4.8
Other Bakewares:
Bread & Loaf Pans, Cake Pans
Pyrex
Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes (Various sizes)

Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes (Various sizes)

4.8

Pros

Cons

Glass is the best!!

I love this Pyrex glass baking dish. I have had it forever and it still performs like a new one. In my opinion, almost anything baked in a glass dish just tastes better. I have made roasts, cakes, brownies, homemade hot rolls, to name a few. I don't fry anything anymore, so I have to rely on good baking dishes to help me accomplish the job as simple as possible while preserving the taste. This pan will go from the oven, to the refrigerator when it has cooled off a bit and back to the oven if leftovers need to be heated again in this same pan.

This glass pan has a cover which I think I purchased separately. The lids are universal however so if the size is the same, the lid will fit. The fact that it has a lid cuts down on plastic wrap or aluminum foil that I would have to buy.

It cleans well with an sos pad if there is burned on food. It comes sparkling clean when placed in the dishwasher.

I highly recommend this glass baking dish.

It is Pyrex, but it's a strange size

I was given a piece of Pyrex bakeware that appears to be a 9 by 13 cake pan. All it says on the bottom is "three quart". It looks like the standard Pyrex cake pan in every way, except it is about an inch longer than my non-Pyrex 9 by 13 pans and about an inch narrower and a little shallower. It works just like any other piece of Pyrex bakeware, which basically means to me that it cooks a little hot (have to turn down the temperature about 25 degrees) and it requires the use of cooking spray or it will stick. I love that I can stick it in the dishwasher without worrying about the finish. But due to its weird size, it won't fit in my large toaster over (like my other 9 by 13 pans) and it won't even go into my microwave because it is a hair too long (and it is a pretty big microwave), which is distressing because Pyrex is so perfect for use in the microwave. And it has no lid, so requires foil, like most Pyrex bakeware. Basically, because of its weird size, I only choose it to thaw meat in or when all my other 9 by 13 pans are in use or when I am certain I won't want a lid later, like for a frosted cake that only needs to be loosely covered anyway. Yet I just can't get myself to get rid of it because its Pyrex. So my advice is that if you are in the market for a glass-type cake pan and you are interested in Pyrex, be sure to measure the pan before you by it to be certain it is in fact a 9 by 13 cake pan.

Works as expected for Pyrex.

Works fine when sprayed.

It has never chipped or cracked after many years, but I do baby my stuff. It does fine in the dishwasher.

Love that it has "handles" to make it easier to lift, but that adds to the problem of not fitting into the microwave.

Doesn't Stick
Works just fine if it is sprayed with cooking spray or oiled.

Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes - safe to use

from Texas

Comments about Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes (Various sizes):

Pyrex glass can be placed in a oven, used to store things in a fridge and it can be used in a freezer. The best thing as far as I am concerned is baking in these dishes. These come in a wide array of sizes and make a wonderful gift for brides to be.

Everything from casseroles to cakes can be prepared in these pans. If you need to take a covered dish to a pot luck these pans always look new and inviting or if you have food left and want to store it, the seal tight, leak proof lids makes storage of food easy. They are reasonable priced, stay new looking.

The glass containers are over-safe, they don't warp, stain or absorb odors. and the lids are microwaveable and can be placed on the top shelf of dishwashers..

They are reasonably priced, They don't rust like the metal pans, they stay new looking, and they make food look more appetizing. They come in all different sizes, shapes.

These baking dishes are available in so many different sizes and shapes. I love that they continue to look new. and because the heat is distributed, everything cooked in them browns evenly.

Doesn't Stick
I use a pre-cooking spray on the glass dishes that I am baking in just like I would a metal pan. These pans are so easy to clean. Hot soapy water and clean up is a breeze.

Pretty good all-around

from Utah

Comments about Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes (Various sizes):

We have several Pyrex glass baking dishes (mostly variations of 9x13 and 8x8). They are good all-around, multi-purpose use baking dishes. We use them for things like brownies, fries, breakfast casseroles, cakes, and baked dinner dishes.

One of the downsides of these baking dishes is that they can be pretty tough to clean. A lot of food bakes onto them, especially around the edges. Cakes and brownies can leave dried crumbs as the rest of them are being eaten. Soaking can loosen a lot of these, but they can still take a good bit of scrubbing. Cooking spray (for fries or cakes) can spread up above the food and bake on very hard. Our pyrex baking dishes have dried on cooking spray that will not come off no matter what we have tried to do. It doesn't really hurt anything, but it also doesn't look good.

Doesn't Stick
These are not non-stick on their own, but we use cooking spray or butter for most things that might stick, and that works to avoid sticking.

• Doesn't Stick:

Pyrex makes an awesome baking dish.

from Delray Beach, FL

Comments about Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes (Various sizes):

After using a Pyrex dish I never went regular baking pans. I used to make dinner in a regular baking pan as well cakes, pies, etc. Once I discovered Pyrex it literally changed my Baking World.

Outstanding. It repeatedly performs wonderfully. It is really easy to use and to clean. The size is terrific as the one I have holds a meal for approximately 7 people.

Extremely easy to clean. I have to mention I use a spray before cooking out of habit. I've used the dish without and it cleans great as well. The spray I find gives it a slightly extra boost.

Very durable. I have had it for approximately fives years now and it show no sign of wearing out.

I love the design as the shape is perfect for my dinner parties for the amount of people I usually have over.

Doesn't Stick
There is no sticking at all. It dishes out quite nicely. I must add as per my mention of it above, I do use the spray so that adds in the ease of dishing out the food. But again, I have dished out without the spray and it is fine too.

