Other Wine Openers:

Oster Electric Wine Bottle Opener

Pros

Cons

Easy, dependable, slick

We compared the **Oster Electric Wine Bottle Opener with other similar brands.  We were purchasing it for a gift for a family .  We thought it was a good value for the money we paid. It was slick, worked well, and a cool gift to give to our grown daughter and son-in-law.**

Ehhh...

We got this as a gift from some friends over the holidays since we are big wine people. We thought this was a neat idea and was excited to try it out. We hooked it up and let it get some juice and decided to use it the next day. The first few times it seemed to work fine, but after that, it didn't seem to hold the charge at all. We had a few other drawbacks we found. We didn't like the fact it had to be plugged in at all times and always on the countertop taking up space. We also didn't see how this was faster than using the typical wine opener. We felt like it was a novelty item good for those people who loved gadgets. If you are one of those people, you'll love it, if you aren't, stear clear!

No more fighting with corkscrews!

Comments about Oster Electric Wine Bottle Opener:

This is the easiest wine opener I have ever used! I have always had issues with wine openers and have been through many of them. Search no more! This is very easy to use and I recommend every wine connoisseur to go out and get one today!

So easy! All you have to do is take it off the charger, place it on the bottle, press a button and the cork comes out with ease. It even works on plastic corks! I love the way the cork releases too. Once again, you just press a button and the cork comes right out. It sits on a charger so all you have to do is pick it up and open your wine.

I haven't had a problem with my wine opener at all. I have used it many times and it performs perfectly every time. I have dropped it by accident a couple of times but it continues to perform.

I like the design of this wine opener. The charger and opener fit nicely in a small place and it doesn't take up too much room. It is sleek and narrow and I have a preference for the stainless color. It isn't bulky and fits nicely in your hand.

Wine opener!

Comments about Oster Electric Wine Bottle Opener:

When i first opened this package, I wanted to use it right away, but don't do that. I found out that you have to charge it first. It is pretty easy to use this though. You use the foil cutter to cut away anything that is on the top of the bottle first. Then, you put the opener on top of the bottle, and make sure that it is straight because trust me, if it isn't, your cork won't come out of the bottle the right way. Then you push the button on there and wait for it to pull the cork out! then when you pull the opener away, you push the button the other way and it will drop the cork. Sometimes though, I have had problems where it would not get out and i had to pull the cork out myself. If you drink alot of wine, then this will be a good buy for you. I like it, I just don't really drink enough wine to keep using it often. I use it maybe... once a month? or once every 3 months? Just not enough to waste space on my counter with it.

Decent, but not as easy as I would think it should be...

from Stoughton, WI

Comments about Oster Electric Wine Bottle Opener:

I received this as a gift off my Christmas list. I had asked for the Oster electric wine opening, because I purchased it for my Grandmother the year before. She raved about every time I visited. Although I don't use it was much as I'd like, I don't find it difficult to use. You just push the down button until it stops the humming sound, and it is uncorked. Then to remove the cork for the opener, you just push the up button until the cork is dislodged and falls out. I have had a few occurances where I wasn't able to get the cork out on the first try, but I thought it was usually due to something I did wrong - like not wait for the opener to stop on it's own. My husband tried using it tonight, and ended up relying on the old-fashioned wine opener. I'm not sure why he had trouble, but the cork was somehow stuck halfway out of the bottle.

I am a bartender at an Italian restaurant and open wine bottles with 'wine keys' all night long. I have gotten so quick with these manual openers that I am honestly faster than the electric opener. For me, I have to sheepishly admit it all comes down to laziness and novelty as to why I will use this device.

Easy to use

from Spring Hill, FL

Comments about Oster Electric Wine Bottle Opener:

My husband bought me the Oster Electric Wine Bottle Opener for Christmas and it is the best. I have a red and stainless steel one that looks great in my kitchen. I don't have to struggle to open wine anymore.

Great Opener - so easy to use!

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Oster Electric Wine Bottle Opener:

My friend had one of these and when I saw how easy it was to use, I got one for myself. I worked in a bar between semesters at college so opening a bottle of wine was never really a problem for me, but this device makes it so easy and fun! It's got a great design. I love that the foil cutter is right there when I need it. I buy this for gifts all the time.

Fun!!

Comments about Oster Electric Wine Bottle Opener:

Okay... I may be an adult, but the kid in me loves to use this gadget!! I used to struggle sometimes with opening any of our wine bottles, but no more!!! This thing is really fun to use-- it makes me want to run around the neighborhood asking people if they need any bottles opened. :) it's fast- a lot faster than trying to wrestle with a regular cork screw. Very easy to use! I don't know how I've lived with one of these for all These years... This was by far one of our favorite gifts this year! I'm even thinking of buying some for my friends and family for a birthday or Christmas gift.. I don't see how someone can not love this thing! :) I don't know what they go for in price but I'd even be willing to spend a little extra just because its so sweet!

Must have for wine drinkers!

from Libertyville, IL

Comments about Oster Electric Wine Bottle Opener:

If you drink wine, you need this! No more manual openers! You literally place the opener on the top of the wine bottle and this does all of the hard work for you. You hold down the button and the cork pops out! It's nice to be able to open a bottle of wine with ease!

What a miraculous kitchen tool!

from Eureka Springs, AR

Comments about Oster Electric Wine Bottle Opener:

I cannot imagine not having this wine opener. I am not really a fan of Oster products. But I am a believer in this one! It is so great. I always hated to manually open bottles of wine. You know what I mean. It is such a chore! And the cork always seems to break! But with this incredible invention, bottle opening will not be a hassle! You may have to get use to it! But when you do, you will be sold! You will not imagine your life without this product! It will be time to throw out the corkscrew!

Handy wine bottle opener

from Silverton, OR

Comments about Oster Electric Wine Bottle Opener:

I am more of a traditionalist and have prefered non-electric wine openers in the past, but my husband and I received this Oster Electric Wine Bottle Opener as a gift for Christmas and fell in love with it! It comes with a charger and stands upright so it really doesn't take up hardly any counter space at all. The device is very simple to use and doesn't require a lot of elbow grease like some of the other brands. It is powerful and quick and can recork a bottle if you don't finish it. I would suggest this as a gift for any wine lover you might now. My sister's mother-in-law has really bad arthritis and I recommended this as a great gift idea for her. Overall I'm happy with the product and wish we'd have bought this years ago!

How did I drink wine before I had the Oster Bottle Opener?

from Olathe, KS

Comments about Oster Electric Wine Bottle Opener:

I received the Oster Electric Wine Bottle Opener as a Christmas gift from my sister.  My husband and I are wine enthusiasts so she thought we'd enjoy this.  She has one and uses it all the time.  I didn't even know such a thing existed, and really didn't even know what it was when I pulled it out of the box!  As much as I love wine, I can never seem to open a bottle without damaging the cork, getting half the cork stuck in the bottle or getting pieces of cork floating in the wine.  After skimming the instructions quickly, it took me a couple of times to get the hang of it.  As soon as figured it out, though, it became my best friend!  This this is SO easy to use and operate!  Just put the top of the wine bottle in the opening (after removing the foil) and press the button until you feel the cork pop out...and that's it!  I like the sleek design of it, and how compact it is.  We keep it in a drawer in our wine cabinet when it's not in use, and if it's not charged when we're ready to use it, I just take out the compact charger and set it in the corner for a bit.  It charges quickly and holds it's charge for a long time.  I just might be buying more of these as gifts for other people!