Other Misc. Grocery Items:
Kraft
Kraft Bagel-fuls

Kraft Bagel-fuls

A good snack but not as good as a fresh bagel and cream cheese

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bagels and Cream Cheese.  It doesn't matter if the bagel came from the freezer section of the store or if it came fresh from a local restaurant, I LOVE Bagels and Cream Cheese.  So when I kept hearing a lot of stuff about **Bagel-Fuls**, I was definitely willing to give it a try.  A Bagel-Ful is a bagel outside with a cream cheese center, sort of like a Twinkies but for bagels!

First I had a Bagel-Ful with my friend that had a Cinnamon flavor.  I'm not usually into flavored cream cheeses, but we were hungry and these were a good snack on our road trip that day.  She had taken them out of the freezer and just let them naturally thaw out.  We were able to eat them right out of the package without having to heat them up or anything.  I thought it was decent, but I prefer plain cream cheese.

So the second time, my husband and I bought a box of Bagel-Fuls with regular cream cheese inside.  We kept them in the fridge and when we wanted one all we had to do was put it in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften it.  This one did taste better than the flavored one because of the plain cream cheese, but it still doesn't have the same zing as a regular bagel and cream cheese.

The bagel outside is soft and chewy, which is good, but sometimes I like to have a little crunch in my bagel.  I usually put my bagels in the toaster and like them to have a bit of brown to them.  That's not gonna happen with a Bagel-Ful unless you have a wide-slot on your toaster which I don't.  The bagel part ends up tasting more like soft bread than a bagel.  The cream cheese inside is Philadelphia (yum - my fav) but still doesn't have the same zing as cream cheese that was just spread on to a bagel.

These are certainly convenient.  You don't have to heat them up if you don't want to, you could just pack them in your briefcase and eat it as soon as you get to the office.  However, they do need to be refrigerated so don't think you can just have them sitting out on a counter all day.  They lose some convenience because of that.  The best option would be to take them out in the morning to reach room temp, and then have it for breakfast.

Each Bagel-Ful has 200 calories and 5 grams of fat.  That's the same amount of fat as a serving of [1/3 fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese][1] , so it is definitely less fattening then having a whole bagel with cream cheese.  However, it is not as filling as a real bagel.  Maybe it's the lack of crunch, or maybe it's that I can't really taste the cream cheese in every bite, but I'm just not loving these Bagel-Fuls.  I think they are great as a quick breakfast when you are in a rush, but if you are really craving Bagels and Cream Cheese, Bagel-Fuls won't fullfill your craving.  I don't think we will buy these often, maybe just once and awhile to mix things up.  Besides, I love spreading my own cream cheese on a warm toasted bagel :)  But if you are looking for something easier, give these a try.  Enjoy!!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Philadelphia-1-3-Less-Fat-Soft-Cream-Cheese-review-dcd83

Bagelfuls

I was excited when I received a coupon for Kraft Bagel-fuls because I had previously seen them in the store and was interested in trying them. They are inexpensive and very easy to make because they are microwaveable from the frozen state. Bagel-fuls heat up thoroughly in the microwave and don't leave any uncooked cool spots. I thought that these tasted really bland. The breading didn't have much flavoring and it tasted a little bit like cardboard. The cream cheese filling just tasted like cream and not delicious like I'm used to cream cheese being, I think that the heating warps it of some of the flavor. The texture was chewy and it was very thin and didn't have much cream cheese filling. I also do not think that bagel-fuls provide much nutritional value. They are too high in fat and calories and do not contain any vitamins or minerals to offset that. They do not taste very fresh either. Would not recommend based on taste or nutrition.

Worth A Try, Not A Second Try

Comments about Kraft Bagel-fuls:

I like bagels, I like cream cheese, but these Bagel-fils don't fit the bill, in my opinion. It is a novel idea to combine two foods many people love, but the way it is done kind of detracts from the flavor. For me I like a fresh bagel, not a frozen one, and I also feel that freezing the cream cheese really makes it less appealing. I tried the original cream cheese flavor and here are my thoughts. The idea of portability is great, you take them with you, heat and eat, but you could also just stop and buy a bagel on the to, and it would be fresh. I felt that the bread was chewy and bland, no other way to say this. There was not a lot of cream cheese inside. When I heated it up the cream cheese was not hot like I thought it would get. I had kept these in the freezer, but you can keep in the fridge also, maybe that's why heating didn't work too well, they may have needed to thaw more. I did not like these much, and I felt they are to high in price. I gave them a try, will not try again!

