Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion

Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

It does what it's supposed to do, but too well

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion:

After clearing my face of acne I was still left with very oily skin so I decided to try Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion. I would apply this lotion all over my face once a day in the morning with my acne cream. The first couple of days I didn't notice a change in oil production, but by day three I saw visible changes. My complexion remained clear and my face was less oily. After using this product for over a week I no longer had to blot my face through out the day to remove excess oil. My second week of using this lotion sent my face into a quick downward spiral. My face overnight became extremely dry and flaky. I decided to take a break from the lotion for a couple of day, but my face continued to get dryer. My skin became very scaly, dark, and rough in a three day period. It took me 2 weeks of not using this product for my face to return back to status quo. I tried using Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion twice week to see if my skin could benefit from it without any side effects, but my face remained oily. I increased it to three days and my face started to dry out quickly once again.

LOVE

Comments about Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion:

I have strange skin (dry, oily, acne-prone and VERY sensitive) and so I have a really hard time finding a perfect moisturizer for me. I was using ProActiv's green tea moisturizer but I like this product even more! I ordered the starter kit for Murad because my skin had really started breaking out again. While I wasn't very impressed with the rest of the kit this moisturizer really stood out. First of all it is very light and covers easily, which I love because I hate putting a thick cream on my face. It is oil free so no clogged pores, and I do believe it is fragrance free but I could be wrong. If it does contain fragrance it's not a very strong one, it smells pretty good but no irritation like other fragrances give me. And most importantly, it keeps my skin basically perfectly moisturized! It definitely holds up it's name. I have been using the tiny 1.7 oz bottle for probably five months now and it is just now getting close to gone, so it lasts a long time as well!

• Ease of Application:

I love ALMOST everything about Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion:

I have enjoyed a lot of Murad products, but am usually disappointed in the ingredients they use.  Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion is no different.  I like the moisturizer, I just don't like everything in it.

**Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion** contains retinol (a type of Vitamin A) which is supposed to help even out your skin's texture.  It also contains arnica, which is supposed to reduce redness and even out your skin's tone.

I don't suffer from redness or uneven texture on my face, so I can't attest to how this works for that, but I like everything about this product except for the parabens.  I'm really surprised they even used parabens because the rest of their formula is pretty good.  It contains a lot of natural ingredients.  Hopefully they can find a different preservative because I would like Murad products more if they were paraben-free.  Besides that, **Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion** is a great light-weight moisturizer.

Besides moisturizing my skin perfectly, what I love about this product is that it feels really light-weight, but is still really moisturizing. I don't like moisturizers that leave my face feeling heavy, greasy or oily and this does none of that. Once it's rubbed in, you can't even feel it.

Ease of Application
This product comes in a tube, not a jar, so it's really easy to get product out to apply to your face.

This moisturizer has a slight black licorice scent, but it does eventually fade away once the product is absorbed. Rest assured, I can't stand the smell of black licorice, but even I don't notice it once it's rubbed in.

Not Perfect, but Pretty Close

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion:

I'm always leery about using a new moisturizer for the first time, because my oily skin is pretty picky about what it tolerates. Plus, when I put a little Murad lotion on my hand it felt a little thick to me. But I guess I shouldn't have worried because I woke up the next morning with noticeably softer skin. I didn't have any allergic reactions or oily sheen the next day either. My face looked matte and slightly moist but not greasy. I looked fully rested and healthy.

The price of Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion does give me pause, simply because there are so many excellent products that don't have the high price tag. Still, if you want to splurge on a quality moisturizer with excellent ingredients, this is a good one to try.

I had a sample so I haven't used it long term yet. But I can say that my pores haven't been clogged and my skin looks clear.

The scent is barely noticeable, and I'm okay with that.

• Ease of Application:

Great Lotion as part of facial treatment

from Friendswood, TX

Comments about Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion:

The Skin perfecting Murad lotion is a great product. I use it in combination with the acne toner & spot treatment. The lotion moisturizes really well without making your face feel greasy or heavy. I like the product because it doesn't cause any additional acne on my face. It doesn't have a strong fragrance which is nice since you are putting it all over your face. It is a little bit expensive but in my opinion (especially when using with the whole Murad system) the money is worth it. I will advise you to be careful with their shipment system. You have to sign up for the "program" which means they will continue to ship product every few weeks until you cancel. It is no problem when you, the staff is friendly & for me the shipments stopped immediately. You just have to remember to cancel. In addition as an FYI, the only reason I cancelled was because they were sending more product then I could use. I started my shipments again once I needed more product. That is another bonus - the product lasts a long time even with daily usage. You don't need a lot of product for it to do the job effectively.