Other Odor Removers:

Febreze Fabric Refresher

Pros

Cons

Breezing Freshness in Home and Air

I have always enjoyed the freshness of **Febreeze** and find the pet products (which now include candles) to be very effective. I was thrilled to "meet" the newest life of **Febreeze **products, the **Fabric Refresher** that works in the air also.

**Febreeze Fabric and Refresher** comes in several different scents:

- Meadows & Rain
- Linen and Sky
- Lavender Vanilla & Comfort
- Citrus and Light
- Spring Renewal

**Febreeze Fabric and Refresher **is so easy to use, and the new handle is more comfortable to hold.  You simply squeeze the trigger and spray across your furniture or clothing (yes I have even used it to brighten the scent of my laundry) and then taking wide sweeps depress the trigger releasing mist in the air and on your furniture.  That's it. Your furniture and home smell fresh and clean.

***My Viewpoint: *Febreeze Fabric and Refresher **has a wonderfully light scent that lingers in the air and on my fabrics. I admit to lying down on my comforter and simply enjoying the scent after spraying the bedroom and bed.  The handle is so easy to use and the fine mist distributes easily throughout the furniture and air.  It lasts a for about an hour, I wish it was longer, especially when guests are going to be in the house. One of my favorite features is that it doesn't cover the odor up, but actually eliminates it.  I also wish the bottle was a little bit bigger, especially for the price, which is quite expensive for air freshener. You also have to be careful walking on tile or wood floors after spraying the air, it tends to land on the floor and make it slippery to walk on.  I was going to add I wish that there were more holiday or seasonal scents available, to only learn today on line that there are scents available for the fall, scents that include apples, cinnamon and pumpkin all available in the Air Effects and Candles. You can even get coupons on line at Febreeze.com so you can try them and save some money in the bargain.

* I received a complimentary bottle of Febreeze Fabric and Refreshener in exchange for a fair and unbiased review.*

Febreze Fabric Refresher, does it really work?

I have purchased the Febreze Fabric Refresher to eliminate any unwanted odors from my family room sectional.

This is the most visited room in our house, whether it's just our family or if we have company over.  That is why I want to keep it smelling good and new.

We don't have any pets at the time, but I do have small children that have "christened" it already with various bodily fluids:)

I like the ease of spraying the couch.  I think it provides great coverage and is quick to apply.  I wish it was a little quicker to dry, but I guess it depends on the amount you use.

The price is very reasonable and it comes in a great economy-sized bottle.  They should really consider making it more "green", perhaps something refillable?

I try not to use around the children so much, especially because of their allergies.  So I usually just give it a quick dousing once they're in bed.  Plus this way, I won't have to worry about it drying not fast enough.

I don't feel like my couch is really gross, as I've only had it for 2 years, but I like it because I feel like I'm giving it a good 'refresher'.  Does the scent last long, no.  Does it really refresh the fabric?  I'm not so sure.  I would like to see more variety of fragrances available so that it could be easier to judge and a better air freshener for the home.

It's okay for a temporary fix.

from West Virginia

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher:

I just don't find this as effective as other products and fabric refreshers on the market. It's an okay product and has a decent smell but it's kind of heavy and a little irritating to my sinuses. Also, I can tell it's not a natural scent.

I like to use this on the couch occasionally because we have a dog and three cats. They tend to cause the furniture to just have an odor about it. Although the animals themselves don't smell bad, it seems like where they sleep does.

The curtains and drapes in the house also have a musty odor from my boyfriend smoking. I don't like this so I'll use this on those as well and it does an okay job of penetrating the fibers and masking the smell. I don't believe it takes the odor away though so much as just masking it.

There's other products on the market that are natural and do a better job in my opinion. This just kind of temporarily fixes things. When I use it on clothes, I'll turn them wrong side out first and spray the inside then the outside. It leaves clothes damp for a while so I will toss them in the dryer for a minute or two to set the smell. I work in a restaurant so my uniform just has a smell to it. Unfortunately, not even Febreeze can really do much for it. I'm just not overly impressed with the fabric refreshers and the scents are a bit irritating.

