Other Misc. Grocery Items:
Hunt Brothers
Hunt Brothers Pizza (sold at convenience stores)

Hunt Brothers Pizza (sold at convenience stores)

If you're a convenience store junkie, try Hunt Brothers pizza.

When you live in a town of 800, you do not have loads of choices. I deal with this by cooking at home most nights, but I am impressed with Hunt Brothers pizza from the local grocery and bait shop. Yes. They sell bait, hunting knives and cami gear.

Clyde (who owns the community store) knows what hits the spot. He used to have a lunch counter in the community store, but he's shifted over to auto parts along with emergency groceries and some quickie foods like Hunt Brothers Pizza. This guy goes with the flow and floated a really small town store for as far back as I can recall.

We can get hot wings, hot dogs or Hunt Brothers Pizza to go (with two tables to eat in like family beside the cash register). If Clyde sells it, then it's good. He's no dummy. But, he's kind of easing out. His sons are there more often. They sell Hunt Brothers still.

Hunt Brothers Pizza is not some southern small town dive pizza. They have 6000 locations. They picked up on the convenience store locations. That is great for some of us tiny town dwellers.

The deal here is that Hunt Brothers sells the frozen pizzas (don't go yuck yet) to convenience stores and little tiny town stores. The franchise operators (who sell loads of other things) can stick a pizza in with any toppings wanted from a long list. They have a little side pizza stand going. This could be a really awful thing, but it's not. Hunt Brothers pizzas are tasty, and they can be made by most anyone most anywhere. They can be made right here and be yummy in a town that is a little fish in the pond of small towns.

Clyde has a good eye and a good palate. He does not sell stuff in his little store that does not appeal. If he did, he would have gone under long ago. If we want take out, then we know we can ring up and get a pizza -- Hunt Brothers brand.

Yeah. I would rank Pizza Hutt and other delivery places a little higher on taste, but I can't think of any convenience store pizzas that come close. If you're on the road or if you live in a small town, then Hunt Brothers is very good. The price is nice too. You don't get delivery, but you don't get the mark up either. I wish we had more pizza options here, but I must give a thumbs up to Hunt Brothers for tasty pizza at very reasonable prices that can be bought by the slice on the spot or ordered by the pizza pie. We call in just every once in a while and always enjoy pizza that is ready to eat without any work.

gross

nasty foul both times I've tried it it was gross!!! I've never had pizza this bad before and I've worked in a prison! I didn't finish either slice. I thought the first time was a fluke but it wasn't. if you love pizza this ain't the goods. from talking to the store clerk I'm not the only one.

I will be back many times, great pizza, and great prices .

from Lincolnton NC

Comments about Hunt Brothers Pizza (sold at convenience stores):

This is the best pizza in Lincolnton NC bar none.

A Convient Way To Get Pizza

from Danville, VA

Comments about Hunt Brothers Pizza (sold at convenience stores):

I love pizza. I have tried many varieties of pizza in terms of frozen, mom and pop, big chains.

Lets start with the base of the pizza, pizza crust, sauce and cheese.

The base is premade and is frozen. This isn't bad as it seems to come back to life after it goes into the oven. The toppings are very sparse not a bad thing. but it could use a bit more. i'm sure this depends on which store you get your pizza from as it doesn't seem to have a standard number of toppings or weight of ingredients to add.

the pizza sauce, it's not the best and not the worst. it seems to have a bit of an after taste that I can taste but it's not completely unpleasant.

the price. ~10.00 per pie. this isn't a bad price. considering similar frozen pizza brands in the sense of weight toppings and rising crust are only slightly under that level.

the cheese is pretty good, not a lot of pull but still rich with laste.

the toppings themselves, avg nothing special.

all in all it's a good pizza to pick up if you are running late or don't feel like cooking lunch or dinner.

inconsistant

Comments about Hunt Brothers Pizza (sold at convenience stores):

These pizzas are very inconsistent, I think it mostly depends on the person who makes the pizza. The ingredients seem to be all there and the taste comes together, but sometimes you'll get more or less of one ingredient or the other. They use good quality cheese and pepperoni, but the crust lacks in taste and texture. The crust reminds me of the old "cardboard crust" that domino's used to have. Not a bad snack on the go, but not something i would want to eat all of the time.

gross

Comments about Hunt Brothers Pizza (sold at convenience stores):

Better Pizza than Pizza Hut, Dominos, etc...

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Hunt Brothers Pizza (sold at convenience stores):

This pizza is by far the best pizza I have ever had.  They don't charge for additional toppings unless you want extra cheese.  The pizza comes loaded with whatever toppings you have chosen.  If you want excellent pizza for less try Hunts Brothers pizza!

Hunt's Brothers Pizza's are great!

from Marble Falls, TX

Comments about Hunt Brothers Pizza (sold at convenience stores):

I have a convenience store in my hometown that serves Hunts Brothers Pizzas.   A friend of mine and I will occasionally buy one for lunch instead of ordering from one of the name brand pizza places in town.  We get the supreme and it has always been good.  I especially like the yeast crust.  It tastes like homemade bread.  It is great!

Hunt brothers Pizza tastes great,quick and at a store nearby u

from Evington, VA

Comments about Hunt Brothers Pizza (sold at convenience stores):

***This Pizza is really tasty.If one word could describe it ,that would be Yummy.Plus you do not have to spend alot for the quality. Another big plus is that it is sold at nearby stores in lots of locations.I have always found that it had plenty of toppings  and chesse. I would recommend you try a slice and I bet next time you will go back for a whole pizza.***

Hunts Brothers Pizza is very tastey

from Liberty, TX

Comments about Hunt Brothers Pizza (sold at convenience stores):

**Hunts Brohers Pizza is a very  delious pizzas with all the toppings on it and how it is all the way done . The pizza has the right amount of ingredients and sprend out like it should be done. They take pride in makingthem for their customers. I will always wat to by Hunts Brothers Pizza.**

Extremely good.

from Stanton, KY

Comments about Hunt Brothers Pizza (sold at convenience stores):

This is my favorite kind of pizza.  When he actually order one, I pig out on it.  I really can't pick out anything wrong with it.  The cheese is great, the sauce is really tasty.  It's good all-around.  If you haven't tried it yet, you don't know what you're missing.

This is a great pizza at a great price

from Sylvania, AL

Comments about Hunt Brothers Pizza (sold at convenience stores):

I really love hunts pizzas these are great for the price I am sold on there delishousness and hope you will enjoy them as much as I have I hope everyone will give them a try you will not be disipointed I love em and would eat one everyday if I could

Love em