3.3
Puritan's Pride
Puritan's Pride Retinol Cream

Puritan's Pride Retinol Cream

3.3

one of the few creams that clears my skin!

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Puritan's Pride Retinol Cream:

Puritan's Pride Retinol Cream has been one of the few creams that has cleared up my skin. I attribute this mostly to the mega dose of vitamin A in it. I have combination, sensitive skin (allergy prone skin) with acne. Since using this cream regularly my face has been much clearer and less irritated. I have not had any issue with blocked pores, though it's thick enough that I only use it once a day. It smells good, has a slightly thick consistency and is cool and soothing. It has also been one of the few moisturizing creams in my regimen that has ever worked. Thumbs up and the price can't be beat.

Saty away from mineral oil in face cream, blocks pores!

from Patchogue, NY

Comments about Puritan's Pride Retinol Cream:

I tried a lot of cream and made a lot of study over the years, all the creams containing mineral oil shouldn't be used, it blocks the pores so the good nutriments in the cream can not be absorbed. So mineral oil and glycerine stay away!

I LOVE my Retinol Cream

from Ya'll, TX

Comments about Puritan's Pride Retinol Cream:

Puritan's Pride Retinol Cream is the best face cream I have ever used, personally.  I love the texture and the way it softens my skin.  It has a medium/thick texture without being oily.  The fragrance is very pleasant.  We sometimes order vitamins from Puritan's Pride and I first ordered a small jar of this, then ordered the very large jar recently.  I wear it alone, since I don't care for face makeup.

Here are the ingredients, as listed on my jar:

Water, Propylene Glycol, Cocos Nucifera (coconut) oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Mineral Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Myristate, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Yellow 10.

**Some** of these ingredients may not appeal to everyone, I just know that it helps my skin from what I can tell.  I have normal/combination skin.  It does not say on the jar, but I **DO** hope none of the ingredients are tested on animals.  If for some reason I found out that wasn't true, I would quit using it and look for something else.  I just hope it's not.

I'm glad I bought the 8 ounce jar and I use it only once a day.  I probably should use it twice a day, but it seems to work with just one application per day.  You can purchase it on their website at Puritan.com or through their mail order vitamin catalog like I did.

I love the fact that is has Retinol in it, since my skin was problem-prone as a teen/young adult and I had to be put on a prescription of Retin-A, which I used for many years.  Since then, I've found out that Retinol is also an anti-aging ingredient, from what I have read.  You will need a sunscreen, however if you go out in the sun.  This cream never irritates my skin.