Other Facial Masks:
Origins

Pros

Cons

Great mask

Comments about Origins Natural Resources Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask:

The Origins charcoal mask is a great mask to use twice a week for any skin type. The active charcoal goes deep down into pores to pull out all the dirt and oil stuck in there. This mask will make your skin not only look clean but feel clean and smooth. It helps with acne, oil control, and texture of your skin. You only need to apply a thin layer of the mask and a little goes a long way. This Origins charcoal mask dries fairly quickly and you'll know when it's dry because the color changes. You'll feel your skin is a bit tighter than normal before you wash it off but it's just doing its job. I have very sensitive/acne prone skin and this mask isn't harsh at all. It doesn't burn! When you're ready to wash it off a warm washcloth is all you need. Once you remove the whole mask you'll know it worked because your pores will just feel SO clean and refreshed. It's a nice treat for your face, especially if you wear makeup or have acne.

• Ease of Application:

Highly cleaning and refreshing.

from Indiana

I cannot say enough good things about the Origins Natural Resources Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask. I picked this up on a whim after reading about the benefits of activated charcoal for skin, especially people who suffer from sensitive skin like me. I love the way it feels while it's on your skin. You can really feel it working on your skin. I like to put it on before the shower and let it steam in my pores. It's very to rinse off this way. I find that my skin is much smoother and less oily after using this. I think I notice a bit of smaller pores on my nose bridge as well.

Ease of Application
This is very simple to apply. I really like the texture of the mask. It's not too liquidy, which means that it doesn't run off your fingers while you're trying to apply it.

Although the scent is not to die for, it's not really all that bad. It smells earthy and maybe a little medicinal, like charcoal. I don't really mind the smell and nicely enough it doesn't really linger on the skin once you rinse it off.

Spa-quality product.

Let me start out by saying that if you do not own this product you are totally missing out. Origins Natural Resources Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask is a product that is good for all types of skin, all types of problems. I use this in rotation with other masks once a week and this is one of my favorites that I can not go without. It applies well and a little goes a long way. It comes out grey and stays grey even after drying. Once it dries it hardens and becomes very tight. After it is tight and dry you take a warm wash cloth and wipe all of it off and then dry your face. You will see an improvement in your skin immediately after one use of this. It pulls out the gunk and leaves you feeling refreshed. This is great for people with clogged pores, problem skin, and generally anyone wanting their skin to look better overall. I would recommend this to anyone. Its also very affordable. One tube used regularly lasts at least a year.

Works perfectly. 10/10 no complaints.

Very easy to apply.

Light scent overall.

Great product

from Miami, Florida

I heard about the Origins company and thought I would try one of their products so I picked something I was unfamiliar with - masks. However, I am now hooked because of this product. I love to use it once a week and give my skin a good, proper cleanse. The mask is charcoal so it can get a bit messy when applying as I usually have to keep squeezing the tube to get some more out to spread all over my face. So in this case, a little does not go a long way.

I usually leave the mask on for about 7 minutes, that's usually when I feel my skin getting tight. After taking the mask off my face, my skin is a bit flushed but after a couple of minutes after applying a moisturizer, the redness goes away.

I tend to have medium sized pores and they reduce when I apply this product.

My only complainant about this product is how it can be messy to take off. Because of the color and texture, you really have to sometimes scrub it off your face and the color can get stuck to your hair so you have to be careful. I usually use this product right before I take a shower when I'm doing my hair so I can avoid that scenario.

No scent

A Detoxifying Mask That Doesn't Smell Like Fruit

from Pittsburgh, PA

One of the things that I hate most about a mask to clean my pores is that most of the have a fruity smell to then and after about two minutes I want to rinse it off. That adds up to a lot of wasted money when you buy something, use it once and pass it on to someone else.

Charcoal is often used to pull out toxins from the body; when it is used as a mask it helps to clear pores of dirt, make up and oil as well as killing bacteria that could lead to blemishes and pimples. My oldest son, reluctantly, used this when he was experiencing a bad out break on his face. He used it every other day (locked in the bathroom) and in about nine days his skin was almost pimple-free.

There's no scent to this but it works wonders on skin; I try to remove all of my make up as soon as I get home but I know that there are times that all I want to do is crawl in to bed and go to sleep so I don't do the best job on my face. When I use this on a regular basis my face feels "clean", not tight but just free of oil and dirt.

This comes in two different sizes; if you try it and like it you can save money getting the larger 3.4 ounce tube. This is something that I use about twice a week but in the summer if I am sweating a lot and my skin feels oily I will use it every other day in the evening.

