Other Hair Dryers:
Conair
173R
Conair Ion Shine Ceramic 1875 Watt Hair Dryer

Conair Ion Shine Ceramic 1875 Watt Hair Dryer

Decent power, deceiving name.

from Campbellsville, KY

Comments about Conair Ion Shine Ceramic 1875 Watt Hair Dryer:

I use my hairdryer daily, sometimes without the diffuser add-on, and sometimes with it. I didn't appreciate it much at first, because compared to my sister's hairdryer, it was less than average, power-wise. However, I have come to realize that it is just what I need.

I have long hair, mid-back length, and I have found that using the Conair Ion shine 1875 hair dryer, I can get my hair dried straight in about 10 minutes. I think that's pretty good. I felt the name was a bit deceiving, however, in that it doesn't really make my hair shine, and "ionic" made it sound fancy or special.

One problem I have found is that the back vent door thing comes open sometimes, and I have almost lost the vent filter about 4 times. Also, it is generally quiet enough, especially compared to other brands, but it seems to get this loud, high-pitched tone when it's turned on the low power setting.

Overall, I think it's a good purchase for the price.

This is the best hair dryer I have ever purchased!

from High Point, NC

Comments about Conair Ion Shine Ceramic 1875 Watt Hair Dryer:

This is the best Hair dryer I have ever purchased.  To me there are two good things about it. For one it is quiet...i have a small child that is scared of the noise my old one used to make.  Second of all it dries my hair really quickly. I have thick hair so it usually takes a long time to dry.  I would recommend this to anyone!

I like the features on the Conair Ion Shine Hair Dryer

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Conair Ion Shine Ceramic 1875 Watt Hair Dryer:

I don't really replace my hair dryer all that often - but when I have I've usually stuck with Conair hair dryers. My family has bought them for years so I just continued with them because they have always worked for me. I have actually owned 2 of this same hair dryer - but not by choice. I bought this one because my Mom had the same one and I liked it. Then after about a year I noticed that it was taking my hair a really really long time to dry. So I used the same hair dryer at my Mom's house when I was visiting and it didn't take as long! So something was wrong. I bought another one and it actually is a little more powerful than my Mom's - so they all seem to vary! I like the warm and hot features - although the warm isn't warm enough to dry my hair and the hot is pretty darn hot. The cool blast feature is nice because I have long hair and my hair gets pretty hot by the time I'm done drying my hair!