Other Coffees:
Bold Coffee, Dark Roast Coffee, Full Bodied Coffee, Regular Ground Coffee
Folgers
Folgers Black Silk Coffee

Folgers Black Silk Coffee

The 'Bold yet Smooth' Motto is for real!

The Folgers Black Silk Coffee with the "Bold yet smooth" taste is a dark roast coffee blend.

I love my coffee in the early mornings and this dark...Read complete review

I love my coffee in the early mornings and this dark aromamic coffee has a great smell when you open the can first thing in the morning! I could hardly wait until the coffee was done brewing!

I'm one of those who will put another coffee cup under the spout of my coffee maker to get a fast cup! Of course this is messy so I advise that you get one of the coffee makers that have the button so you can do this.

Since I also drink coffee during the day, and I have to have my cup or two after supper, this Black Silk dark blend  has a full bodied flavor that makes it good at any time of the day.

I buy the  27.8 ounce can with the stay fresh lid. This is a good buy in most grocery stores for the price.

This a must tor the coffee lovers who like  a strong cup of coffee, even when fresh brewed. Folgers made a home run with this brand!

A real disappointment!

When I first discovered Folger's Black Silk, I thought "Wow! Folger's has stepped up!" Boy, was I wrong. It was a step down. I bought 2 large containers and would not but it again.

It's just plain dark and bland! There's very little flavor and NO bite at all.

It's pretty... but worthless!

When You Need An Extra Caffeine Kick In The Morning

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Folgers Black Silk Coffee:

Most of the time I brew a medium roast coffee in the morning; I like to have a somewhat strong taste and the medium roast coffees are the best choice for that type of flavor. When I know I am going to be out of the house most of the day or I had a late night and need a little extra caffeine kick I go with Folgers Black Silk. This brews up a little darker than regular coffees so if you are using milk or creamer with it you have to be careful that you don't add too much to it. If you are judging it on the color alone, chances are you are going to add too much milk.

I prefer to get this in the smaller 10.3 ounce container because it isn't something that I brew all of the time; when it larger one is on sale I will get it and keep it in the basement freezer once I have opened it so that it stays fresh. The smell of this when it is brewing is amazing. Some of the richer, bolder coffee blends can have a slightly burned smell to them when they are brewing but this doesn't. I like my coffee hot and most of the time I have to microwave the coffee after it has been brewed because it cools off in the pot. Sometimes microwaving it, even for 30 seconds, can change the taste of coffee but that has never happened with the Black Silk.

Even though Folgers coffee is sold almost everywhere it can be hard to find some of the specialty coffee flavors that they make. There are only a couple of grocery stores in the area that sell this so when I see they have the smaller containers on sale I will grab one if I am running low. Most of the time the stores put the larger 27 ounce containers on sale so I'll get one and fill up the smaller container with that. I haven't seen the K-Cup variety yet but if they are priced right I might switch to those instead of getting the plastic containers.

Great tasting!

Comments about Folgers Black Silk Coffee:

I am an avid coffee drinker and I love to start my dad with Folgers Black Silk Coffee. It really helps me start my day. Black silk has such a fantastic taste. It's smooth and has a deep, rich flavor that I like to savor. The quality is great and I know that every cup is going to be a satisfying experience.

A good Folgers choice for dark roast folks

Comments about Folgers Black Silk Coffee:

To be fair I'm not really a dark roast person. Unfortunately my husband is, and he's really picky. Thus I usually go for a dark roast that's not too bitter for me to tolerate. This one is a good choice for that. It's dark enough to appease my dark roast loving hubby, and it's "medium" enough not to make me cringe.

It makes the day worth waking up for.

Comments about Folgers Black Silk Coffee:

Every morning my husband puts the coffee on to brew. The aroma drifts into my bedroom and I find that I just can't wait to get up and get a cup of this coffee. Hands down Folgers is the coffee to have in the cupboard and black silk is definitely my flavor of choice as it is so bold and so rich....I absolutely love it.

pretty good stuff

Comments about Folgers Black Silk Coffee:

Never thought I'd buy folgers but gave this a try because I'm on a budget. It's pretty decent coffee and this is coming from a former snobby barista lol. I would recommend buying one of those weird black funnel things in the coffee isle and some cone filters for a pour over. If you don't know what that means look it up because it's a great way to get a good tasting cup of coffee and you don't need to make a whole pot. peace

I enjoy this coffee every morning.

Comments about Folgers Black Silk Coffee:

A great tasting coffee. I use it in Cafe Cups with my Keurig coffee machine. I brew this each morning and have two large cups each day. sometimes I brew a large cup in the afternoon. My wife likes it and has two cups each morning to help her with her headaches.

Love the bold flavor

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Folgers Black Silk Coffee:

I am an avid coffee drinker. I love the stuff. I have found that my tastes have favored the more bold and rich blends than those of a breakfast blend. Black Silk is just that, silky. It's robust yet smooth.

When I do find the Black Silk at the stores that I do shop, I will buy 2-3 canisters of it just so that I can stock up.

I find it difficult to find at times and it's depressing having to settle for a different brand or type of folgers.

This stuff is actually pretty good!

from Sarasota, FL

Comments about Folgers Black Silk Coffee:

This is really a nice, bold coffee.  Unlike Starbucks, the taste is more "coffee" like.  It's bold and rich and satisfying.  Not for the person who loves weak coffee!  Not quite as strong as Starbucks, but has a nice soundness to it.  I've always been a fan of Folgers, and this is not a disappointment.

Good coffee

from Hendersonville, TN

Comments about Folgers Black Silk Coffee:

I'm on a tight budget so I can't afford to pay for premium coffee, but I also LOVE coffee and won't drink it if it tastes bad. Folgers Black Silk is a great compromise. It tastes good and it's fairly inexpensive. I definitely commend it!

El Dorado, Shangri-La, Avalon, Nirvana and Black Silk

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Folgers Black Silk Coffee:

Black Silk is the exact point where robust and smooth meet. This is an excellent coffee where if your taste buds aren't incinerated by hot sauce, habenaros and cigarettes you will revel in the delicate clarity of its stout charecter.  If you like bitter coffee with an acidic bite and loitering caustic aftertaste you won't like this coffee.  I liken it to a fine wine that has a delightful opening then moves to a significant body and then developes into a refined, clear finish. This is the journey every sip will bring to you.

I fall asleep at night with a smile knowing this great joy awaits.