Other Crock Pots & Slow Cookers:

Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker

Pros

Cons

• Cooking Performance:

One of the best things ever made

from Raleigh nc

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Compact Size
  • Dishwasher Safe

Cons

• Meats
    • Rice
    • Veggies

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker:

I cook in a crock pot 4 to 5 times a week my husband does late nights so it's convenient to get up start cooking at 7 so it's ready when he goes into work and while I'm at work. I love the fact I can put it on and not worry about it.

Awesome Slow Cooker!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker:

I received this Crock-Pot Oval Manual Slow Cooker as a housewarming gift a couple of years ago. I'd never owned one so I was excited to look up recipes. This thing cooks everything. You can set the temperature, put your food in, go and do your day's errands, and come back to a full meal.

Time to Heat
    This crock pot heats up in a reasonable amount of time. It takes less than a minute for it to heat up.

Cooking Performance
    Absolutely no complaints here. I've set it to low when I want to cook something for hours while I'm at work or running errands. I've set it to high when I wanted something to cook for an hour of two because I wanted to eat faster. Either way, my food was always thoroughly cooked and flavorful. Any meats I cook are always tender and juicy.

The Crock-Pot is made of ceramic so it's extremely easy to clean. I've never had a need to scrub or soak. It wipes clean with little to no effort.

Using this crock pot if fool proof! There aren't a ton of settings to tinker with. You simply select your cooking setting, and let the Crock-Pot do the rest!

It's your standard oval shaped design. I like it because I can fit large roasts in it. I also like that it's a simple clean design. One color, minimal wording on the crock pot.

I've had my crock pot for over 5 yrs now. Works like new. I think this Crock-Pot is a good investment for any home.

• Cooking Performance:

So glad to have this in my kitchen...

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker:

I honestly do not know how I would survive without my Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker. I use it at least once a week. It is very nice to have during the summer when you really do not want to heat up the kitchen since it does not put off too much heat. Of course it is lovely to have in the winter as well. I enjoy how versatile the Crockpot is. I can cook anything from stew to baked potatoes to dessert. It makes my life so much easier knowing that I can add my ingredients and leave it alone all day. I am pretty busy these days so being able to prepare something in a short amount of time is very important to me. With the Crockpot I am able to do so without having to sacrifice the good taste of a homecooked meal.

Time to Heat
    It heats up as fast as it should given the fact that it is a crock pot.

Cooking Performance
    The cooking performance is always top notch.

I really wish that my Crockpot was easier to clean but it is rather hard to get the leftover food scrubbed off.

It's very easy to use and straightforward.

Lasted through college!

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker:

This is the only crackpot that I've ever owned. It's survived all four years of college living with four boys. It was used very frequently. Years later I still use it at least once a week and it is never let me down. The only thing that I wish it had were the inserts for smaller sizes. Because it is fairly big.

• Cooking Performance:

An awesome and convenient slow cooker.

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker:

I used the Crock-Pot 5.5 Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker back in my college days. I was a college student, so I did not have a whole lot of money. As a result, I could not afford to eat out all the time. My school also did not offer very healthy or appetizing food in the cafeteria, and so I often relied on my slow cooker to make my meals. Needless to say, this machine is fantastic. I hate waking up early in the morning and having to make breakfast while incredibly tired, nor do I like cooking dinner right after a long and tiring class. This slow cooker allows to avoid that. I don't have to cook breakfast in the morning because the night before, I simply put some meat and soup into the pot, and let it cook slowly overnight. For dinners, I can put some food into it in the morning (when I'm not too tired or busy). This slow cooker is very effective - my food always comes out steaming hot and delicious. This slow cooker really made college life more convenient, worry-free, and tasty ;)

Time to Heat
    It's a slow cooker, so plan accordingly :)

Slow & easy.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker:

This is another product we received as a gift for our anniversary. I have never been one to really use or like a crock pot. I must admit that it has changed my mind about crock pots in general. My only other experience, with crock pots left much to be desired, this one seems much better than the ones from just a few years before. One of my biggest complaints was it took the old units a long time to get up to temperature. This unit is fast it quickly reaches temperature and holds it well. I was really happily surprised to see how well it did perform. I believe the simple fact that this unit heats so quickly is why the food cooked in it comes out so much better than the previous units I have tried.

Time to Heat
    This crock pot heats up fast and holds it temperature extremely well.

Cooking Performance
    This unit has awesome performance for such a large capacity cooker.

This particular unit is easily cleaned as well.

The oval design helps to accomadate larger foods.

• Cooking Performance:

Extremely versitle and a must have for every kitchen

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker:

It isn't often that I love a kitchen tool. Especially since I'm still getting used to navigating the kitchen. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE my crockpot. There are so many things you can make with it. I've made soups, stews, chicken dishes, beef dishes, desserts, cooked a roast, made buffalo chicken dip. The possibilities are literally endless.

Time to Heat
    This crock pot heats up almost immediately and keeps an even temperature the entire time it is in use.

Cooking Performance
    You can cook almost anything in a crock pot. I've made a wide variety of items including chicken and a roast. I've heard some people say that things end up dried out but I've never had that issue. Everything has always been moist and wonderful.

The one down side to the crock pot is that it never seems easy to clean. You can get the liners to make clean up easier, but without using the liners, I usually have to soak to get it clean.

It can't get much simpler then dumping a bunch of ingredients into a pot and putting it into the on switch!

This is a nice sized product that is easy to store either on a countertop or underneath in cabinets.

This crock pot is stable and durable. I've accidently dropped the lid and it was still fine.

Wonderful. A must have!

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker:

This crock pot is very basic, but that is all that you need to make the most delicious and easy meals! I honestly couldn't see doing without it. There are upwards of ten "favorite" meals of ours that are made in this crock pot. I genuinely just love it. Obviously my family does too!

Time to Heat
    I believe that it takes time for the better meals. If we are talking about settings on newer types that make your food cook faster, I don't have enough knowledge of them to judge them, but it is no problem for me to make meals that call for four, six, or eight hours. I make a mean stroganoff with it!

Cooking Performance
    Everything comes out delicious!! Slight sticking on the inner edges makes it difficult to clean sometimes. That would be the only complaint I have.

I usually soak it afterward! I'm sure this is an issue that would be difficult to avoid though.

Definitely the easiest way to make a delicious dinner!

I've had if for a long time!

Perfect size

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker:

I've been using this Crock-Pot for about three years, and it is great. It heats up quickly and offered a pretty high temperature. I use it mostly for stews, soups, curries, and beef or pork roasts. I love the idea of filling it up at night, and waking up to a great vegetable soup. I would absolutely recommend a Crock-Pot brand slow cooker.

• Cooking Performance:

A basic and reliable slow cooker.

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Crock-Pot 5.5-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker:

The Crockpot 5.5 Quart Slow Cooker is a basic and reliable kitchen appliance. We have owned this slow cooker for over 9 years, it's made several moves with us and gets used often. It's actually cooking dinner right now, so it is definitely reliable. This is a basic slow cooker, no bells and whistles. One switch with off, low, high and warm is it, but it gets the job done.

It is often not the easiest to clean but a hot soak in soapy water and a little elbow grease helps. The plastic lid handle is pretty cheap and broke on us, we used a drawer handle to get by, but it doesn't affect the use of this machine.

It does seem to run on the hot side, so it's more like a moderately slow cooker.

With those downsides, I give it a good ranking because it's lasted the test of time. It still works like the day we received it as a wedding gift. Which not many small kitchen appliances last that long. It's a very basic appliance and doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but it's a reliable slow cooker for a great price.