Other Rice Cookers & Steamers:

Proctor Silex 10-Cup Rice Cooker 37533

Pros

Cons

GREAT RICE COOKER

I really enjoy using our rice cooker. It is easy to use. Put in the rice and water. Put on the lid. Plug in the rice cooker and push down on the button to start the cooker. It takes about twenty minutes from start to finish. When the rice has finished cookinig the cooker automatically goes into the warm mode. To shut the cooker off, unplug the cooker. Sometimes I use the cooker in the morning to make rice with cinnamon and sugar. Other times I use the cooker to make rice for different types of meals.There are alot of different types of rices cookers out there, but I believe most of them basically have the same concept when using them.

It is alot easier than cooking rice on the stove and having to make sure that it doesn't burn on the bottom or it has too much water and doesn't cook well. I do not like to use instant rice. It does not taste the same as cooked rice.

I would definitely recommend the **proctor silex MODEL 37533 RICE COOKER.**

Stopped working after four uses

I bought this rice cooker for my fiance for his birthday. I had read some good reviews, so I was excited. The first time we used it, it worked fine. The instructions were easy and the ratio that they provided of rice to water worked perfectly in the machine. The rice was fully cooked in about thirty minutes. However, the second time we used it (following the exact same directions), the rice was hard and we had to put it on for longer. The time wasn't as clear and the rice ended up burning. The third time was about the same. The fourth time, we flipped on the switch to cook it, came back 30 minutes later to uncooked rice. The lights worked, but the cooker itself did not. We returned it and ended up getting a different rice cooker. I'm not sure if it was just the cooker we had, but I didn't want to risk having it not work again. On the plus side, I found it pretty easy to clean. The first batch of rice tasted good and it's fairly easy to use.

Fluffy rice!

Comments about Proctor Silex 10-Cup Rice Cooker 37533:

I have had this Proctor Silex 10-Cup Rice Cooker 37533 37533 for over two years now and had no problem till date. My husband and I are rice lovers and are happy to have it every other day. I usually cook a cup on uncooked rice for a time. This cooker really comes in handy when I am in a hurry and have no time to stand on the stove to keep an eye on rice being cooked. I throw everything in the rice cooker and let it cook, and finish off my other stuff in the mean time. It has a nonstick, removable bowl that is dishwasher safe as well, but I end up hand washing this bowl. The only thing wrong with this cooker is, it actually doesn't cook 10 regular cups of rice. Perhaps some smaller cup is used in the measurement, but I hadn't have a problem with that as I never cook more than three cups of rice. It is fine with me till the time I have to cook more than this. I love the way it detects the rice is done and switches over to warm setting. I recommend this product and would buy it again if it ever dies.

Simple But Decent Rice Cooker

Comments about Proctor Silex 10-Cup Rice Cooker 37533:

This rice cooker is very simple in design and is really only designed to cook rice. The operation is quite simple because it only has a "cook" and "keep warm" function. It cooks rice evenly for the most part, however, I've noticed that from time to time the rice will be overcooked and tough at the bottom or some raw grains will be left in the middle. Additionally, this cooker is not very durable. It fell off a counter once (while empty, thankfully) and didn't work properly again afterwards. Because this cooker is so cheap, it can be replaced quite easily, and for the price it does what is expected. As other reviewers have noted, it is somewhat difficult to clean this cooker because the parts are so integrated that it can't be "unpacked" to give a thorough cleaning. Overall I'd suggest this cooker for anyone who wants a basic machine that doesn't take up too much space and can be cheaply purchased.

Perfect and simple

from Edina, MN

Comments about Proctor Silex 10-Cup Rice Cooker 37533:

The Proctor Silex 10-cup Rice Cooker 37533 is a nice addition to your kitchen. I have used mine for a few years now. I love that you can make a quick pot of rice and know that it is going to turn out and not stick together. It keeps it warm when it is done and that is nice as well. You can make a few cups or up to 10 and that is nice as well as you can plan accordingly for guests or for a family meal. It is easy to clean and upkeep and it lasts. You can get one for a great price and it is simple to use and great for beginners cooks. It is great for anyone and at a price that is affordable to pretty much everyone.

Great performance and simple to use. Rice comes out great!

Super easy to clean. You just pop out the inside metal part and you are set.

Easy to use, anyone can do it. Even a child could cook rice here.

I have had mine for at least 4 years, so, so far so good.

The design is simple and you don't need anything else as long as the rice comes out fine.

