taken office supplies to a whole new level. Buying paper clips and manila envelopes has never gotten me excited, but when I can shop for other office necessities that Staples doesn't have (such as coffee and snacks!), it makes the experience much more exciting. Product Selection My favorite thing about this site is being able to shop for all office necessities (including food) in one place. Shipping and Returns Free shipping is offered on orders of $25 or more, which is lower than many other sites. I have found it easier to reach this plateau thanks to their wide selection of products. If I'm simply buying a pack of envelopes or a ream or two of paper, I would need to pay shipping. But when I can throw in things like coffee filters and cookies that I can buy elsewhere, it helps me reach the $25 plateau and be able to save on shipping.

USA

Quill.com

I use this website to order office supplies for the company I work for. They have great prices, a little lower or around the same prices as their competitors. They deliver everything to you, and the delivery is fast. There is a person that will unload from their delivery truck, bring it to your home/office and unload it where you ask them to. They are very friendly, and the customer service department is wonderful. I have had to return/exchange a few things several times, and there is no hassle to do this. I am very happy with this company and would highly recommend it to anyone that has to order office supplies. Ease of Use The website is very easy to use. Product Selection Lots of products to choose from. Product Pricing Great prices. Customer Service They are very friendly and helpful with whatever you may need. Shipping and Returns The shipping is fast, and the delivery person is very friendly. The returns/exchange process is very easy to do and is hassle free.

USA

Best Prices on Dunder Mifflin and Home Office Supplies

I have been in the position to order office supplies for both home and small businesses and Quill.com offers the best prices on the most often used supplies, like copy paper and ink. They keep their prices competitive, and I have found that the quality of the Quill branded products is top-notch. Every penny counts when you are running a business or a household. Quill.com offers free shipping on every order, every day. They also offer fun brand name gifts, like Dooney and Burke bags, or Cake Boss baking tools, when you purchase certain things, and you can always find some surprising thing that you didn't even know you wanted in their clearance and sale departments. I often find things for the classroom and my students at excellent prices. If you're a fan of The Office, you'll be interested to know that you can purchase Dunder Mifflin paper supplies from Quill.com. Seriously.

Boynton Beach, FL

true

Has some good deals for home and office supplies

Although Quill.com is advertised as an office supply store or website, many of these same supplies can be used by people in their homes such as basic kitchen and bathroom supplies. Quill often has discounts for coffee or paper towels for example. The only downside is that you often have to buy things in bulk because it is packaged for an office so it is expected to be for a larger number of people. This can be a pro or con depending on the deal and type of product that is on sale. You also sometimes have to spend a certain amount, for example $50, in order to get free shipping. So it's definitely not for someone who just wants to buy a single item in a small quantity. But if you like to buy things in bulk and can find some items that you need, Quill.com is great when there are deals. I haven't had problems with any of my orders and received them as expected. I don't order from them often, but would recommend them.

San Diego, CA

true

Great place to buy paper towels!

When you think of Quill, you mainly think of office supplies such as paper, pens, boxes, etc. However, I was able to find a good deal on paper towels and toilet paper a few times. After all, every office bathroom needs paper towels and toilet paper too right? Their prices are just average on a daily basis for these paper products, but it is a good deal when they go on sale. Furthermore, they have free shipping on every order, no matter how small! That's incredible, especially when you don't want to make such a large order just to fulfill a certain threshold to get free shipping. Other websites charge a lot for shipping of paper towels and toilet paper because the package is so large. Otherwise, you would have to order a certain amount just to get free shipping. I got my order very quickly, within 2 business days after ordering so I was pleasantly surprised. Usually free shipping usually translates to slow shipping.

Chino, CA

One of the best

I have to say that I have been ordering office supplies from Quill and Quill dot com for many many years now. Probably a good fifteen years I have been a customer and they have really never let me down. I actually started purchasing from Quill office supplies when it was just a catalog company and I had not even discovered them on the internet yet. I worked in a small law office and this is where we ordered all of our supplies. The one thing I love about Quill and Quill dot com is that they actually carry more than just office supplies such as paper and envelopes and pens but they have everything from cleaning supplies to kitchen supplies and coffee room supplies. They have energy thing you need for the bathroom. They even have snacks and stuff for the break room. They have ways been very reliable and I still use them to this day. I always get my order when promised. This is a great company and I plan to use them for years to come.

Undisclosed

Quill is ok sometimes

My work has an account with Quill, so we can purchase from them and have it billed to us - which is not usual for an online office supply company like this. The customer service team calls us every once in a while to see if we're ok, and we get fantastic coupons from time to time that makes all the difference in whether we use quill or some other service. Most of the time, the items are shipped very quickly. Back-ordered items are reported to us accurately, with great time estimates. What I like is the customer reviews sections and the descriptions. Also, the navigation on this site is very easy. What I don't like are the base prices - you have to order a lot of quantities to get the kind of prices that I can sometimes find in amazon.com or ebay - if the prices come close to comparing at all. I have to say, though, that the paper colors are as described, and what you get is what you see.

Alexandria, OH

Quill.com

Three years ago I started ordering my office and school supplies from Quill.com to get faster home delivery in a residential area. I found Quill.com to be very competitive in comparison to Staples and Office Depot. The website is very easy to navigate and they do offer a lot of private label products that are of great value. Typically once you place an order with Quill.com the order is shipped within 24 to 48 hours. Quill.com has a reputable reputation in the business community and I would highly recommend them for the small business person. In recent years Quill.com has increased the electronic technology department to offer a variety of brand name manufacturer. This past spring I order a laser printer and laptop from Quill.com at a great sale price. The customer service department is able to chat with you online to answer any question you may have about a product.

Newburgh, NY