Other Hair Dryers:
169XR
Ionic Ceramic Cord Keeper

ConairIonic Ceramic Cord Keeper

Easy to use hairdryer

There are several features about this hairdryer that I really like. I've had many hairdryers in the past and this is definitely one of my favorites. First of all, I've had a number of Cord Keepers that don't retract the cord all the way back in. I've had this one for several months now and no problems at all with the cord. Once in a while, it will lack just a bit of pulling all the way back in, but all I have to do is pull it back out most of the way and then it works just great again. One thing I would warn is that the button retracting the cord usually pulls it back in very quickly and I think this is true of most retractables. I usually use a couple of bursts to retract it so that the plug will not fly up in my face. The other thing that I particularly like about this dryer is the off and on button. I have some arthritis in my fingers so this is important to me. The last dryer I owned before this one, I had a battle every morning to get it turned on. It has 2 speed settings, but I almost always use the higher speed. I've used the low speed setting a couple of times when drying my granddaughter's hair. So it is nice to have the choice.

It dries my hair fine as long as I don't turn it off.

I do not like to spend a lot of time on my hair so I want a hairdryer that is fast. I also hate heat on my head so the sooner the drying is over the better. My blowdryer, the Conair Cord Keeper 1876, is a few years old, but it does a good job of quickly drying my long hair. The dryer is light and easy to hold. The only problem is if I turn it off while drying my hair, it will not turn back on. Usually, my hair is almost dry by then so it is not much of a problem. It will come back on when I dry my hair another day. So this dryer is good for those on the go as long as the dryer does not go off!

Easy to use hairdryer

from Mount Vernon, MO

• Drying Time:
  • Settings/Features:
  • Noise Level:

this hair dryer has every feature i want at a great price

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Conair Ionic Ceramic Cord Keeper:

i love how compact it is, but with every feature i need,and it is great for traveling because it fits in a small space.

every time i use it i get lots of compliments,and the same question, did you get a new haircut,and i respond, no just washed it and styled it

Drying Time
great drying time

Settings/Features
exactly what i need

Noise Level
it doesnt wake anybody up

great,the only thing that i didnt like but it was my doing is that the retractable button stopped working because i pulled the cord beyond the red line,and it does states that on the instructions,it actually happened on my first try,so i was bummed but oh well,now i have to wrap it around the handle like every other blow dryer i had.

• Drying Time:
  • Settings/Features:
  • Noise Level:

Ion Shine On

from Fort Collins, CO

Comments about Conair Ionic Ceramic Cord Keeper:

This is a great hairdryer. Conair is a trusted brand and a popular beauty brand as well. My favorite features on this hair dryer is the folding handle and retractable cord. I have found it difficult to find a high wattage hair dryer that has both of these features. Although it is a full size appliance, these features make it perfect for traveling, and storage. It takes up less space in the drawer and does not get tangled with my curling irons. Sometimes the button for the cord doesn't like to work and I have to "help" it retract, or pull it out, push the button, to get it to retract all the way. The last one I had (same brand/model) lasted 3 years with daily use. I loved it so much, I bought the same one. It is priced competively as well and easy to find in local retailers. I have never understood the whole ion thing, but when I first got this product, I did notice a difference in my hair. My hair had less static, was smoother, and had more shine as compared to when I was NOT using an Ion hair dryer. I use this hair dryer daily, and don't want to live or travel without it!

wet hair beware

from Beaver Dam, WI

Comments about Conair Ionic Ceramic Cord Keeper:

I really like this product. This is the second Cordkeeper blow dryer I have bought---after having the first for a few years. Things I love about it: The price is nice! I love the fact that you can roll up the cord. That is such a great feature for storage and for traveling (which I do a lot of). The air comes out hot; so it seems to dry my very thick hair very quickly. But, I also love the cool button because it the air actually circulates out cool. And, that is nice for those hot days when the last thing I want to do is blow hot air on me. Things I am not so fond of: My button to retract the cord had broke. I don't really know why; this blow dryer is getting older, so maybe that's why. But, nonetheless, it makes it hard to retract the cord (however, it is still possible) Also, the cord doesn't seem to be as long as other blow dryers; but, I imagine that is just because of the space it has to store it. Overall, I would get this product an "A"!

