Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:
Hamilton Beach
Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker

Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker

Pros

• Dishwasher safe (4)
  • Easy to operate (4)
  • Variety of uses (3)

• Meats (3)
  • Veggies (3)

Love My Crock-Pot

The crock-pot is a very versatile piece of equipment for the kitchen. You can use it t make soups and stews, chili and rice and vegetables. This is a very easy machine for even a novice to create excellent meals. It allows creativity in an effortless manner. I like to fill mine up at night and keep it in the fridge, then in the morning I simply put the ceramic pot into the metal crock, turn it on and go to work. When ever I get home, supper is ready. My food always tastes like somebodies grandmother made it. My kids love when I use our crock-pot. I love the shiny red metallic finish. It is super easy to keep clean, usually I just wipe with a damp clean cloth. The black ceramic interior is gorgeous. The glaze finish is thick and smooth. It can be kept in the fridge before and after use and it is dishwasher safe as well. I love it because it uses very little electricity. It is not an expensive item to buy and it will save you money over time if you use it regularly. It saves me money because the food it makes tastes so good there are never any left overs, no wasted food means no wasted money. It looks great in my kitchen. The bright bold splash of color really brightens up the space. They make wonderful gifts for holidays or anniversaries or as a wedding gift. If you do not already have a crock-pot, you should seriously think about getting one. This one would be perfect for you!

Not bad for the price

For the price I am happy with the slow cooker. I would have liked if it had a locking lid but that would have cost a lot more. The size is great, i was abe to cook a 5 lb roast with no issuses in it.

Not bad for the price

from Ohio

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe
  • Easy to Operate
  • Holds a lot

Cons

• non locking lid

• Rice

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

Definitely would buy this brand again it's the best

from Piedmont Alabama

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe
  • Easy to Operate
  • Variety of Uses

• Casseroles
    • Chilli
    • Stews

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

Love this because you can can so many things in it from something as simple as rice to a casserole with ease & ,very little work for a great meal easy to clean anyone can make a great meal using this !!!!

Love My Crock-Pot

from montreal quebec

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Compact Size
    • Dishwasher Safe
    • Easy to Operate
    • Variety of Uses

• Rice

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

Very BASIC but gets it done!

from Las Vegas, NV

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Dishwasher Safe
      • Easy to Operate
      • Variety of Uses

Cons

• No Indicator Light

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

I really like this Hamilton Beach slow cooker. It's size and capacity seem to be consistent most standard crock-pot types that most recipes are written for, so that's helpful when things to cook. I've used mine to make everything from pulled pork, stews with potatoes that I mashed afterward to chicken wings. I've never experienced any trouble with it concerning cook times or temperatures. Sure, I'll admit, more features could be nice (this one has only On, High, Low and Keep Warm), but the lack of additional features certainly hasn't prevented me from cooking whatever I'd like.

The only feature that is truly lacking for me is an indicator light of some sort; I don't need anything fancy, just a simple red light that will illuminate to let me know when the slow cooker is on. I can, of course, confirm its status by checking the dial on the front of the heating base, but I just think an indicator light would be helpful.

Perfect size, perfect product

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

Hamilton Beach 5-quart oval slow cooker is a wonderful option for a crock pot. Great size, fits a 5 pound chicken or a 3 pound roast. The lid has gaskets, meaning it stays well anchored to the base to keep spills to a minimum. Dishwasher safe, meaning easy to clean. Such a great way to cook meals, put it on in the morning and by the evening you have a wonderful flavorful meal!

Time to Heat
      Multiple heat settings make this slow cooker the perfect option to make delightful meals even while you are gone for the day. Heats quickly, but the temperature quickly levels out and heats food evenly and slowly.

Cooking Performance
      Excellent cooking performance! The slow cooking time and low temperature ensures that the food will remain nutrient dense.

Dishwasher safe, so very easy to clean.

Very few settings and all are self explanatory.

Very pretty red color, and nice sleek design. Does not take up too much space on your kitchen counter.

Lasts, lasts, and lasts!

Cute little Slow Cooker

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

The only reason I gave it an overall rating of 9 versus 10 is because I feel that it's just too small for what I want to slow cook in it. I say this because my husband won it at last years Company Christmas Banquet so it wasn't chosen/purchased by me. I love that it ended up being red and matched our other kitchen appliances but I've overflowed the contents of it a couple times because the recipes that were supposed to fit in this particular model, didn't. Otherwise, it's cute, easy to use and clean, durable and efficient.

