2.9

2.9

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Everything sewing in one convenient place.

These people take pride in their store. The selection is varied, and the prices are great. Sign up for their emails, and they offer wonderful discounts. I have been ordering my fabric from them for about 4 years now and have to say that they always deliver quality textiles. If I am looking for something they usually have it and they often carry some unique fabrics that I didn't know I was looking for. Laughing.  They continue to run specials and give customers the best prices.They are the leaders in dealing with the top quality of fabric. They have built a reputation over few years, in such a short span of time, for their top class fabric and quality service with customer satisfaction. For their regular customers, they give benefits like points. Their frequent customers shop and earn points on their shopping. These points can later be redeemed for discount coupons. The more you buy, the less you have to pay! Fabric.com makes sure that their customers remain satisfied from them, and they make every effort in meeting their customer’s expectation. They not only retail fabric, but also wholesale it. Their shipping is quick, and is free with any order over $35.00, so far I haven't had to use customer service. I would definitely recommend using this store.

Disappointed

I used Fabric.com around Christmas time to order some fabric for Christmas gifts. Everything went smoothly, so I decided to get fabric from them for my quilting project. Yes, the prices were okay, and I got my package relatively quickly, however, one of the fabrics I ordered was not there. In addition, upon closer inspection, they sent one of the wrong fabrics. I tried called customer service and was told there were 13 people in front of me. This was near their closing time, so I decided to email. It has been a week and I have heard NOTHING back from them. In addition, each time I have tried to call customer service, there has been a long wait. I work during the day and do not have time to sit on hold for 20 minutes waiting for someone to hopefully answer. I will not be purchasing fabric from here ever again. I am hoping I hear something back soon! :-/

Not Quilter Friendly

from Maryland

Comments about Fabric.com:

While they advertise low prices, if you choose to order less than a full yard of fabric the advertised price per yard will be increased 75% to calculate your half yard price. Many quilt patterns require many less than full yard cuts of various fabric. I find that a shop that forces me to buy more than I need in order to take advantage of their pricing is a shop that is taking advantage of me. Over the past 3 days I have purchased 26 yards of fabric--none of it from fabric.com. There are hundreds of fabric shops online that have better customer service and better pricing if you are looking for less than full yard cuts.

The Worst Online Fabric Store Ever

from South Carolina

Comments about Fabric.com:

I have been ordering from Fabric.com for several years, they USED to be great, orders came quickly as i'm only one state away, customer service was great. Then they moved and everything changed. Now if you get your order, which they probably don't have anymore of whatever you ordered by the time they get around to processing it, it will probably have something missing or the most wrong fabric possible with the sticker on it saying what it should be, like vinyl tablecloth fabric when you ordered tulle. It takes about 3 weeks to get an order when they actually have everything in stock, the numbers showing in stock yardage are lies. Customer service is no help at all, they apologize say they will look into the issue and nothing happens. All the while they have your money and you have no fabric. I purchase from many online fabric stores and none of them have taken as long and gotten things so consistently wrong as fabric.com. If you can find whatever you are looking for someplace else, even if it costs a little more just get it there, trust me, its not worth the trouble ordering from fabric.com they will disappoint you.

Terrible customer service

Comments about Fabric.com:

Thought I'd found the answer to traveling locally to JoAnn Fabrics. First couple of orders were fine, a bit slow, but fine. Then they started screwing up orders, waiting a week to let me know one of my fabrics wasn't in stock anymore and I could order something else, but it had to be the exact same price. They have messed up my last project. Currently waiting to see what they're going to do about the last screwup. How does a company expect to stay in business with lousy customer service like this?? Oh, and fabric is okay, nothing fabulous, just normal fabric. They haven't reinvented the wheel or anything.

Awful experience

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Fabric.com:

I've ordered from them twice. The first time, they emailed me 6 days after placing my order that one product is no longer carried and I had to substitute it. My second order, again, 6 days later, I was emailed that one product was out of stock and they didn't have as much as another that I ordered. The only reason they get more than a one is because they do have some really cute prints. That is, if the prints are in stock. Whether it shows as in stock or not when you order is meaningless.

What they show as in stock isn't true, so you never know if you can actually get what you want until it has been shipped.

Product Selection
They do have a lot of cute fabric, but even after you order what shows to be in stock, they may or may not actually have it.

Product Pricing
For a site advertised as being cheap, I'm not impressed with their high prices at all. Nothing about their pricing is cheap unless you happen to find a deal, which is rare.

Shipping and Returns
It takes them an entire week to actually ship orders.