I love the Conair Cordkeeper Ion Shine Hair Dryer

from Valparaiso, IN

Comments about Conair Ionic Ceramic Cord Keeper:

As a college student I do a lot of traveling between my dorm and my house.  When I do, I have to take my essentials, like my hair dryer with me.  For this reason this hair dryer works amazing becuase not only does it keep hold of the cord, but it also folds in half.  I don't like that the cord is so short though.  I understand that it is because of the cord keeping part, but it gets annoying having to sit on top of a plug or stand very close to one.  I have thick hair that is difficult to dry and this blow dryer works very hard even though it is kind of loud.  It is very easy to click on the cool button, and I've noticed that it doesn't grab at my hair like some blow dryers do.  It is also not too heavy which makes it better for when I have to spend a long time drying my hair.  I love the cool button feature because it helps me tell where I have hair that is still wet.  I also like that it is not too expensive.

Great idea but didt last :(

from Plattsburgh, NY

Comments about Conair Ionic Ceramic Cord Keeper:

I loved the idea of this product. I hate clutter and messy cords that tangle up all together in the drawer makes me crazy. I purchased this and i must warn people to not be careful as the retractable cord whips back in kind of quick. I blow ry my hair everyday so not having to untangle a cord in the morning was lovely but unfortunetly it did not last. The dryer still works fine but after only 2 months the retractable cord mecanism broke and no longer works :(

Works great but cord stopped retracking

from Allentown, PA

Comments about Conair Ionic Ceramic Cord Keeper:

The Conair Ionic Cord-Keeper 1875 blow dryer is small and easy to store.  The handle folds up and the cord retracks.  There is a button on the side of the Conair Ionic Cord-Keeper 1875 blow dryer that you push to retrack the cord.  I was very upset when my cord stopped retracking after a while so now I have to wrap the cord around the blow dryer when storing it.  It has two settings low and high.  These two setting are enough.  The high gets hot enough to dry thick hair and the low setting works great to.  There is also a blue cool button located above the Low-Off-High switch.  You have to hold the cool button down to use it, it does not work if you push it once.  I find it hard to hold down the cool button and move around the Conair Ionic Cord-Keeper 1875 blow dryer around to dry my hair.  I haven't found a way to take the back off to clean the filter out.  I'm not sure if it can be removed.

this conair dryer is small, light and powerful

from Allston, MA

Comments about Conair Ionic Ceramic Cord Keeper:

I really like this hair dryer. It's probably the first fancy one that I got, considering I've never had any dryer that has the cordkeeper button like this one does. The only thing is that I think the button breaks easily, because mine broke and the other reviewer's broke as well. However, there are two buttons so the feature still works. The cordkeeper feature is what I like the most about this dryer, because it is just so convenient for lazy people like me who do not like to fix or organize the cord. This Conair dryer is also foldable, so it does not take much of space. Even though it is not as big as many dryers out there, I think overall it does very good job-- It is very powerful, by comparing with the ones in hotels (I've only had the bigger ones in the past but I think this one is as powerful as the big ones). It also has the cool air feature, which I like quite alot, especially during the summer.

dries fine--but cord keeper mechanism broke

from Littleton, CO

Comments about Conair Ionic Ceramic Cord Keeper:

I purchased this hair dryer from bed, bath, and beyond about a year and a half ago.  It still works, which says something because I seem to go through hair dryers pretty frequently.  I probably use it on average 4 times a week, and my hair takes awhile to dry.  The cord retracting mechanism broke on it after about 9 months or so.  That was a bummer, but the dryer still works so I have kept it.  It has overheated and shut down maybe a handful of times, but I think that is pretty typical for a dryer especially as it gets older.  Overall, I would say it is average--nothing really that special, but it gets the job done.  I do use a metal core brush when I am using it, which probably makes it heat up even more, and possibly contributes to the overheating issue.  I would purchase this again if it was the same price as a similar, non-cord retracting dryer, but I wouldn't pay more for the cord retracting feature since it broke.

Still working after several years!

from East Lansing, MI

Comments about Conair Ionic Ceramic Cord Keeper:

I received this hair dryer as a gift from my mom several years ago, probably at least 6 years. This is the longest amount of time a hair dryer has ever worked for me. I don't require a fancy hair dryer with several settings and attachments, just something that will get the job done. It doesn't overheat like most of my older hair dryers. I use it everyday and love it. Granted, the cordsaver feature stopped working a couple of years ago. If this is the reason you're considering purchasing the hair dryer, just be prepared for that to stop working at some point. It doesn't bother me, I just keep my hair dryer in a drawer in the bathroom and the cord hasn't gotten in the way. I don't know how much the hair dryer costs, as I wasn't the one to purchase it. But, I definitely know that when it finally stops working, I will be replacing it with another Conair 1875 Cordkeeper. I have been very pleased with the one I own.