• Doesn't Stick:

Great dishes but the lids do not hold up well

Comments about Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes (Various sizes):

Pyrex baking dishes are an essential part of any kitchen. They are virtually unbreakable and cook food evenly when they are used in the oven. The feature that attracted me the most about this set of baking dishes was that there was a reusable lid for each dish. I am environmentally conscious, and I try to minimize the amount of waste that I generate in my household. I liked that the lids gave an airtight seal and appeared to be made of sturdy plastic. These lids fit well the first time I used them, but I started to encounter problems with the lids fitting after I washed them in the dishwasher. The lids seemed to warp slightly and it was very difficult to get an airtight fit. It was almost like the plastic of the lids shrunk a little but which made the lid almost fit on the pyrex dish but not quite. I still use the pyrex dishes on a regular basis but I no longer use the lids. The concept is a great one. I think the lids just need to be clearly marked that they should only be washed by hand.

• Doesn't Stick:

Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes - the best money can buy!

Comments about Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes (Various sizes):

In my opinion, Pyrex is the King of bake ware. My mum still has the Pyrex bowls she cooked with when we were growing up and I have had mine for at least 20 years. They are so durable, versatile and heavy duty. I like the way Pyrex inform you of the dimensions on the bottom of each dish, that way, I don't have to get out my measuring tape just to find that 9 x 13 inch baking dish my recipe calls for. It is a good idea to grease the inside of the dish before using, whether the recipe calls for it or not, as this does help with clean up. On the occasion I have forgotten to grease the insides of the dish or just didn't have time, I just needed to soak in hot soapy water for an easy clean up. I love the fact that you can heat in the microwave or oven, (reheat too) and also freeze foods successfully, just so long as allow for appropriate cooling time. I once made the mistake of placing a shepherds pie, which had not totally cooled down, into the freezer too soon, and it cracked. With this exception, Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes really do last a whole generation.

• Doesn't Stick:

Convenient way to bake and store food in the same container

Comments about Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes (Various sizes):

I am always looking for ways to save time and dishes when I'm making foods. The Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes are one of the best ways to save cleaning time in the kitchen. These dishes are safe for baking in the oven, and then they transfer perfectly to the refrigerator. Any leftovers you may have in your Pyrex Glass Baking Dish you can store in the same container. Once the food has cooled, you can just place the plastic lid on the container. When you are ready to eat the leftovers, you can place them in the microwave or oven to heat them up.

These dishes are really easy to wash. You can place both the glass portion and the plastic lid in the dishwasher. Also, if you wash them by hand they get clean relatively easily. Food tends to be easy to get off the glass container, and it doesn't really stick to the surface.

These are really easy to clean because you can just put them in the dishwasher.

Pyrex glass dishes

Comments about Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes (Various sizes):

I have tried lots of different baking dishes, off brands and name brands. None have held up like my pyrex! I love that they come with the lids too so I don't have to mess with trying to get a tight seal with foil or transferring food to a tupperware container.

Everything I've ever made in my pyrex has come out great. Even baking, no cold or hot spots.

I just the other day made a pasta dish. I washed the dish today as we had leftovers and the baked on sauce and noodles literally came right off. I used no non-stick spray either! I haven't put mine in the dishwasher yet so I can't comment there but hand washing these are a breeze.

I am a short woman and my dishes are kept up high. I have to reach up to get my pyrex down and they do bump into the other stuff in there. So far not a scratch, ding, or dent to be found.

Very nice design and I love the matching lids!

Doesn't Stick
I have made brownies, cakes, lasagnas, other pasta dishes, and so many other things. My dish always cleans extremely well and the food does not stick. First time I made brownies I was amazed at how easily they lifted up.

• Doesn't Stick:

The first baking dish I ever used

Comments about Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes (Various sizes):

My mom bought me one of these 8 inch baking dishes when I first moved out seven years ago. I still have that dish now and many more sizes. I use these dishes for everything. Some foods will stick easy, but I usually use cooking spray to prevent that. I did have one dish that I threw away because it was cracked, but it was bought that way and I didn't notice it in the store. These dishes are very easy to clean and will last years as long as you take good care of them.

• Doesn't Stick:

Long time favorite for baking dishes!

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes (Various sizes):

I have always loved to use Pyrex baking dishes of various sizes! They are a wonderful way to cook and bake and have always been a trusted brand and very durable products. They cook and bake very evenly. They are so easy to clean,although I usually soak it with hot and soapy water to make it even easier.

The performance is excellent! They bake and cook very evenly and I love the fact that they are clear and you can see the food. When you check to see how it is cooking, you can see the whole dish.

They are so very easy to clean. Just pour some dish detergent and hot water in the baking dish and let it soak for a little while. Then you can wipe it with a sponge and rinse it and you are done.

They are very durable and mine have lasted for a long time. I don't even remember when I bought the ones that I have, but I do know that I have had them for years.

I like the look and design and they have always been a classic,never goes out of style.

Doesn't Stick
The food never sticks and I like that fact. So easy to serve and clean.

Love these products

Comments about Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes (Various sizes):

We first received a Pyrex set of cake pans as a wedding present. They have the rubber lids that fit tight on the tops. We LOVE these. I do not use any metal bakeware anymore. Glass pans seem to perform so much better in my oven. More even baking and bottoms don't turn out as brown. I am looking forward to trying more product from Pyrex.

I use a lot of cooking spray with these pans, but I pretty much stick them directly in the dishwasher after use. I do not pre-rinse or scrap a whole lot beforehand, and they usually come out clean.

Much better durability than the old metal pans. I can scrap and scratch at these pans without having to worry about chipping the finish like you do with the old metal pans.

I love the lids that go with my cake pans. They fit nice and tight. This is very nice for keeping things fresh or for transporting dishes to potlucks or parties.

Doesn't Stick
Cooking spray is a must, but if you use it, they do well.