Other Frozen Foods:
Complete Dinner, Frozen Entrees, Full Meal
Marie Callender's
Marie Callender's Shrimp Scampi

Marie Callender's Shrimp Scampi

Delicious but don't even think about trying to eat it!

from Oak Park, IL

Comments about Marie Callender's Shrimp Scampi:

I don't write much about frozen dinners anymore but this is not just a review, it's a Public Service Announcement.  You will be able to locate ***Marie Callender's Shrimp Scampi*** in the frozen foods aisle and when you do, **don't even think about buying it**.  Just keep pushing your cart right on by -- or if they are having a really irresistable sale on Marie Callender products, pick some **other **entree.

From even a brief glance at the label info, I could see that ***Marie Callender's Shrimp Scampi*** was a nutritional minefield but after all, this is **Shrimp Scampi** and frankly I was enticed by the ingredients which included linguine pasta, shrimps, lemon juice, garlic, butter, sherry, and my favorite ... red and yellow bell pepper strips.  It sounded delicious and perhaps a neat meatless option for Lenten Fridays.  I figured it would be fattening but what I didn't realize was that it would be so **frustrating**.  ***Marie Callender's Shrimp Scampi*** is **FRUSTRATING FOOD**.  I probably had more luck feeding myself back when I was a year old and my mother was teaching me to handle my own spoon!  Although I followed the heating instructions carefully, the pasta and other ingredients were smothered in a sauce which was so slick and slippery that most of what I tried to lift to my mouth fell off the fork.  It was only with repeated efforts and much determination that I was able to taste any of it at all.  What I actually managed to eat was delicious but the succulent, tender looking shrimps were about as tender as rubber pencil erasers and so patently unchewable so that I had to end up swallowing them whole, like some people eat oysters.

**STATS:**

Always supposing that you have the steely resolve and heroic patience to actually finish ***Marie Callender's Shrimp Scampi***, you will have consumed one (dearly fought for) single serving which contains 380 calories with 130 calories from fat.  There are 15 grams total fat, 8 grams saturated fat, zero trans fat, 70 mg. Cholesterol, 1,200 mg. Sodium, 300 mg. Potassium, 45 grams Total Carbs, 4 grams Dietary Fiber, 1 gram Sugars, and 16 grams Protein.  Vitamins and minerals include:  10% (D.V.) each Vitamins A, E, B12, Iron, Magnesium, and Manganese, 15% each Vitamin B6 and Phosphorus, 2% Calcium, 30% Vitamin C and Thiamine, and 40% Folic Acid.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

Now for the **good** news.  You won't have to worry about eating that 1,200 mg. Sodium because -- if you have high blood pressure -- the odds are against your surviving the sheer aggravation of trying to eat ***Marie Callender's Shrimp Scampi***.