4.1
Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker TM70

Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker TM70

4.1

Mr Coffee Iced Tea Maker: Easy Iced Tea in a Flash

I have an older version of this iced tea maker that has a regular size/shaped pitcher that fits conveniently in the fridge. I have owned it for almost a decade and it is still going strong with only a few snafus. First of all this is a nifty little kitchen gadget if you love making fresh tea, especially on a hot summer day. It is convenient, because there is no mess, no need to leave tea bags out in the sun the old fashioned way, and the clean up is simple. It basically runs on the same idea as a traditional coffee maker, only it's catered to making iced tea. For mine, I use a coffer filter a long with about (9-10 tea bags of course this depends on how you like your tea), fill the machine with water, the pitcher halfway with ice, plug it in, and press the power button, and voila....fresh tea in minutes!

I often switch it up using different tea bag flavors for an extra pizzazz. The only issue that I did have with iced tea make is the pitcher. It is not dishwasher safe, and I learned that the hard way. Needless to say my pitcher was a bit deformed after its first run through in the dishwasher. This led to a crack on the top portion, but I am still able to use the pitcher to run a batch of tea. I then transfer the iced tea to an alternate pitcher. Again, this is only because I ran my pitcher through the dishwasher. Obviously I miss the not dishwasher safe disclaimer. Other than that, I love this item and enjoy making my fresh iced tea with it.

Are there really many options for Iced Tea makers?

I am an ice tea drinker.  I always have been.  When I was younger, I would always have a pot of suntea brewing and I can easily drink through that in a day.  When the first Ice Tea maker came out I was very excited and immediately bought one (that was in my college years).

It's a simple process in the iced tea makers, fill the machine with water, add some tea bags, fill the pitcher with ice, and turn it on.

Well, my original tea maker, after many years of service, finally died and so I went and got another one...this one.

I do have to say it has lasted me quite a while (years) but I really wish I had my old one back.  I don't even know that there are many ice tea makers out there, so you kind of get what you get.  This is just a quick, easy way to make iced tea so you don't have to have a long wait for brewing, cooling, etc...

The pitchers (mine came with a bonus one)?  Well, they are made out of a material that I am actually shocked hasn't cracked or broken from the pressure of carrying it by the handle full of liquid.  They are also LARGE and ROUND and don't eaily fit in the refrigerator; except that I haven't purchased one yet and I am constantly forgetting to do so, I would actually buy a seperate pitcher that would better fit in the refrigerator and then just transfer the iced tea to that once I brew it...some day I'll get on the ball.

The machine itself pretty clumsy.  I mean, you actually have to move the water spout and pull out the filter mechanism in order to fill it with the water.  Ther has GOT to be a better way.  Then, once you fill it with water, you have to put BACK the filter, fill it with tea (I use tea bags with the tags pulled off) and then remember to swing out the water spout (can I tell you how bad a memory I have and how often I have forgotten that step?  I mean, I can't even remember to buy a seperate pitcher!).

I have been lucky in that I have never had a spillage after setting up the pitcher under the lip, but I can imagine that others have had major spillage.  I am just always VERY careful and stand by as it starts to brew and make sure that it goes in.

Really, I use it because there really aren't many options out there and I don't really expect much out of a machine; however, if I found one that was better I would seriously consider replacing this one.

If you're looking for an iced tea maker, I don't know that there are any others out there for you to choose from...it's worth it to me to have an iced tea maker; I just wish there were more choices!

Just get a kettle!

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker TM70:

I purchased this product in hopes it would make the process of ice tea easier. However truly I find that it is just as easy to use my kettle to boil the water and steep the tea in the pitcher that normally holds my tea. The machine it's self is huge when you add the pitcher to it.. it takes up such space on the counter that I find myself putting it away more than using it. Which is another issue, since the machine stays wet for a long time after the brewing process. I have used mine a total of three times and the other times it is merely collecting dust beneath my counter top.

The tea you brew can be loose or bagged, three bags will be the prefect if you are losing any tea other than black. I have never had any luck in brewing atop the ice to make the correct 3 quarts it marketed it's self as producing. So for me, three tea bags and the interior tank filled to the point that it will hold it's max. When you add the ice to the pitcher it merely just cools the water.. not truly making and additional tea. In the end.. save your money and just buy an electric kettle.

Easy way to make great Iced tea.

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker TM70:

This is the best way to make iced tea! It is super fast and easy! I love how it make it instantly cold! You don't have to wait for the hot tea to cool down before you can enjoy some. The only thing I caution about is to make sure you remove the part that holds the tea bags before adding the water. I made this mistake one time and that was enough to never do that again! If you forget to take it out all of the water you poured into the canister will come gushing out everywhere! Other than that this is the perfect product for tea drinkers everywhere.

Lifesaver

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker TM70:

I am a tea addict and being able to make caffeine free tea at home helps me save money, cut down on the caffeine, and I can add the amount of sweetener and other flavors that I want (pink lemonade). I can set the tea maker and walk away knowing that when it's done it will shut off on it's own. The parts are plastic so I have some qualms about it breaking.

Great Iced Tea Maker

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker TM70:

It works great for me. I had absolutely no problems with anything leaking or overflowing. I have given one to a family member last Christmas, and they love it. I will probably give another to a family member this Christmas.