Bagelfuls

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Bagel-fuls taste wonderful

Comments about Kraft Bagel-fuls:

I enjoy Kraft Bagel-fuls for many reasons. They taste great, are chewy and have a great-tasting cream cheese filling, and they are good cold or hot. I often squish them into the toaster, because I like toasted bagels a lot better. They can be toasted right out of the freezer, as well. I enjoy the reasonable prices, as well.

An all in one convenient breakfast.

Comments about Kraft Bagel-fuls:

My family loves Kraft bagel-fuls. It's a great fast and convenient breakfast when we are on the run. I like the warm delicious fresh baked taste of an actual bagel with philadelphia cream cheese wrapped inside. There is no need for the prep or clean up so its great for school kids on a busy morning.

Not bad for a fast food!

from Crawfordville, FL

Comments about Kraft Bagel-fuls:

I was kind of surprised when I heated up one of the "bagelfuls". I expected the bagel to be mushy and soft, but found out that the cream cheese was soft and mushy instead. Very good in my opinion. So good that I won't let my kids eat them....they're "mine".

My boyfried loves the kraft bagel-fuls in blueberry

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Kraft Bagel-fuls:

As an on the go student my boyfriend never has time to stop any where since he always hits traffic after dropping off our 9 yr old at school to head to school himself. So we are always on the look out for fast and easy to make food products and came across the Bagel-fuls. It was perfect for my boyfriend since he loves the different flavors they offer as well as the cream cheese. My boyfriend loves the kraft bagel-fuls as a snack because heating up is fast and easy so you just heat them up and eat them so its very convenient for him since he just grabs them and heads out the door in the morning. They are also great for a brain snack while he does his homework or studies for an exam. He loves blueberry everything so thats what he mainly picks up to buy but they also have them in strawberry and are very affordable to purchase. They do have to be put in the freezer so its not for a lunch sack especially since it needs to be put in the microwave.

Kraft Bagel-fuls is a different kind of breakfast.

from Harrisburg, PA

Comments about Kraft Bagel-fuls:

I was at work one day and a co-worker had the **Kraft Bagel-fuls. **I had asked what was it she waas eating she told me it was a **Kraft Bagel-fuls. **The next day I was at the store looking for them I was excited when I seen them and the cream cheese flavors that they offered. I got home that evening and popped one in the toaster and it was delightful. It was from then on that I made it my quick breakfast snack. It is so convenient and quick. I usually put it in the toaster on the high setting, I like it brown and crispy. I thought it was pricey but it is a very good quality. I especially like the strawberry flavor cream cheese. When I am at home and want something quick I have a Bagel-ful. My kids are curious when I am standing next to the toaster waiting on my Bagel-ful. I still have other flavors to try. I normally get hooked on one flavor. I usually find the product at my local grocery store. Very good!

not bad

from Campbell, OH

Comments about Kraft Bagel-fuls:

Hmm I was out shopping and saw these on the shelf.  I am always looking for new things to try for breakfast.  Especially quick and ready new things.  What better than a bagel with the cream cheese in them ?  So I brought them home and we tried them for breakfast.  They are not as good as a regular bagel with cream cheese. They are good though.  Especially the different varieties they have .  They are very easy to make even the kids could make them on their own.  The verdcit was mixed for my family.  I think this is more of an adult breakfast.  The kids did not seem that interested in them and kind of wasted them.  My husband and I ended up eating them .  I only buy they for my husband and I too eat when we need a quick on the go breakfast or snack, when we just have a taste for bagels and cream cheese.  You really don't need to do much but unthaw them and they are great to eat.  You might want to think about it if you are buying for the kids

Bagelful's have little cream cheese. Mediocre Bagel taste.

from Brooklyn, NY

Comments about Kraft Bagel-fuls:

This is an excellent idea. I give KRAFT a lot of slack for that. Although the quality is not high, and you can still taste the frozen-"ness" of the bagel. And just to state there is not as much cream cheese as they show on the picture. Overall a great idea, which KRAFT had to mess up.

Stupid Concept

from Dacula, GA

Comments about Kraft Bagel-fuls:

This has to be the dumbest concept that anyone has EVER come out with. If you are too lazy to actually spread cream cheese, on a bagel, and eat it...then you deserve to pay the EXTREME OVER=PRICED amount that they charge for these!! Don't waste your money!!