3.9
Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion

Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion

3.9

The 3 S's: Smoothing, Soothing...and Stinky?

**This product in a nutshell: **is a very good daily moisturizer for the face that has one major drawback - it stinks!

I found this product in my local...Read complete review

I found this product in my local K-Mart while looking for a preventative daily lotion that has an SPF.  The Regenerist Line from Olay has so many positive reviews on this site as well as others, which prompted me to pick up Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion.  What differentiates this face lotion from others is that it contains a small amount of self-tanner as well as SPF 15.  Olay's website claims, "It gradually enhances skin's natural color and tone with a touch of sunless tanner for a sun-kissed glow every day. After a few days, your skin will look soft, regenerated and naturally glow with subtle color enhancement."

I apply this product to my freshly-washed, dry face.  The consistency is very light and 3 pumps is generally what I need to fully cover my face with product.  My face instantly feels smooth and moisturized and when I wake up in the morning, my face does have a nice glow with a touch of color that isn't orange or streaky.  This product makes my skin look fresh and dewy and does not clog pores.  After several uses, the overall texture of my skin improves.  My rough patches are smoothed out without making me feel oily.  The only aspect I dislike about this lotion is the odor it gives off after the self-tanner sets on my face.  It is very foul...almost like a body odor or bad breath type of smell.  In other words, it's gross!  This emerging smell is surprising because when I initially pump out the lotion into my palm, it does not smell bad at all.  In fact, it has a somewhat pleasant, light scent as I smooth it into my skin.  The odor appears after an hour or so after I have applied it and it's fairly disarming.

**I give this product 4/5 stars: **and I would have given it a solid 5 stars if it weren't for that putrid smell.  The aroma does eventually dissipate (especially after I apply my foundation).  Otherwise, I found this to be a very nourishing lotion that makes me look like I spent the morning outside.  A little healthy color really wakes up my complexion!  I would recommend this product, but only after I warned my gal pals of the offensive scent.

Smells great, but watch out for the orange!

This is a great concept product. I bought it because I like to wear SPF daily and I worry about the health of my skin. Being very fair haired, I was excited to find a product made by a reputable company that I could put on my face and add a bit of color to. The smell is great, which isn't something you always find with self tanning products. I like knowing that my skin is protected and being taken care of. However, and this is a big however, I found that I could only put it on once or twice a week because any more than that and my skin would develop an orange tinge, which is not a look I was going for. Also, I have to be extremely careful where I apply it and how much because I would notice uneven areas, especially closer to the hairline, where I don't want as much because I don't want to get my hair greasy. I would recommend this product, used periodically for some color, but use every day at your own risk!

Great product

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion:

This gives your skin the extra kick it needs to regenerate cells and not simply moisturize. It helps even out skin tone, has an SPF of 15, and the "touch of sun" aspect gives your skin a hint of color if you are really pale, but not too much color to look orange or unnatural. It really is just a touch of color. I like this product, because putting any other self tanning lotion on my face breaks me out, but this absolutely does not make me break out. It just makes my skin look more even toned and younger. I use it around my eyes and it is just as effective. No need to buy the products that are for eye use only and cost a lot more when this works just as well for your eyes, face, and neck. Around your eyes, not IN your eyes! Make sure you look at the label to see if the product has the SPF 15 or not. Some "touch of sun" products don't have the SPF in it, so look carefully.

There's not really a scent.

• Ease of Application:

The 3 S's: Smoothing, Soothing...and Stinky?

from Mentor, OH

An Aging Lotion That Works

from El Dorado Hills, CA

Comments about Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion:

Save yourself from looking old from years of aging skin by using Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion. My experience with this product has been wonderful. There is no need to fight the aging process that is occurring at my age in life when you use Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion. I have tried many products and this one really works. In my younger years I would use the Olay product line and had great success with the outcome. So as I am now going into my senior years, I have experimented with many products in hope to stop or hide my aging skin, wrinkles that is. The product not only helps with the aging wrinkles, it feels fresh and makes your complexion look new and lifted. I would recommend this product to any age person who wants to care for their skin. It is something that I use daily now. I continue to test other products, I admit, but Olay brand product can keep their consumers happy and satisfied. I am never disappointed when using Olay.