It does okay at masking smells but eventually they come right back. Also, this isn't very strong other than the smell being very loud.

I am not a fan of the scent. It smells like someone added too much perfume to the formula.

Great for furniture

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher:

I love all the Febreze products that have emerged in the last couple of years. We have a large dog that loves to sleep anywhere he can fit his big butt. Since the couch can not be washed the same our sheets can to get his smell off of them I regularly use Febreze fabric refresher to combat the dog smell.I love it! It eliminates his smell from my couch and carpet with just a few quick sprays and leaves my whole room smelling amazing. I love that there are a few different scents to choose from, I am partial to the lavender. I have never had any problems with it having a reaction and staining any type of material I have used it on so far. I have used it on our carpet, our couch made of microfiber, the dog bed made of cotton and fleece and our throw pillows made of polyester. The Febreze also comes in two different sizes making it convenient to get the amount I need. The company also regularly releases coupons for it in the Sunday paper making it a very affordable and, in our house, a necessity.

Doesn't just mask the odors, it eliminates them

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher:

Being a woman, I am always looking for things to make my house smell better. We have multiple pets, so it is quite a task. Febreeze definitely steps up to the plate, and makes my life so much easier. A quick walk through the house, spritzing any cloth areas, and you would swear I just spent all day cleaning. There are scents available to suite any preference, and the smells do not give me a headache like some perfumes can.

I love using candles, melts, and sprays to make my home smell delicious, but once the scent fades, the odors return. This doesn't happen with Febreeze Fabric Refresher. It truly helps to eliminate the odors, so even after the fresh scent fades, you have a clean smelling home.

Every scent available is pleasing and fresh. They last quite a while, and aren't offensively strong. Some perfume type products irritate my sinuses and give me a headache, but I haven't had this problem with Febreeze products.

Febreeze fabric refresher

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher:

This is an awesome invention for stinky fabrics that are not so easy to just throw in the wash, like couches, beds, curtains, carpets and huge comforters. I love how this instantly makes my couch or wherever it is I sprayed it smell wonderful. Instantly body odor, food smells, anything is just gone. It also makes the entire room smell wonderful just by spraying it on the couch/carpet. It dries quickly too so you don't have to stay off the furniture or carpet but for a few minutes.

Performs very well. I have a few couches that just seem to absorb odors, having them cleaned is costly so febreze is my go to to get rid of the smells. I spray this on and all I smell is the wonderful light scent of febreze. It lasts a long time as well.

I love how the original febreze smells. It has such a light, airy, refreshing smell. It absorbs all your stinky smells from fabrics and makes them smell simply delightful.

How did I ever live without this?

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher:

You can't own pets or kids without Febreze Fabric Refresher. Ok, so maybe I don't "own" my kids. Actually, I think they might own me! At least you would think so by the looks and smell of my house sometimes. All I can say is that Febreze is a lifesaver. Especially when a last-minute guest is coming over. No matter how quickly I tidy the house and eradicate the source of bad smells (like the kids' dirty socks on the couch or the rug that the wet dog rolled on) the house never feels clean until it smells clean. I just do my little "Febreze Rain Dance" (as my husband calls it) and skip around the house raining a spritz of Febreze onto the offending fabrics. Then "voilà"! Odors gone! It really is impressive. I'm not the kind of person that likes constant air fresheners and I hate dealing with oils, diffusers and candles, but I can appreciate a fresh-smelling house. Febreze is the answer. Fast and immediately effective.

Freshening your Fabrics

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher:

This product can be sprayed on almost any type of fabric for an instant boost of freshness. it takes care of all of the odors that can accumulate inside of the home, and it can be used everywhere -the living room, the laundry room, the bedroom -anywhere that you need a burst of freshness.

