View more treadmills

NordicTrack C1800 Treadmill

Long Lasting, Average Treadmill

from Draper, UT

Comments about NordicTrack C1800 Treadmill:

This treadmill is a pretty typical, average treadmill. Doesn't seem to have a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles, but it gets the job done.

We have had this treadmill for years (about 8) and the thing still runs like a charm. Even despite having a fan dropped on it.

One thing that DOES NOT work on the machine is the heart monitor. It has two little hand held bars you can place your hands on to monitor your heart rate. These are totally ineffective and I often get crazy results like 48 beats per minute (yeah right). So if you are really monitoring your heart rate or trying to stay below a certain BPM, use a backup method to monitor.

It comes with two fat burning programs, two aerobic programs and two programs you can customize based on your needs/height/weight/age etc. I am a huge fan of the programs! They allow you to just run and not focus on changing buttons, speeds, incline etc. My husband, however, would rather just run and change pace and incline at his discretion. This treadmill works great for that as well. I believe it goes up to 10 MPH and the incline gets pretty steep.

The distance, calories burned, fat burned etc. is not accurate depending on your gender, weight and height. I believe it is calibrated to account for an average sized man, so since I weigh much less than a typical adult male, my calories and fat burned are often reported as being more than they are in reality. I simply monitor these and my heart rate with a watch, so this isn't a big concern for me.

Overall, we have been happy with this treadmill. It has lasted 8 years with two adults using it pretty frequently and always works well. It doesn't have crazy features like some machines, but it is effective for those who like to run in any kind of weather, day or night in privacy.

Norda Track Treadmill

from Orem, UT

Comments about NordicTrack C1800 Treadmill:

This treadmill has worked for my purposes. I enjoy runnning but do not like running in the winter because the cold and snow and ice on the ground so I use it while the weather is bad. I am more of a distance runner than sprinter and I would not recommmend this treadmill for a sprinter. We actually but it used and I don't know whether the person before we had it broke it or it came like this but it doesn't work as well on the top speeds.

One of the best things about this treadmill is that it folds, we don't have a giant house so we need all the space we have so the fact that it folds is really nice. I also like to read while I am running or walking so it is nice to have a book holder. Although when you have the book in the holder it covers the speed,distance, calories, etc, which actually I like because then I forget how far I running and just enjoy it but I can imagine that might annoy some people.