Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

• Cooking Performance:

Easy low-fuss meal maker but not so easy to clean!

I had a 3 quart slow cooker and we used it often but it did not have a removable baking pan so I shopped around and ended up choosing this 6 quart slow cooker by Crock-Pot. I'm not going to lie, the color helped (Mine is a deep glossy red). The cooking pan is removable for "easier" cleaning. There is 2 settings for cooking, low and high. And there is a digital timer for setting how long you want your food to cook. It adds 30 minute increments. Once the timer is done, the slow cooker goes to "warm" mode to keep your food warm instead of just turning off.

I find myself using our slow-cooker about once a week. I used to only cook on low heat for about 6-8 hours but depending on the meat, it's usually overdone. I now find myself cooking on low for only about 5-6 hours instead. I rarely use the high temp unless I'm in a hurry to get dinner done. I also cook from frozen which makes meal planning easier and I have never had a problem with this slow-cooker undercooking frozen foods.

My one and only complaint is the cleanup. Yes the pan is removable which means I could put it in the dishwasher or soak it in the sink, but no matter how long I soak it or what temp I use on the dishwasher, there is always food stuck on the pan. Typically I'm scrubbing the pan multiple times to get it clean.

Also, I'm not even sure if they make them this way, but I wish it was slightly deeper. It is very long so a long roast will fit perfectly but not a tall roast. I like to cook whole chickens in my slow cooker and if the chicken is a larger one then the lid doesn't fit right.

I've had my Crock-Pot for about 4 years and it still works as great as it did the first day, I just wish it was easier to clean!

Time to Heat
Usually done before the timer is done

Cooking Performance
You have to watch to make sure your food doesn't burn.

I often have to scrub multiple times to get it clean and putting it in the dishwasher doesn't clean it.

heats too fast

This crock pot while good in size, heats faster than ever needed. The idea of slow cooker meals is just that to cook slow, the first time I put a slow cooker meal on for the suggested time of 8 hours on low, I came home to charred bar-b-que chicken and veggies, almost unrecognizable. I thought it was a fluke so cautiously put the next one high for 4 hours and got the same result. I have to dial back suggested cooking times by 2-3 hours for almost everything which either dries up the meat or does not cook things properly. Very frustrating. It is also very hard to clean, I really have to take it out and scrub it good before putting in dishwasher each time. It is however a good size and the lid makes it easy to remove and store leftovers in the fridge.

Time to Heat
This crock pot cannot be trusted for accurate cooking times, see above!

Cooking Performance
Because of cooking times, performance is sacraficed. Dries out meats.

You really need to use your elbow grease to get this crock clean!

It is fairly easy to use as it only has a few buttons.

It is appealing to the eyes and is one of the more appealing stainless steel crocks I have seen.

It does appear to be durable and made of strong materials. I am not afraid of it cracking or breaking at anytime.

Great size but Hot !

from Cockeysville, MD

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

This is a good size crock pot for dinners but it gets extremely hot. Make sure when you are using it that you fill the size and only cook for the correct amount of time. If there is not enough in it the meal may have a burnt taste to it. And if it is left in for too long the bottom will definitely be burnt too.

• Cooking Performance:

Super kitchen in one appliance

from Kingsland, GA

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I love my Crockpot I can do so much in it and make dinner while I'm at work. I love how simple it is to use. Its easy enough for my mother who has a brain injury to understand and use too.

Time to Heat
Heats up quickly and maintains the temperature for the amount of time needed when the timer is set.

Cooking Performance
I've never had a meal turn out bad always comes out perfect. I love to put a turkey breast in and cook it with rice or stuffed bell peppers two of my go to meals when I know I have company coming for dinner. With only two people in my home Thanksgiving is easy with my crockpot. I can put the turkey breast, stuffing, potatoes and green beans in together in layers and within a few hours dinner is ready.

Just put it in the dishwasher and that's it

Super simple no rocket science here

Simple and nice stainless steel matches everything and its nice looking

I've had mine for over 5 years and its still going well.

• Cooking Performance:

Makes a boatload of food

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I'm new to slow cooking food but have been pleased with the size and ease to cook stews and chili in this appliance. I prefer to cook fresh and roast vegetables with animal protein and most of my meals are prepped in less than 30 minutes and cook in one hour or less. The crock pot is ideal for big batches where flavors can meld. I won't leave mine unattended because I don't like that option so unless I'm home all day, I will choose meals with fresh ingredients more often than not, however, when I want chili or stew, I will use this crock pot.

Time to Heat
Seems to take few minutes to get going but adjusts well throughout cooking.

Cooking Performance
Pleased with its efficiency to cook slow meals.

Easy to clean.

Though it takes a few minutes to heat up initially, it seems to adjust well throughout cooking when temperature needs to go up or down.

The size is great. Love the digital read out. The non stick surface is good and I believe this brand is lead free from the research I did, I'm happy with the brand.

Okay..