The spray bottle has adjustable nozzle so you can choose the level of spray power that you want. My biggest complaint is that they all seem to spray fast and a lot, so you can really go through a bottle of Febreze in no time at all.

I use this everywhere in the house, on the sofa, on the drapery and on my bed. there are several scents available and the Thai Dragon Fruit is my absolute favorite. It has such an amazing smell and it lasts for quite a while after it is sprayed.

This is a great product to have on hand at all times of the day. You can use it in the house and out of it, too, so don't forget to use it in the car and the gym and anywhere else you need that great boost of freshness.

Febreze has expanded their scent options since the original came out. I recommend those because they have a far more pleasant smell.

Overwhelming Scent

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher:

Febreeze Fabric Refresher stood out to me prior to purchasing and trying it out, primarily due to the interesting commercial that promised a lot in terms of keeping the house smelling fresh. Upon trying the product out, I could not even finish the bottle. The scents are overpowering. The strong odor produced by this freshener actually smells extremely synthetic and is distracting to any visitors. I prefer to use household products that mask various odors without having a strong odor themselves. With Febreze freshener, I felt that it was evident for the guests that I was trying to mask other smells with using this product. And that defeats the whole purpose of this product. I will not be purchasing this item again.

Does not eliminate tough odors. This product only masks them.

The scents are extremely strong and irritating to my senses. I wish there were alternate gentle smells available.

Keeps surfaces clean and smelling fresh

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher:

Febreze Fabric Refresher is my go-to product whenever there are bad scents in my house or office at work. I have two dogs, and sometimes they bring in bad scents that get trapped in the carpet. I feel like I'm constantly using Febreze Fabric Refresher to keep my house smelling clean. I spray the couches and carpet.

At my office, I will frequently spray the chairs in the waiting room to keep them smelling fresh and to get the germs lifted from the fabric.

It's really easy to purchase Febreze products because you can find them at almost any store. They are available at hardware stores, grocery stores, or larger pharmacies. Also, you can normally find a coupon to make the Febreze products even more affordable.

This has a great scent that is not overpowering. I think it smells light and airy, and it keeps your house smelling great long after you spray the Febreze product.

Febreze fabric refresher

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher:

I love Febreze fabric refresher!! I literally use this stuff everywhere in my home: the carpets, the couches, rugs, shower curtains, mattresses, curtains, decorative pillows, comforters! It makes all of my fabric surfaces smell so good like they have just been freshly washed! I spritz about three or four sprays on a surface and it holds the scent really well, sometimes even weeks! It's not too strong so it won't set off my families allergies but it has just enough scent to be noticeably fresh! I have tried a few different scents of Febreze fabric refresher and I have loved every single one of them!! It's so easy to use and works wanders on all the bad smells in my home from my young son and my dog. I have received a lot of comments of surprise that I even have a dog because my friends have said that the house smells so good to have a dog living in it! I would definetly recommend Febreze fabric refresher to anyone who wants their house to smell amazing!

Really Removes Bad Smells

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Febreze Fabric Refresher:

Febreze really does remove bad smells from your house. I have used lots of air freshener's over the years and they are ok if there is no offensive odor, but if you do have something that stinks in your house, I think those other products just layer one good smell on top of another smell and I think it makes it worse.

Febreze really seems to remove the odor. I usually just spray the air around the smell and the smell disappears right away. If I've cooked something that might have tasted good, but left the kitchen smelling bad, I'll spray the kitchen. I'll spray my garbage if I'm not going to take it outside right away. I find it easier to sleep if I spray my dirty clothes hamper. If you have pets, you'll probably find a need for this all the time. I think I pull this out about 4 times a month for one smell or another.

I usually just spray about twice and that seems to do the trick; therefore, one bottle lasts a VERY long time, so I think it's worth the price.

I'm surprised at the performance of Febreze, it really is quite powerful against bad smells.

I think the scent is perfect because it's really the absence of scent.