Time to Heat
      I feel the different temperature settings are accurate and heat up fast and maintain the temperature it is supposed to.

Cooking Performance
      As far as cooking the content of the slow cooker evenly, accurately and in a timely manner, I am satisfied. Again, as mentioned in my Overall rating, this product is just too small for my liking.

Anything that makes my life easier by being dishwasher safe is okay in my book. As for the outer base which obviously cannot be stuck in the dishwasher because of the power cord, it cleans out with ease. No scrubbing hard or trying to figure out how to get those ugly stains out that always tend to accumulate over time in the base.

Crock Pots/Slow Cookers were invented to be easy to use so this is an automatic 10 in my opinion. Put the ingredients in. Turn it on desired/required temp setting and let it do it's job for a few hours while you go about your day. One of life's greatest inventions for moms if you ask me.

Simple, modern and my favorite color, red!

Base is sturdy and solid and the pot is thick and withstands slips in the sink from soapy hands. Hasn't broken yet so I'm happy.

• Cooking Performance:

Highly recommend. Great slow cooker!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

I was originally attracted to this slow cooker because of the color. I really didn't expect to use it much, as I was doubtful of the quality due to the price. It has exceeded ALL expectations. It cooks evenly, is easy to clean, and had remained consistent from day one. It's the perfect size for a family of four. It's performance has earned me the proud title of 'Slow Cookin Queen' and had diversified our menu significantly. I highly recommend this slow cooker.

Cooking Performance
      It consistently performs well. It has 3 settings which gives you control over how fast the food is cooked.

Haven't had any problems getting it clean. Can usually just wipe it out with the dishes. The 'tough' jobs have been resolved by simply filling with water for an hour or two, then washing as normal.

Very easy! Just insert ingredients, turn to the appropriate setting, and walk away. Let it do the work for you!

Beautiful color that had not faded or been scratched away. The handles are sturdy.

I expect to use this for years to come.

Perfect Size!

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

I'm newly married and love to cook. I love the size, it seems very small, but I can cook quite a lot in it. Its cooks much faster then I other slow cookers I've used. Love the color too.

Time to Heat
      The last slow cooker I used was my parents, bought two years ago. in comparison mine cooks twice as fast.

The size makes it fit in my sink nicely, and cleans easily.

Had problem with lid, seems it should be a bit bigger. I do like the rubber on the bottom of lid and tie to hold it in place.

Hopeful should last my a long time.

Time Saving

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

I was drawn to this slow cooker primarily because of its design. The red color is so vibrant and goes beautifully with the rest of my kitchen. For the price I had not expected much from it but was plesently surprized after using it. It heated up in no time at all and when it was hot, it was hot! My husband's chili came out perfectly. After the meal was put away, I was ready to soak and scrub for clean up. Again the slow cooker plesently surprized me and was as easy as cleaning any other dish! Not only was it simple to cook with, it was easy to clean! Even the times when I had not cleaned our slow cooker the same day, there was no soaking and hard scrubbing. Every meal we prepair with our slow cooker comes out perfectly cooked. There are no undercooked pieces and overdone pieces of meat, or potato, or any other component of the meal. I have nothing negative to say about this. It has saved myself so much time, I absolutely love this slow cooker!

Great Slow Cooker

from Kansas City, Missouri

Comments about Hamilton Beach 5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker:

When I went to purchase a new slow cooker, the cheapest one they had at the time was completely out of stock. This Hamilton Beach slow cooker was the next one they had on the self for a decent price. I wasn't only just purchasing the cheapest one, but I loved the red color of this one and just had to have it! I'm so happy that I did choose this one, it has be an absolutely great investment! So far I have made all kinds of things in my slow cookers, from roasts to soups and have yet to be disappointed!

Time to Heat
      Doesn't take long to heat things up, with in a few minutes you can already feel and see the inside getting warm or hot, which ever you choose.

Cooking Performance
      Great cooking all kinds of food, always comes out wonderful.

Easy to clean, just need to let it soak every now and then before washing out.

Extremely easy to use and take apart.

Great design, love the red color it comes in!

Extremely durable, I've unintentionally banged it around a few times and there still isn't even an dent in it. The glass cover is also very resilient to being knocked around a bit.