4.1
Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15

Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15

4.1

A Great Quick Fix!!!

I am a very busy mother of three - Irish triplets to be exact. Time is definitely of essence when it comes to planning my day and making sure I look great doing what I have to do (running errands, working, etc.). With the demands of life as a wife, mommy, and professional, time is definitely a prime factor. When it comes to looking GREAT and getting a wonderful face on FAST - Pur Minerals 4 in 1 Pressed Mineral Makeup/Foundation is where it is!

Here are the benefits of Pur Minerals 4 in 1 Pressed Mineral Makeup/Foundation:

- Does not contain harsh chemical dyes, alcohol, fragrance or preservatives.

- 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation includes titanium and zinc, which provide an all-natural barrier from the elements.

- Easy to use without the traditional mess of other makeup products (No smudging!)

- Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation is good for every skin type and condition, from oily skin to dry, mature types.

The 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup Foundation is truly a one-minute mineral makeup miracle! Pur Minerals 4 in 1 Pressed Mineral Makeup/Foundation also includes application facial sponge.

And...a plus for African Americans with blemishes: Pur mineral makeup foundation is pure mineral pigment ground to the smoothest texture and bound with organic shea butter and vitamin E. Vitamin E helps to smooth out your skin tone!! This is definitely a win-win buy!

Pur Minerals is good, but nothing spectacular.

When I used up all of my [Sephora Double Mineral Compact Foundation][1] , I looked for a replacement online. I decided to try something new and ordered a Pur Minerals cosmetics kit from Ulta.com. The kit contained a pressed mineral foundation, pressed mineral blush (Marble Powder) and a bronzer (Mineral Glow). I have only used the foundation so far, and it's just okay.

**Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15 **does not contain any parabens, petroleum-based oil, talc, fillers, fragrance or artificial colors. It is not tested on animals and is made in the USA.

I chose the color "Light", and it matches my complexion nicely since I have fair skin. The brush included in the kit was horrible, so I use my own [Mineral Fusion Kabuki Brush][2] . The mineral foundation is a pressed powder, so there's no mess like there is with loose powder foundation. The 4-in-1 features are: foundation, powder, concealer and SPF 15. I would agree with the powder and SPF 15, but it is NOT a concealer and the coverage the "foundation" provides is light to medium.

I love the fact that it contains SPF 15 and has natural ingredients, but I'm a little bummed with the light coverage. I do like the fact that the powder is matte and doesn't make my skin shine like BareEscentuals does. It also doesn't accentuate my pores like BareEscentuals does. I use it mainly as a powder, so I'm not really getting my money's worth, but if you're looking for a pressed mineral foundation that provides minimal coverage, you will like this.

** **

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Sephora-Mineral-Double-Compact-Foundation-SPF10-All-Shades-review-cea83
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Mineral-Fusion-Kabuki-Brush-review-962d3

Good Coverage Mineral Powder

from Virginia

Comments about Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15:

I am always trying new brands of makeup and still to this day have not found the perfect mineral makeup but Pur Minerals 4-in-1 pressed mineral makeup did meet my expectations. I ordered the travel size primer and foundation and it came with a great brush. I am used to loose mineral makeup and had to get used to applying this powder without wasting it. The brush that Pur Minerals provides is the key to applying this powder. I bought the lightest shade and it matched my fair skin almost perfect. I like that this makeup provides SPF for skin protection and it honestly feels very light on the skin. Now my kit came with their primer and when I used the 4-in-1 on top of the primer I was not happy with how old my skin appeared. I could see every line in my face and I'm only 33, and I honestly looked like I had caked my makeup on. When I tried this makeup without the primer on plain moisturized skin, my skin had a natural appearance to it and I had a full coverage look without the caked on makeup look. I like this makeup but for the price I prefer another company but if the price of this makeup dropped I would consider using it more often.

Not better than Bareminerals, Not worse than Bareminerals

Comments about Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15:

I purchased the Pur Minerals 4 - in - 1 pressed mineral powder at Kohls because it seemed similar to Bareminerals loose powder. The price was about the same too.
I did like that it seemed to give me a more flawless look. I love the brush that comes with it, I think that helped give my face a more flawless look. I do like that it is a pressed powder, not as messy as a loose powder, but I have not yet tried Bare Minerals pressed powder, so I do not know how they compare.
I haven't stopped using Bare Minerals, that first initial love for their products is still there, but I do like to use Pur Minerals to change up the routine. When I bought the Pur Minerals beginner kit it included the 4-in-1 pressed mineral powder, a bronzer, face primer, mascara, and the brush. I was not impressed with the bronzer, the face primer seemed to do what it was suppose to, but I was impressed with the mascara.

