3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

The OXO chopper is GREAT for big chopping jobs

I received the OXO Good Grips Chopper as a Christmas gift this year.  I have used it several times and find it very easy to use, and easy to clean.  I like how quickly it chops up the food and that I can control how small the pieces are chopped up (by chopping longer or shorter lengths of time).  It is used by placing the food to be chopped on the counter or in a little "cup" that comes with the chopper, you then place the chopper over top and press down on the big black "button" on top... it's that simple.   Clean up is also easy,  there is a guard that is removable and when you take that off the blades are exposed - for easy cleaning.  I let it air dry because I honestly don't know how else to get it entirely dry.

The chopper is a great time saver when I have a lot to chop, but it seems to me that I can do chopping of one or two things quicker with just a knife.  I would recommend it to my friends, and I might even give it as a gift.   OXO is known for making high quality products, and this chopper is NO exception.

The OXO Good Grips Chopper is a very disapponting kitchen device

I bought this gadget because I am a huge fan of the OXO brand and I wanted to find a device that would chop smaller items (herbs, garlic, nuts, etc.) without having to take the time to chop them by hand and without having to dirty up and subsequently clean my food processor.  The OXO Chopper seemed like a good solution, but it is very disappointing.  The chopper is designed in such a way that it cannot chop the items very well.  As a result, many items are not chopped at all and some are chopped too much.  For example, I used it to chop nuts for a cake, and some ended up not cut at all and others were pulverized into a powder.  It is also extremely messy because when you open it, items tend to spill out.  And sometimes the cup detaches from the chopper, leading to more spillage.  Further, it is somewhat difficult to clean because of the retracting blades.  Unfortunately, this is one OXO item that I would not recommend.

Excellent addition to my kitchen

from Bolton England

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe
  • Durable
  • Easy To Use
  • Handles Tough Jobs

Cons

• Small Capacity

• Chopping hard vegetables like carrots

Comments about OXO Good Grips Chopper:

Took a chance in this as all choppers do onions etc but I particularly wanted one to chop carrots, for stews and soups. This fits the bill perfectly. Easy to use easy to clean as it all comes apart. Bonus for many people would be that it is fully dishwasher safe - I don't have one but hand washing is easy too!!!
Absolute gem and a bargain price!

Perfect chopper

Comments about OXO Good Grips Chopper:

This is a great product! I use it almost every day. I love the OXO Good Grips Chopper so much that I bought the mini version as well, it's devoted to garlic chopping. Both held up great after 1 year of use so far. They're easy to clean, the pieces are easy to disassemble and reassemble. Safe for top rack of the dishwasher. Also comes with a lid that makes it convenient to go straight from the chopper to the fridge if you make more than you need. The chopper is fairly straightforward and easy to use. Push down the button on top and release. The chopper mechanism allows the blades to rotate with each chop so that whatever it is that you're chopping is thoroughly chopped up. I definitely would recommend this chopper!

Cleans easily every time, easy to disassemble and reassemble. Dishwasher safe, no rust spots.

Still chops great after one year of almost daily use.

Fits great into your hand for efficient chopping

Great little chopper

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about OXO Good Grips Chopper:

This is a nice little chopper. It is easy to use and is quick and effective on chopping a wide range of foods

simple to clean, just rinse and wipe out and you're done

i have had mine for a couple of years now and the blades haven't dulled and nothing has broke so it is very durable

looks nice and is small and easy to operate

Loud, but does the job

from Twin Falls, ID

Comments about OXO Good Grips Chopper:

We got this as a wedding gift and I was very excited to receive it. I had seen all of my sisters use choppers similar to this, but they all said that they broke and did not last very long. We have had no problems with ours. We have had it over a year and it still looks new. It is a little difficult to clean because the blades are in the way. I always get nervous I am going to cut myself, but if I have a meal with several things to cut up, it is nice to have so my hands don't smell like onion and garlic. It is quite loud when you chop, but that doesn't bother me.

OXO Good Grips Chopper not worth the effort

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about OXO Good Grips Chopper:

I wanted to try the OXO chopper. I thought it would make my life a lot easier. I saw it on sale and I bought it for a good price. I am glad I didn't spend a lot of money on it, because I don't really use it. I feel it is to much trouble to use and clean. I found it some what difficult to use. I thought it was going to be easier to use than it was. It is now sitting in my cabinet unused. Maybe I will try it again and feel differently about it, I don't know. My hand and wrist hurt after I chopped just one onion. I would rather chop the onion by myself. I also thought that it was a lot to clean up after chopping just one onion. I didn't think it chopped small enough either. I found it a little hard to put it together at first too.

For something that's supposed to make it easier its a pain to clean. You have to take it apart. I would rather just chop myself

The OXO Good Grips Chopper is a very disapponting kitchen device

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about OXO Good Grips Chopper:

OXO Chopper gets the job done

from Fontana, CA

Comments about OXO Good Grips Chopper:

This chopper does get the job done. I purchased it a few years ago in hopes that it would dice my onions quickly and easily without making me "cry". Well, it did work and it diced my onions, garlic and cilantro just fine. It is a little difficult to clean and kind of annoying. I sometimes just use a knife to dice things up because I don't really want to take an extra few minutes to clean it out..to each his own I guess.

I like the look of it and the blades are pretty sharp. It is very loud when you use it to chop things. My husband pounds on it like crazy and it makes an incredible loud sound everytime. However, when I use it, it doesn't get overwhelmingly loud..but obviously you can't use it if the baby is sleeping in the same room or nearby.

The OXO chopper is GREAT for big chopping jobs

from Carey, OH

Comments about OXO Good Grips Chopper:

This chopper is a must-have in my kitchen

from Norfolk, CT

Comments about OXO Good Grips Chopper:

I received this OXO Good Grips Chopper as a present about 6 months ago, and I can’t even begin to count the number of times and ways I have used it.  It is incredibly convenient, a LOT smaller than any common food processor and a whole lot easier and faster to chop with than a knife!  I have used it to chop onions, potatoes, cooked bacon (I made my own version of low-fat bacon bits for a breakfast omelet), strawberries, nuts, you name it!  I love how the chopping cup has measurements on it for easy reference, and how sharp the blades are.  It comes apart easily for cleaning, and is dishwasher safe.  My only complaints would revolve around the fact that it is difficult to hand-wash, (but that’s no problem if you have a dishwasher), and it doesn’t chop through un-cooked fat exceptionally well (I resolved this problem by cooking the bacon first, and removing the fat).  This device has a permanent home on my counter.

This chopper is a time saver and reasonably priced

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about OXO Good Grips Chopper:

When I went to a pampered chef party last year the two things raved about was the food chopper and the can opener. I had to admit I wanted both of them but I am pretty money concious so I looked around for a better deal first since pampered chef is so expensive. Imagine my surprise to find a wonderful food chopper (oxo good grips) at bed, bath and beyond! It wasn't too expensive so I brought it home and now I use it for everything! It is such a time saver! One of my favorite things is that it used to take me forever to cut up garlic but now I just set it in my chopper and a few chops later it is finely chopped. Saves my hands from the smell and from the tedious cutting. I also like to cut up nuts in there, it is so easy! I do have to say sometimes the food sticks to the blades and so it takes me a few seconds to clean it out so I don't waste the food but I find that a small sacrifice to pay. Also cleaning it is sometimes hard just to get around the blades but I love my food chopper!