Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:
Hamilton Beach
Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Slow Cooker

Summary

The Hamilton 5 Quart Slow Cooker is large enough for a 5 lb chicken or 3 lb roast, making it perfect for meals up to 5 people. The removable stoneware and detachable lid are dishwasher safe and make for easy cleanup.

Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

• Cooking Performance:

Home cooked meals In one pot

from Lockport NY

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Slow Cooker:

Overall this is a great crockpot to cook stews,soups and more in. But it does take a while to heat up and get hot and cook. Overall I like it and would recommend it. I own this product and giving my own review, I did not receive it from any where. It's a very easy crockpot to use. It is great besides the heat up time which is approximately half hour. I have cooked more than 2 hands full of meals In this crockpot, I have had it a while and it still is alive and cooking. Once it get's heated up. It does cook very well. I love the lid this comes with. It has rubber under the lid to prevent sliding of the lid. Awesome feature.

Time to Heat
Takes a while to heat up. about half hour.

Cooking Performance
It cooks great once heated up, Cooks chili pretty fast, probably in 1 hour. I love the cooking performance of this product.

Very easy to clean. Insert bowl comes out and inside can be easily wiped down. Crock pot bowl is dishwasher safe or just handwash.

Very easy to use. Love it. You put the bowl insert in, plug it in and heat it up, Load food into it, and put the lid on top and let it cook.

I like the ease of design, Nothing to difficult.

Great Durability.

good slow cooker

from St. Paul, MN

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Slow Cooker:

I actually got this slow cooker from a Savers store for a steal and it was a great purchase. I'll be honest in saying I've only used it about five to ten times. Every time I've used it my food has always turned out great. I also use it for a lot of parties to keep previously cooked food hot while on the buffet table and the food doesn't get dried out which is nice.

Time to Heat
It gets hot pretty fast, but it does take time to fully cook certain things.

Like any larger slow cooker, it is a bit tedious to clean just because of the size and weight of the inside ceramic pot. Not that it's hard to clean, the surface is very smooth and things come off well, it's just awkward, especially if you have a smaller sink.

The only complaint I have is that the cord is a little shorter than I'd prefer. I use it for buffets and often have to adjust where I put the table because the plug ins aren't close enough.

Love love love!

from Rustburg, VA

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Slow Cooker:

This is a great crock pot! The removable liner is great for cleaning, I love the see through lid and the lid has a steam hole so it doesn't boil over at all. It heats thoroughly and evenly. It also travels well and I love that it has the keep warm function. I haven't been able to find anything about this that I don't like!

Great Crock Pot!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Slow Cooker:

I received this crock pot as a wedding gift two years ago, and it has worked great for me so far! I use it often, for company, and pot lucks ect. and it works wonderfully! I used it one time to make a casserole for church and I did not figure enough time to cook it. So my food was still cold when it was time to eat! So it is wise to experiment with it before you use it for company! It is not as hot as the old one I was used to using! But it works great, just have to get used to it! It is easy to use, easy to clean, and I am very happy with this product! I would recommend it to a friend!

Time to Heat
Like I said, experiment with it before you use it for company

Works very well!

I love how the inside comes out to clean. (My old one did not come out) and of course I love the black look but it shows dirt alot more than a white one does!

Very easy ti use!

I love the design of this crock pot!

I am very happy with the quality and durability of this product!

• Cooking Performance:

Slow cookers are so handy

from Elmont, NY

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Slow Cooker:

I had to replace our old slow cooker. It was several years old and was beginning to rust from things leaking over the side.Plus the handle on the lid broke-it made it very hard to get the lid off. So one thing I looked for on a new one was a handle that would be less likely to break. The new cooker I got is slghter smaller than the old one, only 5 qts, but there are only 2 of us in the house now. The new pot, which i actually number 33269, has a lid that seals shut, so that it won't leak and it can be carried from place to place.

Time to Heat
Heated up fairly quickly, it i a small cooker.

Cooking Performance
Everything cooked in the exact time the recipe called for.

Can't belive it took so long for them to make removable crocks, ever since clening is a cinch.

You can't get much esier than this- just fill, cover and leave it alone.

Its the same as most other slow cooker designs. Maybe one day they'll make square ones that are easier to store and fill.

Don't know yet, its brand new.

• Cooking Performance:

Does all the work while you are away!!!

from Kingwood, TX

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Slow Cooker:

This crock pot works great!! I work all day so just putting in the ingredients and flipping on the switch in the morning and heading off to work is an easy way to make a delicious dinner. When I get hoe from work at the end of the day...dinner is done.

Time to Heat
Instantly starts to heat up the minute you turn it on. Goes from off to high very quickly.

Cooking Performance
I pretty much use the low temperature since I let it do all of the work while I am away all day. I have cooked roasts, pulled pork, and even enchaladas. They all have been wonderful. I have even browned meats.

The inner glass lines just slips out very easily for cleaning. The lid washes up easily also. Just sponge out the casing.

Crock pot cooking is the best. I started as a college student with my first crock pot. There are tons of great recipes out there that make cooking ideas a breeze. This crock pot is so easy to use and comes with a great recipe booklet to get you started.

Sleek black and silver design looks great in any kitchen.

This brand is a winner!! Last a long time and lets you cook hundreds of meals.

• Cooking Performance:

Perfect for family meals on sports nights

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Slow Cooker:

We have 2 growing kids in sports. It is hard to coordinate my husbands arrival home from work, sports time, and meal time. I love making crockpot meals and leaving them on the keep warm feature so that my husband can eat while I am driving kids to their sports. I like to use crock pot liners for easier clean up. I hope to add a larger crock pot to my kitchen soon. My smaller one gets lots of use.

Time to Heat
Seems to heat up quickly.

Cooking Performance
Sometimes things cook a little faster than I would like.

I do have some problems cleaning it. I think it is my fault since I tend to let it sit for a while before cleaning. I have started to use crock pot liners to help with the cleaning.

Easy to use.

Love the snap on cover so I can take it to go.

Transports well. Very durable. No problems