• Shipping and Returns:

This company has progressively gone down hill

Comments about Fabric.com:

I used to love this company. They always shipped within a day, had great sales, and often showed I was a valued customer by sending an occasional coupon. They called me if there was a problem with the order and always solved the problem immediately to my satisfaction. Since they moved to a new warehouse (automated so as to cut down on employees, I am sure) and sold out a fw years ago, customer service is non-existent, shipping takes 2 weeks (I live 70 miles from their warehouse), and if there is a problem, the order languishes even longer until you call and ask what the heck is going on. Prices are so-so...maybe a little cheaper than the competition, but certainly no value when you add the lack of service and slow, slow shipping. I can't promise I won't order from them again, but will avoid it if there are other options.

processing/shipping time is ridiculous

Comments about Fabric.com:

I ordered almost $200 worth of fabric nine days ago. My order is still processing - not shipped. Customer service's excuse was "we had a big sale" - wtf why wouldn't they plan for additional business??? Never ordering again...I will order from other sites. Quilthome will have my fabric on my porch in three days and they are on the opposite side of the US from me.

Product Pricing
The only reason I shopped here was the price. I will wait for sales at other sites from now on.

Customer Service
Can I give this a negative score?

Shipping and Returns
Nine days later and my order is still "processing" i understand they had a big black friday sale...why didn't they plan for the additional business????

Great Fabric Site

Profile Image

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Fabric.com:

I am an avid crafter and have gotten into photography as a side business lately and the website fabric.com has been a godsend. I love this website so much. I have purchased numerous colors of faux fur for my newborn photography sessions. The quality is amazing and the width is much larger than the standard size found in most stores. The price is also very competitive. I have also purchased numerous print and pattern fabrics to be used as backdrops for my indoor studio. They look fantastic and search my needs great. In addition to the fabrics and materials I have bought for my photography needs I have also bought tulle from this website to make my own little tutus for my two-year-old daughter. They are very simple and so cute. The cost can not be beat either with much of their tulle for less than a dollar per yard. This website also offers free shipping for any orders over thirty-five dollars. Great service and products. Love it all!

DEFINITELY order swatches first!

Comments about Fabric.com:

I absolutely love shopping and browsing the Fabric.com website. I have purchased cloth diapering materials there, upholstery fabric, apparel linens, and notions. They always have extremely fast shipping and their measurements are always accurate if not a little longer than what you ordered. They have always offered free shipping for orders over $35 which is a nice low threshold that is easy to meet. I especially love browsing the patterns in their home decor section.

There is definitely a discrepancy in color from my computer monitor to the pattern of the fabric when I actually receive it. This is why I highly encourage anyone to order swatches of a particular fabric before you order a great deal of it for a project. I find that the colors are much brighter and more neon in real life for their Premier Prints and Robert Kaufman fabric lines.

The first time I ordered swatches I did not receive them for weeks... I eventually called up and they immediately sent out a new replacement order that I received very quickly. The old order showed up a week later and had apparently got lost in the mail. This was the only interaction I had with their customer service and I found them to be extremely helpful and obliging.

Huge Selection, Always a Sale

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about Fabric.com:

I love Fabric.com and can spend hours looking at their site. I have spent a considerable amount of money on the site and am pleased with the quality of the products I have ordered. Fabric.com offers free shipping over $35, and their policy of cutting 37 inch yards means that I don't worry about not ordering enough. I have also downloaded some really cute, free patterns in PDF format from the site.

I have been sewing since I was a child and am fortunate to understand the terminology that goes along with fabrics and notions. For the novice, the fabrics are well-described, and recently the site has begun soliciting reviews for each item from customers. I can't wait until this aspect of the site takes off. It will be helpful.

Fabric.com offers coupon codes and has a frequent buyer reward program. It also links to shop for points/rewards sites, so I always get a little extra bang for my buck.

I have rarely been disappointed. Once I was sent the wrong fabric. I emailed customer service with the item number and the problem was immediately fixed. They also told me I could keep the fabric they mistakenly shipped.

Credit Card Was Compromised

Comments about Fabric.com:

I was looking for a specific type of fabric for making cloth diapers, and Fabric.com had a really good price on exactly what I was looking for. Great! I ordered several colors and waited for my order. And waited some more. Finally I inquired about the order and was told that one of the colors I wanted was out of stock, and I would need to substitute it. Fine, but it would have been great to have been told that right away. They messed something else up in the communication, and all in all it took about a month to receive my order. Then, over the holidays, while we were out of town traveling, our credit card was compromised and the credit card company froze it. That was really bad timing to not be able to use our card! A couple of months later I received a letter from Fabric.com that some of their customer's information had been compromised and to check our credit card statements carefully for fraudulent charges. They also offered a discount coupon with the letter. That was a nice touch, and I appreciate that they were forthcoming with the security breach, but I don't think I will shop with them again after my experience.