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

Our crock-pot gets used about once a week, sometimes not that much. We've had this crock-pot for a couple years now. I love slow cookers because they are easy to use, you just put in all the ingredients and let it do all the work. We mostly use it for pot-roast, chicken and dumplings, and black bean chili. It's an ease to use, even people that have never used a crock-pot can use it as there are only a couple of settings with this one.

Heats up very quickly.

Cooking Performance
Cooks as it is supposed too.

The last couple of months though, no matter how I choose to clean it (be it by hand or the dishwasher) it never looks clean and looks like there is still a lot of stuck on food (when there isn't). When you wipe it with a dish cloth/towel the marks go away then come back when it's completely dry. It looks worse out of the dishwasher. Constantly looks dirty now.

Simple and easy to use design, looks nice sitting on the counter. Doesn't look out of place with other pieces of cookware.

Had a couple of years now.

Crock-Pot 6-Quart: Love the Timer

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

My first Crock-Pot didn't have a timer, so I was excited to get the programmable 6-Quart Crock-Pot Slow Cooker. After years of use, it has not disappointed me. It has stood up to many hours of cooking and many washes, and still works just as well as it did when I first got it.

The 6-Quart is a perfect size for my family of 5. I can make enough food for all of us in the Crock-Pot alone for several nights. I often place a whole chicken, and it is the easiest way I have found to cook on. The removable insert is so nice because you can easily take it out (once it cools) and put it the dishwasher. There are some stains that I cannot remove no matter what I use, but I know that it is clean so that's okay.

The timer is my favorite feature of this Crock-Pot. This makes it possible to leave the house or leave it on overnight without worrying about it overcooking your food. For instance, if you put the setting on high and set the timer for 6 hours, it will change the setting to "warm" once the 6 hours are up. This way your food won't overcook, but also won't get cold and sit out growing bacteria. You can set it an forget about it, although it does have a helpful beep that goes off once the set time is up.

Dependable

from Gulfport, MS

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

This Crock-Pot slow cooker has been a dependable friend in the kitchen for many years. The size has worked well when cooking for two or cooking for a crowd. The buttons and various settings are intuitive and easy to operate, and the bowl is easy to clean. It is easy to pick up and carry around, even with a dish inside, and although there isn't a way to secure the top to the bowl, that has not presented a major problem during its use. When trying to use it for reheating purposes, it can take a while, but has always worked well on low or hi for soups, chilis, and stews. The glass lid is nice so that you can clearly see the progress of whatever is cooking inside without having to remove the lid and lose some heat. A friend had the same Crock Pot and had trouble with dishes burning, but I have not had that experience thus far. This Crock Pot has worked well and I would look into getting another of the same brand if I needed to replace this one.

Use all the time!

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

This Crock-Pot is just awesome! I have the red one. I love that I can set the timer and know that this will automatically switch over to "keep warm" once it's up. I don't have to worry about if I don't get home from work in time to turn this off because of that feature. This is also a really nice size, and I find that it works with everything that I am cooking.

Time to Heat
The amount of time this Crock-Pot takes seems very accurate. Sometimes the recipe will be off, but I haven't noticed any issued with the cooker itself with the timeframe to slow-cook.

Cooking Performance
This just makes roasts fall apart, amazing pulled pork, fluffy baked potatoes, and MOIST pork chops. This is by far one of my favorite cooking methods and love exploring all the amazing things I can cook in it.

This inner bowl can be taken out and put in the dishwasher for easy clean up, along with the lid. I usually use a slow-cooker liner to make the clean up even easier.

All you have to do it set the tempurature, set the time, and you're done! Love love!

Love the oblong shape--accomidates all kinds of dishes.

I've had mine for years and it's going strong!

heats too fast

from South Portland, ME

Time to Heat
This crock pot cannot be trusted for accurate cooking times, see above!

Cooking Performance
Because of cooking times, performance is sacraficed. Dries out meats.

You really need to use your elbow grease to get this crock clean!

It is fairly easy to use as it only has a few buttons.

• Cooking Performance:

just used it tonight and love it!

from Gig Harbor, WA

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

I had a death with my last Crock Pot as it cracked, s I set out to find a new one. This time i needed the Timer as I can be gone up to 10 hours a day. I chose this one because it was not too complicated or too expensive. It offers great quality and was so easy. I came home tonight to my roast done and it was switched to Warm after the 8 hours and was not overdone at all. The meat is moist and I am very happy. The digital counter is flawless so far and the unit did not get hot as I worry with my little one around. Perfect roast tonight!

Cooking Performance
Had to be gone 10 hours-roast on high for 8 hours and unit switched to warm. Meat was perfect when I got home

It's Excellent... but not PERFECT

from Lisle, IL

Comments about Crock-Pot 6-Quart Slow Cooker:

There are some excellent things about this crockpot. First, I love the digital display. It's easy to work and I've never had problems with heat. It's appealing aesthetically and is nice on a counter to blend in with decor/stainless steel appliances.

The issues: The lid is a connected lid but isn't perfectly sealed. Heat gets out and it's therefore not completely efficient. And the other issue is that it doesn't have a volume control. That beeping is loud!

I use a lemon to clean the interior as it can get filmy.