Other Air Mattresses:

Intex Air Mattresses

Pros

Cons

Intex Air Beds are Top Quality Sleeping Products

We have a yearly camping trip we take every fourth of July weekend.  This year we decided to camp in our tent and needed an air mattress.  We did a TON of research comparing prices, ratings, just the overall differences between the popular brands.

I came upon the Intex brand at an online retailer.  This retailer listed Intex as one of its top selling brands.  After a number of Google searches, I found out that Intex is in the top 5 on pretty much every website for one of the best air mattress brands out there.  I decided to search for the best price on a Queen size double high model(the one with the downy top and built in pillows).  I eventually found the best prices at two brick and mortar retail stores.  Got an awesome deal the week before our 4th of July trip(50% off MSRP).

We didnt have time to set it up before hand to make sure we liked it so I was nervous.  We got to the campground and immediately plugged it in.  To my surprise it inflated VERY quickly.  It was nice a firm(perfect for both of us).  We werent intending on having our 4yo sleep with us, but she wound up in our bed every night(this was her first camping trip).  It held air over night better than one of the most well known camping brands.  The last purchase I had was from one of the most well known camping brands and it ALWAYS went flat by morning.  The Intex has thicker walls, and held up to two adults and a toddler without going flat overnight(it did lose some air do to the temp change and air pressure overnight).  It was as simple as plugging it in before bed and within less than 5 seconds it was back to full firm size.

The overall comfort was GREAT! We have a mid grade standard mattress at home and I would trade this Intex bed for that in a heartbeat! There was only one down side to using this camping outdoors(also keep in mind this bed is only reccomended for indoor use by the manufacturer, but when well cared for, i.e. water proofing can be used when camping)because it was hot outside, when we slept it collected the condensation from our bodies and drenched the felt topper on the bed.  This is easily cleaned with a simple antibacterial wipe and a light spray of some Febreez.

Overall an AWESOME bed!

Good For A Limited Time

I have had the Intex mattress twice in the course of a year. My most recent one, had a random hole in the top of the mattress. Even though the price, is extremely reasonable, I expected it to hold up better. After only 2 months, one of the seams burst and there was a huge bubble in the left side of the mattress. I am normal weight and take care not to just plop down on it. Very disappointed. I will probably not buy again. Customer service also was not very helpful. Both times that I have had the air bed, the bed begins to deflate quicker the longer I have it. Not sure if that is the same for every airbed, but found that to be annoying. The patch that came with bed, in case of the rip was completely useless. The leak on the mattress continued to fizzle out, despite applying the patch. Husband and I woke up on a half pumped, half flat air bed. We both now are experiencing back pain. Great price, but so not worth it. I would not recommend.

Comfort
Pretty comfortable for an air bed until the seam inevitably bursts.

Extremely firm when pumped all the way up

Great Air Bed. I love it!

Comments about Intex Air Mattresses:

This air bed is very comfortable and suitable to be used as a temporary bed for a new apartment. It sits high off the floor at a height close to an actual mattress on a frame. The bed has a built-in pump which is very convenient. I'm rating the bed a 9 only because my bed tends to deflate a little more than would be expected. It never deflates completely and is easily fixed. Just plug it in!

Good For A Limited Time

Comfort
Pretty comfortable for an air bed until the seam inevitably bursts.

Extremely firm when pumped all the way up

• Firmness:

By far the best air bed I've ever slept on!

Comments about Intex Air Mattresses:

The Intex Queen raised air bed is by far the best air bed I've ever slept on! It's very comfortable with the plush velour pillowtop. Very easy to adjust your perfect comfort level with the built in pump. I have had other air beds that have only lasted a few months. I have been using this Intex bed for over a year now with no problems. I inflate this bed every night and deflate it every morning, which only takes 5 minutes each way. Most air beds do not get this much of a workout in their lifetimes, so I'm very happy with the durability of this bed. I highly recommend this to anyone looking to setup and deflate very frequently! A very GOOD investment!

Good while it lasted.