Big fan of Olay Regenerist Mosturizer!

from Vineland, NJ

Comments about Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion:

I have been using this moisturizer on my face for over a year now. in fact, I have solely been using the Olay Regenerist line for over a year. I really like this product. I bought it because of how much I like the Olay Regenerist line of products, and because it has a touch of UV protection in it. When I was younger, I was a sun worshipper. I didn't know then what I know now about how damaging the sun's rays are, particularly to the delicate skin on your face. I don't like the idea of putting on a separate moisturizer and skin protectant every day, so this product is a good compromise. My only complaint about the product is that it does leave my skin feeling a little greasy. My skin feels hydrated and smooth, but it does appear more oily than before I put it on. It is not as greasy and oily as sunscreen is, however. I would recommend this product to anyone who wears a daily moisturizer and is afraid of the damaging effects of the sun.

Smells great, but watch out for the orange!

from Tomball, TX

Comments about Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion:

Be good to your face and use this product.

from West Sacramento, CA

Comments about Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion:

I frequently use this product and am quite happy with it.  I own a cabinet full of Olay products and think that they are all quite good.  I have sensitive skin and so I always try to purchase moisturizes that contain SPF.  My face really can't handle a sunscreen and a separate moisturizer without breaking out and this product does the trick.  It is still slightly greasy - hence the four stars but overall, a very good product.  So not only is this a 2-in-1 but it is a 3-in-1 because it provides a "touch of sun". If you use this product more than two days in a row you will begin to notice some additional color.  Make sure you put this on your neck too otherwise you will look weird.  And wash your hands after using because it will stain clothes - treat it just as you would a self-tanning product.  This product is quite pricey but my skin feels reallly beautiful and moisturized after using it and it's nice know that I have protected my skin.

Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun - good for fair skin

from New Haven, CT

Comments about Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion:

I have very fair skin and have always hard a hard time finding the right shade of foundation. It is either too dark or orange-looking, or too light and looks like a mask.  I find that using tinted moisturizer is better, because it looks more natural looking.  Lately, I have been using Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun Regenerating Lotion.  It contains amino peptides and a little bit of sunless tanner, which is supposed to build up color if you use it every day, although I haven't noticed this.  I don't think it does anything close to what the advertising says it does, such as reducing wrinkles  "wrinkle defense regenerating lotion".  But it is a good moisturizer, with a touch of color, and it also contains an SPF of 15.  Also, it is not greasy at all - it absorbs right into the skin, and it does feel good on the skin.  Their advertisement also says that it is for all skin tones, which I guess is true because it has so little color in it - but it is good for fair skin.  To sum it up, if you are looking for a good skin care product - buy something else.  If you are looking for a moisturizer with a bit of color and SPF 15, then this product is for you.

Not my favorite

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion:

I bought this 2 summers ago, excited to try a new Olay product.  I was disappointed.  First of all, I did not care for the "Touch of Sun" in the product.  I found that, even after only applying a normal amount, that it could at times, leave "makeup lines" that looked bad.

Secondly, I was disappointed in the way that it did not moisturize my skin.  I basically felt I was not using any moisturizer at all.  My skin was still dry and flaky and the product wasn't living up to my expectations.  The price was high and I felt I wasted a nice chunk of change.

Finally, I did not like the sunscreen in this product.  Over time, especially in the summer when you tend to sweat more, if you rubbed your eye or sweat got near your eye while wearing this product, it will burn your eyes and make them water until you wash the product off!

I will never be purchasing this product again for the above mentioned reasons.

I LOVE this product!

from Ponder, TX

Comments about Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion:

I love this OLAY product.  Oil of Olay's product Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion is one of the BEST products I have tried this Spring.  After using this product my skin is softer and feels clean at the same time;  not oily.  For me this is important.  I have scars on my face and this Olay product seems to help minimize the scars.  That in itself is worth me buying the product.   Also,  this Olay product is worth the price,  which is inexpensive.   I would recommend this product to anyone.  I hope that everyone tries this product at least once.

Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun is one product I use every day.

from Beecher, IL

Comments about Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion:

Since I've started using Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun UV Defense Regenerating Lotion, friends and even my children have been asking if I've gotten botox.  They mention how good my skin looks, especially for my age, which is 59.  This, of course, delights me.  I put it on every morning before I put on my foundation and concealer.  It makes the concealer and foundation go on smoothly.  It doesn't have that horrible smell most sunless tanning lotions have, so I can get through the day without wanting to wash my face right away.  The effect has been gradual.  I have sensitive skin and cannot use most anti-aging, anti-wrinkle creams without my skin itching like crazy and breaking out in a rash.  I'm now on my second bottle.  The first bottle lasted quite a while.  I also like the "pump" bottle which distributes a perfect amount at a time.  I used to use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizer and, honestly, saw no "dramatic" results.  I will make sure I always have a bottle on hand--I do not plan to run out of it at any time.