Pur Minerals a Good Foundation but Not Enough Coverage for Me

Comments about Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15:

I used Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup for several years. It seemed to work well on my skin and I loved the fact that it has an SPF. I very rarely needed extra sunscreen, at least for normal daily use. The shade selection was wonderful as they had quite a few shades to select from in order to get a shade that matched my skin color. During the time that I used it, I actually switched between two different shades. The problem that I had with it was that for me it just was not quite enough coverage. I tend to like a lot of coverage without having to spend a lot of time to do it. Therefore I switched to a creme-to-powder after this which gives me more of the coverage that I am looking for. Also, the price of Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup was just a little too high for me. I switched to a makeup that wouldn't cost me quite as much. Overall, it's a good product that's a little pricey and personal didn't give me quite the coverage I was looking for.

Great coverage for a mineral make up

Comments about Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15:

I ordered Pur Minerals foundation on a bit of a whim, just to try it out. I wasn't thrilled with the coverage from other mineral make ups that I had been using. I have acne prone skin, so I need something that offers good coverage to even out my skin tone. Once I tried Pur Minerals, I was pretty thrilled with how well it covered the unevenness in my skin. I didn't have to use a lot to get good coverage either. And a little bit of make up tends to go a long way, so I don't seem to run out as quickly as I did with other brands. It also lasts throughout the day. I'm not constantly worried about needing to touch it up, which makes life a bit easier.

My only real complaint is that it seems to dry my skin out a bit more than other brands I've used. But, if I stay well hydrated and and moisturized it's not that bad.

I do wish it cost a bit less because I hate spending that much money on foundation, but after using it for a few months I really feel that it is worth it to me.

Pur Minerals is good, but nothing spectacular.

from Camp Lejeune, NC

** **

[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Mineral-Fusion-Kabuki-Brush-review-962d3

A Great Quick Fix!!!

from Marietta, GA

Here are the benefits of Pur Minerals 4 in 1 Pressed Mineral Makeup/Foundation:

- Does not contain harsh chemical dyes, alcohol, fragrance or preservatives.

Pur Minerals 4 in 1 Pressed Mineral Makeup clears my skin!

from Stuart, FL

Comments about Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15:

Let me start by saying I have been using Pur Minerals for over 2 years and I have never found anything that clears my problem skin so well and covers any hormonal pimples that still pop up on me from time to time. It covers clear and dry and leaves my skin with no shine, which is awesome! The only issue I have had with the 4 in 1 pressed foundation is that you can use a lot very quickly and if you're not careful, you can be replacing the foundation every two weeks (for the smaller version) to 1 month for the larger version. It is best to apply this makeup by hand with a makeup sponge as you will use 2 to 3 times the amount with a cosmetic brush. I'm not sure why this is exactly, but it seems to be that when you use a brush, you lose a lot of the powder before it actually makes it to your skin. All in all, this is a great product which can help if you have oily or problem skin and don't want to clog it up with those awful liquid foundations!

Easy, mess-free mineral foundation application

from Huntsville, AL

Comments about Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15:

I love mineral foundation, but hate the mess of the loose powder.  When I discovered this foundation I hit the jack pot!  I love the ease of application with this foundation.  The product goes on with ease.  I have some discoloration on my cheeks from aging I believe (I'm black with freckles, lol) that I prefer to cover and this product does the trick.  I can't tell I'm wearing foundation.  The only con is that it does rub off pretty easily.  This does cause an issue for me from time to time, but I apply after I put on my shirt and just try to avoid touching my face.  I haven't figured out what to do about the cell phone yet, lol.

My compact came with a sponge only.  Fortunately I already had a really nice brush.  I don't like using this product with the included sponge.

Pur minerals is the perfect foundation.

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15:

I love Pur minerals foundation it is easy and fast to apply. It also matches my skin tone great. I hate spending too much time putting on my makeup in the morning. It also looks natural and its not harsh on your skin. Before i used it i had breakouts because i would wear foundation all day, now that doesnt happen anymore. It is a little pricey but i think its worth the money if your dont have to worry about how your look all day we all have other things to do all day.

Mineral Makeup without the mess

from Marlton, NJ

Comments about Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF 15:

I love mineral makeup-I find it makes my skin tone look much better and not as splotchy. The problem-the powder gets everywhere. Everywhere! On my clothes, all over the bathroom-frankly it's a big mess. Pur Minerals has solved this-its mineral makeup that is pressed in a compact.  Being in a compact is much easier-I can apply it in the car or on-the-go without worrying about ruining my clothes or spilling most of it.

This has the same coverage as Bare Escentuals-actually I'm fair and the light color matchs my skin color even better but it covers the same.   It's billed as being a concealer, powder, and SPF 15 protection all in one. Sometimes I still use concealer for under-eye circles, if I'm going out i still apply powder to set the look, and I always apply sunscreen underneath the makeup.  However, most of the time you can apply this as your only makeup.

I've noticed many reviews mention the chisel brush-I don't use the chisel brush to apply this but instead use the brushes from Bare Escentuals. The chisel brush applies too much product in my opinion.

One other consideration is the price. For those not used to mineral makeup, the price can seem high. However, Pur Minerals is priced comparable to other mineral makeups like Bare Escentuals and since you're not spilling it all over it lasts longer.