Comments about Intex Air Mattresses:

I got this Intex Air Mattress when I first moved into my apartment because I didn't have a way to get my bed into the house yet. It was pretty comfortable until there was a hole in it and it slowly leaked. It's not very durable because I don't move much in my sleep and I wouldn't flop on this air mattress. It seemingly came out of no where. But was decent while it lasted.

• Firmness:

Best air bed I've ever owned!

Comments about Intex Air Mattresses:

I got tired of wasting my money buying bigger name air beds that don't stay inflated through the night, so I bought an Intex. What a difference! I have never slept as well on any other air bed. I highly recommend this company's products!

Firmness
Easily adjusts to your desired comfort

• Firmness:

Not your old camp air mattress

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Intex Air Mattresses:

Gotta say I was pleasantly surprised after sleeping on this. Was able to sleep on this mattress for several nights and get a reasonable night's sleep. I found, though after about 4-5 nights on this, my back bothered me if I slept on my back much. As long as I slept on my side, my back was fine. But most people don't use these for more than a few nights in a row, so for that it is totally fine, in my opinion. I like that it's nice and high up off the floor. And really easy to setup -- you just open the little trap door on the side, pull out the plug and plug it in. It is LOUD though, sounds like a cheap vacuum so make sure to fill it before everyone else goes to bed!! Obviously since it's an air mattress you can control the firmness to a certain extent by the amount of air you add to it. So, overall, I was reasonably happy with it. I was never impressed with the old style air mattresses, but this comes much closer to behaving like a real bed and much more tolerable for someone over the age of 12 to sleep on.

Best Air Mattress Ever!

from New Rochelle, NY

Comments about Intex Air Mattresses:

I would definitely recommend this air mattress to any and everybody. I brought it for my roommate because the room we were subletting for the summer had only one bed in it, and we did not want to share it. The type of mattress that I have is a raised downy one with the built-in electric pump. I bought the queen size one, which has measurements of sixty inches by eighty inches by twenty-two inches. It is so easy to inflate because of the built in pump and takes only about five minutes or less to actually be filled. It has a nice soft covering on it, but I still use bedsheets on top just to keep it clean since mattresses are very hard things to clean. In addition, it is very high off the ground, fifty-six centimeters to be exact, so when covered the mattress truly appears not to be an air mattress, but one like that found on a regular bed such as a box spring mattress. It comes with a nice bag that can hold the air mattress, and the pump even has a switch to turn for deflation too.

product never worked

Comments about Intex Air Mattresses:

Never held air. I bought it in November and did not inflate it till March. it leaked right from the start. You could not sleep in it for more than 20 minuets till it had gone down. Since I had purchased it more than 90 days before the company would not replace it even though it had never worked.

Only lasted two months

Comments about Intex Air Mattresses:

Very comfortable mattress, but the durability problem is a deal breaker

Comfort
This would have been a great mattress has it not been for it's durability problem

I used this as my primary bed, so I did not expect it to last forever. But within two months it developed a massive leak from the top of the bed (ironically there were no visible tears/holes, air was just gushing through a large section of the fabric). I wrote to the manufacturer and they basically said there is nothing they can do for me.

• Firmness:

intex full size air mattress is great

from Studio City, CA

Comments about Intex Air Mattresses:

having just moved to college we rented a house that completely unfurnished. We really didn't even have blinds. So we needed to furnish  the whole house, having wooden floors sleeping bag was not really a comfortable option  and buying a full bed was an expensive one, so we found a nice in between that of an air mattress, never having used one before we researched and found out the best one we could get was this intex air mattress. it was highly rated oin amazon and was pretty reasonable, we got it quickly and then setting it up was a complete breeze it has in inbuilt pump you just need to plug it in and soon enough you have an awesome size air mattress,  on top of it i usually lay out a sleeping bag so i get a nice cushioning effect. it has an inbuilt pillow but i just use my own. it hasn't leaked so far and though it feels different from a standard mattress, i am still happy with the cost and mattress, it folds pretty easy into the duffel bag that comes along with it. you can even adjust the amount of "cushion effect" you require, very easy and comfortable to use.