Reasonably priced product

from NA

Comments about Proctor Silex 10-Cup Rice Cooker 37533:

I purchased the Proctor Silex 10-Cup Rice Cooker two years back from a supermarket. It is an imported brand and makes 10 cups of cooked rice very fast. The price of this product is very reasonable and I am glad I purchased this rice cooker as it has been working well till date. It is very easy to use this rice cooker and I have used this cooker to cook long brown rice and lentils as well. I am able to wash this rice cooker in my dishwasher and it is very easy to wipe the interior part of the cooker as it has a nonstick removable bowl. I have never found any uncooked rice and all the grains of rice come out perfectly cooked and the taste is amazing.

The best part of this cooker is that it does not have any advanced settings or features that other rice cookers have but still it manages to stand out in terms of its quality and operation. However, there is no switch to turn the product ON and to turn it OFF due to which I have to monitor it continuously and I cannot multitask.

Tough little pot

Comments about Proctor Silex 10-Cup Rice Cooker 37533:

I have had this little guy for a very long time now and it is still going strong and still works great. Still looks brand new because it doesnt take much to clean it out. It is so easy to clean and wipe away the food inside. I use this to make nice fluffy white rice. You can add ingridients to your rice or you can even make other recipes in here. But i use this only to make my rice so it doesnt smell or anything. So far so good and we love it and we love our rice! The design is nice too, especially the nonstick interior is what makes this easy to cleanup. It doesnt take up much space in the kitchen, so you even leave this out on your countertop if you use it often, but i put it away when i'm finished using it. And also its perfect for smaller families or smaller meals, i like this better than those more expensive delux 10 to 20 cup modernized rice cookers out there. this does the job and does it well.

Proctor makes great rice everytime.

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Proctor Silex 10-Cup Rice Cooker 37533:

I received the Proctor Silex 10 Cup Rice Cooker as a Christmas gift a couple years ago. I have been using it twice a week for the past 2 years. Tonight's rice came out every bit as perfect as the batches made when I got it. It comes with a measuring scoop so you can have accurate ratio of rice to water. All you have to do is add the water, rice, snap on the lid, turn it on, and just wait. Rice always comes out perfectly every single time I use it. One of the things I noticed is that the rice cooker doesn't hold 10 ounces of rice. It holds at most 5 ounces of rice. This is false advertisement, but I'm the only one who uses this cooker so it's no big deal to me. This cooker wouldn't be suitable for a family of 3 or more. This cooker is pretty durable and should last a long time with proper care. There will be some scratch marks and maybe some discoloration around the lid, but nothing that will make you discard it. I would definitely recommend The Proctor Silex 10 Cup Rice Cooker to anyone who's in the market for a quality rice cooker.

Lots of rice!

from Kingsford, MI

Comments about Proctor Silex 10-Cup Rice Cooker 37533:

This works well, I started making a lot of rice to mix with my dogs food (as well as for myself) so I wanted something easy (and cheap) and this is both. It's very easy and it's cheaper than most rice cookers/makers out there. I think for the price it is WELL worth it!

Always good rice... I just make white rice though so I'm kind of a boring rice guy, can't comment on anything "fancy".

I clean this by hand and it's easy to clean.... nothing really sticks for me so... pretty easy.

Almost reminds me of a slow cooker...I can't complain on the ease of use at all.

I can tell it's cheap but it's not that cheap where i'm afraid it will break- you get what you pay for however I wouldn't be afraid it will break in a week or nothing either.

Not much of a design but what they did is made it simple.. I think simple is good.

Stopped working after four uses

Comments about Proctor Silex 10-Cup Rice Cooker 37533:

Always use this, when cooking rice, easy and fast!

Comments about Proctor Silex 10-Cup Rice Cooker 37533:

I love this rice cooker! Very easy to use, no complicated buttons just warm and cook. I love how my rice comes out each time and it only takes around 30 minutes to cook long grain brown rice. So much better than instant rice which always seems to be so hard.

Cooks rice great most of the time. When rice is done it will automatically switch over to keep it warm.

I don't know what kind of lining the bowl has but it comes clean so dang easy it is sweet! The lid however gets kinda grimy but it not hard to clean either.

Super easy to use. Comes with a measuring cup for the rice and also a paddle.

I have been using this cooker for several years at least twice a week and it is going strong. I love it!

I have no issues at all with the design, very simple to use and clean looking.

My rice cooker is such a time saver!

from Marion, WI

Comments about Proctor Silex 10-Cup Rice Cooker 37533:

This is a kitchen appliance I think everyone should have! We have never eaten more rice, especially brown rice. It's so easy and fast to use!

Works quickly, and makes delicious rice. My kids actually call it the "magic rice maker!"

With the teflon coated bowl, the rice just slides out. It's very easy to clean, just need to run it under hot water. The cover is very easy to clean as well.

Directions were easy to follow, and I cooked perfect rice the very first time I used it.

We use this appliance almost every night, and it's still going strong!

It's small and easy to fit on my kitchen counter. It's a welcome addition to my kitchen appliances!