No scent

Interesting Product

I recently searched for some face masks to rejuvenate my skin and to help clear up a few blemishes. I stumbled across the Origins brand, and after looking at their website I came across this active charcoal mask. As a chemistry student, I have worked with active charcoal and have an understanding of it, so I decided to give it a try. Apparently, you know it is ready to come off whenever it turns a certain gray color. Overall, it left my skin smoother and healthier feeling than what other masks have had in the past. My skin was red, uneven, and oily before the mask and after I used the mask once, my skin totally changed to smooth and dewy (but not oily). I am very satisfied with the mask. I probably will buy another tube of it!

Ease of Application
Super easy to apply. The mask isn't as thick as other masks I have used, so it isn't difficult at all to apply or use.

It has charcoal in it, so it won't smell that good.

Origins Natural Resources Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

When I used this Origins Charcoal Mask, I absolutely love it. It is similar to a heavy clay mask but is a bit lighter. I found it just as effective, if not more effective than a traditional clay mask. It does not burn at all and dries pretty quickly, It goes on black and dries to a lighter grey. You can see where it is drying excess oil out of your face, especially around the chin, forehead, and nose area. It is great for routine use. I used it a couple times a week and saw improvement in the size of my pores and the overall tone of my skin. It is great for acne, because it is gentle enough not to aggravate the skin but cleanses acne causing impurities. It doesn't really have much of a smell. It just smells a little bit earthy. I would caution you to be careful when using this product because it will absolutely ruin your light colored wash clothes and towels. Use a dark colored wash cloth when using it. Although it does not advertise this effect, I found that it worked to soothe my skin and reduce inflammation when I over picked or over scrubbed my face. Origins has a great line of products and this in one of many that I love. It is a good product line for sensitive skin, as they use natural and botanical ingredients instead of harsh chemicals and compounds.

Loving this mask!

I have heard amazing things about this mask, so I had to give it a try for myself. The Origins Charcoal mask is a wonderful thing. I love masks that you can actually feel working, and this one you definitely can! It has a cooling, "yes I am cleaning out your pores" sensation that I find to be satisfying. I apply this mask about 15 minutes before I plan on taking a shower, and also wash it off last thing so the steam has a chance to let it sink in even more. I feel very clean after using it.

I have found this mask to be calming to my skin during my skin's freakout times. I am horrible about using masks regularly, but I'd say I remember to put this on every two to 3 weeks. I find that it clams don my acne a bit.

Ease of Application
This mask has, in my opinion, a flawless application. I'm 3/4 of the way through my tube and the mask still comes out smooth and creamy, no chunks or dry parts, and applies to the face just as smoothly. It gilded on to the skin, layers easily and stays put.

Okay, so the smell of charcoal masks isn't exactly the most amazing thing in the world, but this mask does not by any means smell horrible. You could do a lot worse, especially with a skin clearing mask. It smells the way that a deep cleaning mask should smell.

• Ease of Application:

The only things that clears my black heads!

I originally received a free sample of this mask. It is one of the only things I've used as a sample and immediately known I wanted to buy the full size. It is easy to apply, although because of the dark color important to be careful not to get it on anything. As it dries it will tighten and feel a bit uncomfortable (as with any face mask). Once dry, it can be a little bit difficult to wash off fully, I find it really wants to stay stuck to the face, so just make sure to be thorough. Once it's off, you will immediately be able to feel the difference. My skin always feels soft and amazing right after. Additionally, It is a huge help with acne. I get blackheads on my nose and find it really difficult to get rid of them. This mask is the only thing that works every time. The charcoal is able to really effectively draw all of the problems from your pores. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone, but especially those who have problems with acne, particularly with blackheads.

• Ease of Application:

Look ugly before you look pretty

from Huntington, NY

Like many facial masks, the Origins Natural Resources Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask makes you look weird while you apply it. The black charcoal in this mask especially makes you look freaky, with gray ashen skin that hardens and tightens. I bought this mask because I was really interested in a product that could really get down deep in my pores to clean them out. And the charcoal is supposed to act like a magnet, grabbing up all the gunk that’s stuck down there. While it doesn’t deep clean as much as a spa facial would (where they painfully dig out your pores), it does help to make my skin feel very soft and refreshed. I typically use it once every two weeks and I’m happy with my purchase. I like having a traditional hardening face mask as part of my beauty regimen.

It doesn't draw all the blackheads out of my pores but it does do a good job of softening and hydrating my skin, causing it to feel refreshed.

Ease of Application
Typical mask - apply, wait, it will harden, wash it off. It washes off very easily - in a creamy texture.

Smells like you'd expect a charcoal mask to smell like - not sweet or flowery but more like clay.