Others who have had problems with leaking or overflowing must be doing it wrong or they must have a defective unit. You can only pour in so much water before it starts over flowing out of the front of the unit.

Periodically, you will want to soak the pitcher and cup thing that holds the tea in bleach water to clean them up as they do get stained, but that is expected. It doesn't hurt to run some diluted bleach water through it after a year or so to make sure the internal portions are clean.

My method is to use 3 or 4 family size tea bags or 5-7 individual size tea bags. I do not use ice. I just fill it up to the proper level and once it is done, I top off the pitcher with water and give it a stir. I then place the pitcher in the fridge.

It is simple to use, easy to clean, and it makes great tea. Tea is a cheap alternative to soft drinks, and I try to limit my intake of soda. I have never tried it with loose tea and a filter, but I am sure it will work fine doing so. If mine ever quits working, I would definitely replace it with the exact same thing if it is still in production at that time.

Gave it away :(

from Atlanta, MI

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker TM70:

Filmsy compared to my old Mr. Coffee iced tea maker. They need to go back to the old design. I have one of the older iced tea makers with the hard plastic pitcher, it still works great but I won a new one. I was excited to get the new one... until I tried it. It is really flimsy & if you don't get the pitcher exactly right it leaks. I liked the design of the pitcher but not the thin and flimsy plastic. the pitcher didn't actually fit the brewer very well like my old one. So I gave the new one away and kept my stained up old one that works so much better. The new one is also louder than the old one. I will never understand why companies make things flimsier and more likely to break.. Oh wait yes I do so you have to buy another one quicker. I have had my old one for over 10 years now and will keep that one until I can't use it anymore. then unless they come up with a newer better design I will go back to making my iced tea the old way.

Decent Ice tea maker if you dont mind the mess!

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker TM70:

Decent ice tea but it is very messy. I find it quite hard to clean. Even after the cycle is complete and you remove the pitcher, ice tea will continue to slowly drip out the front creating a mess. The inside where you put the tea gets messy. If you do not wash it right away it will get sticky and very hard to clean. Works relatively well as far as the brewing goes, and has two different brew strengths. It does take a little bit if you put it on the stronger setting, but its still not to long. The pitcher is heavy duty and has lines on it telling you how much ice to put in depending on how much you are making. The lid that comes with the pitcher is nice as well. Comes with a few recipes which are nice as well. Personally I feel that I have had to put in a lot more tea than what there recipes call for or else I think it tastes too watered down. It is nice to be able to make iced teas in a larger batch. I got mine on clearance and I am happy with it considering what I paid. If I had paid full price though, I think I would be a little disappointed.

Brews great, but stains badly

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker TM70:

Being from the south part of the United States, iced tea is a daily drink in our home. Instead of using the stove or coffee pot to brew tea, I decided to try out this product and see if it worked just as well. As far as the brewing speed, ease of setup, and taste of the tea, I am completely satisfied. The model I purchased also came with two pitchers (one regular and one bonus), so I can have a sweet tea and an unsweet tea option at the same time in the refrigerator. On the other hand, cleanup for this product is not really that easy. The machine portion that heats the water creates steam that makes a mess on the counter and the pitchers became stained after just a few times having tea in them. The pitchers are also not dishwasher safe so they have to be washed by hand in the sink. Overall, I do not think this is a bad product, just that is might could be designed with better cleanup options.

Some good and bad features, but a good buy if you drink iced tea

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker TM70:

There are some great and less than great features about this product. I bought it because my husband drinks a lot of iced tea. The usage of the product was pretty self explanatory, but there were downfalls too. The product itself makes wonderful tea. It's easy to use, and it works quickly. The machine is sturdy; the pitcher is not.

Downsides are as follows. The lines on the pitcher that tell you how much water to put in fade or come off after a few months of use and washing. I had to use a marker to put them back on. The machine itself can be a little hard to clean, and if you overfill it even a little (after those pitcher marks come off), you end up with water everywhere. I also find that while the machine is durable, and the pitcher needs to be replaced about once every 6 months to a year depending on how heavily you use it. We took care of ours and the pitcher cracks after so long. Replacement pitchers can be trouble to find, but they aren't expensive.

Don't waste your money!

from Seattle, WA

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker TM70:

I was very disappointed in my purchase of the mr coffee iced tea maker! I purchased this for a Father's Day gift for my husband since he loves iced tea. First off the whole thing is plastic and very cheaply made, second the pitcher that comes with it is such a weird shape (short and wide) that it takes up a TON of room in the refrigerator. The few times I tried to use it, it leaked everywhere, and just made a huge mess in my kitchen. I have found that I can make a much better batch of iced tea by just boiling water on the stove and making a batch the old fashioned way without the fuss and muss of this appliance. I was hoping for something that would simplify the tea making process, but this just wasn't it. I have to admit, it quickly found its way to our nearest value village after all the mishaps we had. Mr coffee make a great simple run of the mill coffee maker, but iced tea maker....not so much!

Must have

from New Jersey

Comments about Mr. Coffee 3-Quart Iced Tea Maker TM70:

I've had the same ice tea maker for years and love it! It's so durable and simple to use especially on those summer days. You can make the tea just the way you like and it's value for money since you can make pitchers full. I've even made ice coffee in mine which also turned out pretty good. This machine has been around for a while but I can still see why it's so popular!